Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 07:42 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
No one as Missy said, not twice at least.
Only gotta do it once in the playoffs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 01:27 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,852,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
The Patriots have three stats here that are getting my attention.
They lead the AFC East with a 9-2 record. YET:
They are last in the conference in total defense, giving up an average of 399 yards a game.
They are also around the middle of the pack (7th) in the conference in offense.
But they lead the conference and the league itself in scoring with 334 points.
The Jets are 6th in the conference in offense and 2nd in the conference (third in the league) in total defense.
Like Luke9686 said, probably the best game of the season. A field goal probably wins it. And that could come in OT as well.
The stats did not matter much once they started playing, did they? The one observation I had was that the Jets had not beaten many teams with a winning record while the Pats had beaten the Colts, Chargers, Ravens, and Steelers...

Old 12-08-2010, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post
I can't wait for this game! Best game so far for the AFC. The Pats have improved their defense since their loss to the jets. Plus Bardy is hands down the better QB. I'll put my money on the Patriots!
Good call....

Old 12-08-2010, 03:12 PM

18,218 posts, read 25,857,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
The stats did not matter much once they started playing, did they? The one observation I had was that the Jets had not beaten many teams with a winning record while the Pats had beaten the Colts, Chargers, Ravens, and Steelers...
On the Jet team thread (can't remember the post#) I already quoted myself, ate a tad of crow on it too! I don't admit calling it when I'm mistaken. I recall saying "so much for what I know". 45-3 trumps the other stats. Pats steamroll Jets. Bill outcoaches Rex.

I'll bet I'm not the only one who was mistaken though. Agreed on the issue of the Jets winning against weak clubs, I was at the Bronco/Jet game at Invesco. Been a Bronco fan for 47 years (yea, I'm ancient).

I've always posted over the last couple years that as long as Belechick and Brady are on the same team the Patriots are never out of it. Always.

Old 12-08-2010, 03:39 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,801,239 times
Quote:
On the Jet team thread (can't remember the post#) I already quoted myself, ate a tad of crow on it too! I don't admit calling it when I'm mistaken. I recall saying "so much for what I know". 45-3 trumps the other stats. Pats steamroll Jets. Bill outcoaches Rex.

I'll bet I'm not the only one who was mistaken though. Agreed on the issue of the Jets winning against weak clubs, I was at the Bronco/Jet game at Invesco. Been a Bronco fan for 47 years (yea, I'm ancient).

I've always posted over the last couple years that as long as Belechick and Brady are on the same team the Patriots are never out of it. Always.
Actually, the seeds of my doubts regarding the Jets occurred in the week 1 game against the Ravens. If you watch a replay of that game, you have the template for beating them. You have to hit the QB early, and inhibit the WRs from running clear patterns. Also, it is notable that the Jets other loss was to the Packers, a shutout, where the offense looked every bit as lost as they did against the Ravens. Finally, the Jets defense, even prior to the MNF game, had been allowing considerable more yards passing than the previous season.

I look at the Jets being this year's version of last year's Bengals team. They got off to a quick start, with no mistakes on offense and stingy defense. However, the turnovers began to mount against Palmer in the second half of the year. Look at where the Bengals are today.

Old 12-09-2010, 07:18 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Looking forward to see the Bears v. Pats Sunday.

Winning is what it's all about and this year there is NO ONE looking even remotely unbeatable. Making the playoffs is the golden ticket this year in my opinion....any of the teams out there playing decent ball could win the superbowl this year.

P.S. Stats are nice but only predictive in the steady state. For example, the Bears are a MUCH better team now than they were 5-6 weeks ago when they were in the softer stretch of their schedule. Injuries or a lack of them and how teams react and respond is what makes things so volatile.

Old 12-09-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
The Pats have had a lot of turnover. Look at the offense. Maroney, Moss, and Watson (TE) were all starters last year and are gone. There are only 11 players on the Pats roster now that were on the team in 2008 when the Pats won their last playoff game against the Chargers...

Old 12-09-2010, 11:57 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,065,142 times
If it were any team OTHER than the Patriots that beat the Jets so bad, I'd have congratulated them on a great win. But with the Patriots, there's always the question of whether some underhanded methods were used. Sorry, thats their reputation.

Old 12-09-2010, 02:35 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,838,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
If it were any team OTHER than the Patriots that beat the Jets so bad, I'd have congratulated them on a great win. But with the Patriots, there's always the question of whether some underhanded methods were used. Sorry, thats their reputation.
oh right, and Ben Roethlisberger should not be allowed to ever socialize with young women again, because he could molest them. "Sorry, that's his reputation", you know. Makes as much sense.

Old 12-09-2010, 02:43 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,679,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
lame
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football