Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 09:43 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,195,472 times

Advertisements

This is shaping up to be the game of the season, at least in the AFC. As usual, the Pats prepare and work on their game plan, while Rex Ryan and the Jets run their mouths in the media.

Yes, the Jets beat the Pats early in the season, and are also 9-2, but you also have to look at who the Jets beat, how close some of those games were, and also who beat the Jets. New England beat the Ravens who beat the Jets to kick off the season, while the Pats lost to Cleveland and the Jets barely squeeked by the Browns in OT.

I think the Pats have done a lot of work on both offense and defense to correct some of the issues that caused that early loss to the Jets, and they are at home for this game, as opposed to being at the Meadowlands. I think the combination of home field advantage, a desire for revenge, and better coaching will be the difference for the Pats this time.

My bet is the Pats will be 10-2 and in sole control of the AFC East come Tuesday 12/7.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2010, 09:48 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,059,883 times
Can they both lose? I wish that was possible!

Old 11-28-2010, 10:11 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,195,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Can they both lose? I wish that was possible!
Yeah, cause your Colts looked so good. LOL

Old 11-28-2010, 10:37 AM

2,179 posts, read 6,718,142 times
This is going to be a good game.

The Jets not only need to get their running game in order, but they also need to neutralize Welker and Woodhead and collapse the pocket on Brady - not give him forever to make a throw (he could have made, consumed, and cleaned up Thanksgiving dinner on some of those snaps against Detroit). This game will also be a true litmus test to see how good Sanchez really is. These are the Patriots, not the Broncos, Browns, or Lions; there is not much room for heroic comebacks against that team.

I'm looking forward to see how my Jets will weather this storm.

Old 11-28-2010, 10:43 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
This is shaping up to be the game of the season, at least in the AFC. As usual, the Pats prepare and work on their game plan, while Rex Ryan and the Jets run their mouths in the media.

Yes, the Jets beat the Pats early in the season, and are also 9-2, but you also have to look at who the Jets beat, how close some of those games were, and also who beat the Jets. New England beat the Ravens who beat the Jets to kick off the season, while the Pats lost to Cleveland and the Jets barely squeeked by the Browns in OT.

I think the Pats have done a lot of work on both offense and defense to correct some of the issues that caused that early loss to the Jets, and they are at home for this game, as opposed to being at the Meadowlands. I think the combination of home field advantage, a desire for revenge, and better coaching will be the difference for the Pats this time.

My bet is the Pats will be 10-2 and in sole control of the AFC East come Tuesday 12/7.
I'm a little confused at what point you are trying to make because even though the Jets beat a lot of crappy teams, they also beat the Pats. So not sure what it is you are trying to say.

Old 11-28-2010, 10:47 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,059,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
Yeah, cause your Colts looked so good. LOL
18-1!! LOL...

*blowing you a kiss*

Old 11-29-2010, 05:28 AM

3,869 posts, read 4,080,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
18-1!! LOL...

*blowing you a kiss*
My therapy has cleared my memory of that season. This coming game will be a good one though! 24-10 Pats

Old 11-29-2010, 09:25 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
This coming game will be a good one though! 24-10 Pats
Not just a prediction of victory, but a score, too. OK, if you say so.

Old 11-29-2010, 02:43 PM

872 posts, read 1,714,002 times
The Patriots have a better offense than the Jets, particularly at QB. The Jets best hope is to keep the score low, get some turnovers, and some bogus pass interference calls go their way.

Old 11-29-2010, 04:17 PM

3,869 posts, read 4,080,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Not just a prediction of victory, but a score, too. OK, if you say so.
Of course victory, and the score just sounded right. I will eat some crow if need be, but pretty sure I'll be going to the Sizzler after that game!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football