Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 08:31 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times

Advertisements

BTW, any of you Broncos fans remember Josh McDaniels? I remember his first season as a head coach, the Broncos won six straight and everyone was talking coach of the year and throwing his name around in the same sentence as Shula, Lombardi, and Parcells. Didn't take long before he was exposed as a below average coach.

I don't see Tebow having the staying power of the elite QB's of the league until he can learn how to pass with a degree of accuracy and instinct. When he becomes a double threat on the field, that's when you'll see more believers.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:43 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,146,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Yeah, wait until. You could say this about Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, etc.

Tebow has had some hurrible games! Most all of them. But he's found a way to hang in there to the last minute. What about the Broncos' defense? What about the Broncos' punter? The Broncos' special teams play in general? How about the Broncos' O-line play against the Bolts?

I'm not going to buy the argument that they've been winning against the lowly AFC West. What about the lowly NFC West? Save for San Francisco, who gets to play them 6 times. Oakland beat the Bears Sunday, a team who is doing well in the toughest division in all of the NFL. KC gave the Pittsburgh Steelers all they could handle last night. The Bears had a rough time against the Bolts last week with Cutler having a fantastic game.

Like I say, let's just take these games one at a time and see if they can at least catch the Raiders. I think the Broncos are 3-2 against the AFC West with the Raiders at 2-2 and the Broncos have the KC Chiefs at home to go. So there's your tiebreaker.

So crunch your numbers Lancet. Do our homework for us, would ya? Well, let me give you something else to rant about as to why the Broncos are so lucky; the other team goofed up. They threw a pick-6! They didn't go for the TD! They missed the field goal!

shoulda coulda woulda!

I saw the game myself and the Broncos had to beat the refs ass too! They took away at least a touchdown from Tebow and Decker and at least 80 yards passing. A ridiculous holding penalty on #50. So... you go ahead and be a stats geek and try to figure out why Tebow is getting so lucky. But you'll miss how his O-line is improving and how even his throws are improving. Keep wailing and knashing them teeth for us though.

Happy Holidays and till next week.

Late Add:

Bluescreen73, yeah... defense and the special teams play have been awesome... with the later being a constant due to that punter.
But, who cares whether Tebow get credit or not? You? Ask Tebow who he gives the credit to. Or don't, especially if you're sick of hearing him praise his Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, then his teammates... in that order.
Are you putting Tebow in the same category as Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees? Boy, you are dreaming. These 2 are QUALITY QB's and the name Tebow CANNOT be mentioned in the same sentence as either of them. Now get back to me when you take the Bronco blinders off.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:51 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Tebow deserves some credit but by no means does he deserve a majority of it or all the attention he's getting.

The defense and Britton Colquitt deserve most of the respect. The Broncos punted the ball 9 times yesterday and 8 times last week. Out of all those gifts, the Chiefs and Chargers scored a combined 26 points. That's defense kids.

We can talk about all the rushing yards Tebow and McGahee have racked up but they're mostly garbage yards (like Orton and Cutler's overinflated passing yardage) because the Broncos are failing to convert those yards into points.

When Tebow can actually play a complete game and not spend 55 minutes looking like crap, I'll give him a little more credit.
Agree on the defense. Von Miller is the undisputed Defensive Rookie of the Year in my opinion. John Fox (as much as I hate admitting it as a Panthers fan who was happy to see him go) deserves some credit as well.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:55 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,988,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
The respect he deserves? The guy has gotten very lucky. Did he have a good game Sunday? Not really. His total yards passing was nothing to talk about and his yards per rush were around 3. Wait until he plays a real team with a rushing defense. Then what? Will it just be classified an off day or bad game?
You mean like Miami who is ranked 7th in rushing defense? He came back and scored 15 points in like 2 minutes to them. I don't think it's luck. I think it's just a good team effort and good team strategy. The coaching staff is fitting a game plan to his ability and they are winning. If you have won 5 out of 6 games in an NFL season, something must be going right. Is he a great QB? No, but he knows how to win games and that's all that should matter.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:03 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,331,786 times
I like Tebow and I admire what he's accomplished. I also admire John Fox for changing his approach to fit Tebow's style...not many 'genius' coaches would try that and would instead wait to find the right players to fit their trusted system.

That said, I think that New England will be Tebow's stiffest test since the Lions. The Patriots will scheme all day long, and they're probably not going to be worried about being beaten by the pass, which means they'll focus on containing Tebow. I wonder if New England's performance doesn't perhaps teach other teams how to control Tim.

Old 11-30-2011, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatkins View Post
You mean like Miami who is ranked 7th in rushing defense? He came back and scored 15 points in like 2 minutes to them. I don't think it's luck. I think it's just a good team effort and good team strategy. The coaching staff is fitting a game plan to his ability and they are winning. If you have won 5 out of 6 games in an NFL season, something must be going right. Is he a great QB? No, but he knows how to win games and that's all that should matter.
Miami by no means is a solid team offensively and defensively. Match Tebow against the Steelers and Ravens and it would be another story. I can't deny that he did to some degree contribute to some of those wins but if you look at the last game, the kicker dor SD lost the game for them and the kicker for Denver won the game for them; not Tebow.

Old 11-30-2011, 01:27 AM

18,021 posts, read 27,468,060 times
For one thing, the Broncos don't play the Steelers or the Ravens right now! Unless of course, they meet in the playoffs. But for now, who gives a crap about the Steelers... who damn near lost to the KC Chiefs, or the Ravens, who lost to the Titans by more than a field goal?

The Broncos would have scored a TD... make that Tim Tebow would have scored a TD, had the refs not ripped Decker off in the endzone with that pass interference no-call... and there wouldn't have been any overtime.

The Broncos blocked the first field goal attempt anyway... but a timeout was called, and the kicker got it into his head that it could get blocked again. So... THE BRONCOS BEAT THE CHARGERS!

Do you get that?

Scoreboard! Look up at it!

Old 11-30-2011, 06:25 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Joe View Post
Yet another win- 4 in a row since Tebow took over. Yet all the attention has been on other quarterbacks in the league. I always hear about Rodgers, Brees and even the dog killer in Philly. But I hardly hear anything about Tebow. While Rodgers might be the best in the league, Tebow is easily the 2nd best. I think he is better than Drew Brees. Give Tebow the respect he has earned!
Is this a joke?

Old 11-30-2011, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
For one thing, the Broncos don't play the Steelers or the Ravens right now! Unless of course, they meet in the playoffs. But for now, who gives a crap about the Steelers... who damn near lost to the KC Chiefs, or the Ravens, who lost to the Titans by more than a field goal?

The Broncos would have scored a TD... make that Tim Tebow would have scored a TD, had the refs not ripped Decker off in the endzone with that pass interference no-call... and there wouldn't have been any overtime.

The Broncos blocked the first field goal attempt anyway... but a timeout was called, and the kicker got it into his head that it could get blocked again. So... THE BRONCOS BEAT THE CHARGERS!

Do you get that?

Scoreboard! Look up at it!
Wrong again. Steelers OL and DL was banged up and missing players. It definitely shouldn't have been a close game but the end result is the final score (your theory) and they won.
Now I watched the Bronco/Charger game so you can't change what happened. Firstly the Chargers have lost faith in Rivers and that is why they went to OT. They let the clock run down. Now in OT, if you listen, the whistle was blown but the guys played on so you can't say who continued and who stopped so the blocked kick is garbage. Now when they actually set up for the kick,are you really going to tell me that you knew what was going on in his head? He was afraid of another block? Come on get real! A guy who is supposed to be a professional (even under pressure) blew the kick. Because of the blown kick, Denver started after that with great field position and shortly after, Denver's kicker finished it off. So if you really want to PROPERLY analyze the game, the Charger kicker blew it. The Charger coaches lost faith in Rivers and stopped him from a last minute drive that might have won the game (obviously no guarantee there). The Denver kicker took advantage of his opportunity and won it. If Tebow had 250 yards passing and no TD's, i'd say that his numbers were solid but he just couldn't get into the end zone but the numbers don't lie. He contributed to the offense, but didn't by any means win that game. The kickers won and lost it.

Old 11-30-2011, 06:48 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,988,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Miami by no means is a solid team offensively and defensively. Match Tebow against the Steelers and Ravens and it would be another story. I can't deny that he did to some degree contribute to some of those wins but if you look at the last game, the kicker dor SD lost the game for them and the kicker for Denver won the game for them; not Tebow.
I guess being ranked 7th defensively in rushing doesn't mean anything. Miami really isn't that bad. I'm not sure what you expect. I mean it's not like Tom Brady played well (he only threw for 198 yards) against the Steelers either. These are NFL teams, if this guy is playing hard every Sunday and helping his team win, then why can't you just give credit where credit is due? Is he an elite QB? Of course not, but this guy is winning games and that's what's important.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football