Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 08:31 AM

417 posts, read 365,904 times

Advertisements

So we have:

Ravens
Pats
Texans
Broncos

Saints
Giants
49ers
Packers

Steelers will always be a threat to the Ravens, I don't see them repeating.

The Patriots are in a decent division, they have to deal with New York.

Texans, didn't see that one coming this year, unsure of their prospects next year, I say they win it again.

Broncos would be an obvious choice to not retaining their spot, however I don't think Chargers or Chiefs will really be all that impressive as some have suggested.

The NFC is the most interesting to look at, I think all four have a shot at a repeat and think all four will retain. NFC North will be the toughest, you have a powerhouse team (Packers) with a weak defense and two developing powerhouses with Cutler and the Bears powerful D. Packers will have to look out for the Lions, if Detroit's players can grow up some they will be a threat for the division title as well. A lot of what will happen depends on the staff changes, pick-ups, drafts, trades the Packers make and what, if anything they do with their defense. That is the obvious weak link on that team.

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 08:36 AM

Oh and forgot to mention, I think the Cowboys will finally have their year, it seems like for the last few years they've almost pulled it together and then they just have those off games. The Eagles are over-rated and while I think the Redskins will surprise everybody, I don't think the Giants will perform the same.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:26 AM

14,327 posts, read 14,627,647 times
I think the Chiefs might be a team that surprise people, just have a hunch. Texans aren't going away, they look good. 49ers still aren't a complete team if their division was stronger would not be in this discussion. I'm not on the Romo bandwagon, nor Sanchez, Vick or Ryan, everyone talks about those teams and where do they go each year??? Haven't looked at teams for FA, older players, could have an impact. Packers have 4 players with 10+ years, young team.

NFC North will be tough, Lions are right there and with Cutler back so are the Bears. A few divisions are a one team deal, not so with the NFC North.

It really is too bad where there is no competition within a division. I think Pats/Ravens will compete again, not so sure about the Steelers.

Old 01-26-2012, 10:28 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,074,074 times
I think (as usual) neither the Packers or Saints will repeat, Packers likely won't win a game, Saints might win one if they play the Packers.

Old 01-26-2012, 10:52 AM

You are joking?

Packers have an excellent QB, coach, GM, etc, a lot of offensive talent, a lot of younger players, a lot to build on.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:39 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,259,438 times
I just hope to God the Ravens and Steelers suck for years to come so my Browns have a chance at doing something haha .

Old 01-26-2012, 03:50 PM

14,327 posts, read 14,627,647 times
AK, you have to consider the source (Vikings fan), other recent posts, on the collapse thread for example!

Old 01-26-2012, 03:50 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,128,309 times
The Saint have to resign Drew Brees,and may lose a couple of their top receivers in free agency.

The Texans need to add another receiver or two.

The Packers definitely need a significant upgrade on defense----there will be changes there on d.

The Lions need a backup qb----Stafford gets dinged up quite a bit.

The pack going 0-16 next year----almost as unlikey as the vikes going 16-0.

Last edited by jefffla01; 01-26-2012 at 04:04 PM..

Old 01-26-2012, 07:08 PM

5,167 posts, read 3,659,287 times
I like the Texans to repeat.

I think the Steelers and Ravens will battle to the end with Cincy making it interesting, but I think Pittsburgh will bounce back and win the division.

I dont know who will win the AFC West (heck, all the teams act like they dont want the title), but I dont think the Broncos will repeat.

Pats will repeat--that division STILL isnt ready to compete for real yet, and that includes the Soap Opera Jets...

In the NFC, I think the 49ers will repeat, they just wont win the division as easily as this year

The Packers will repeat, I dont think the Lions will be quite there yet, and I like the Packers over the Bears...plus, isnt the Bears defense beginning to get a little older?

I like the Saints chances, but I think the NFC South will be such a tough division--I wouldnt be surprised if the Falcons win the division again

In the NFC East, they havent had a repeat champion for quite some time, so I dont think the Giants will repeat. I hate to say it, but I think Dallas could win the division...I think something is still amiss with the Eagles...

Now ask me this question again in a few months and I might give you totally different answers!

Old 01-27-2012, 11:49 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks86 View Post
I just hope to God the Ravens and Steelers suck for years to come so my Browns have a chance at doing something haha .

Well, I see the Ravens falling off before the Steelers. Some how Pittsburgh always finds a way to get it done. Now we have to worry about the Bengals too. Hopefully the Browns can turn it around, though I still say Holmgren goofed when he hired Pat Shurmur.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football