Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 12:56 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,896,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Annie,
Please tell us what is happening.....
*** getting popcorn ready ***
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 03:24 PM

1,809 posts, read 5,423,799 times
I guess that the NFL along with ESPN is somehow trying to make the Saints look like their devils while making the other teams look like dear little angels.

Same goes with the NFL fans, who always like to explode something about the so-called "bounty" crap, when it's just blown way put of puportion. I bet these same fans are the ones who have ALWAYS had a hatred against the Saints, before and after the Super Bowl win.

Just like when they said "the saints still suck" after they had won the Super Bowl,.....they just don't want to admit that the Saints that were known mostly as losers are now known as winners. And you can't even satisfy these people anyway!

The "bounty" thing is just another thing for people to find SOMETHING to hate about the Saints.

And for the people who are alongside and defends Roger Goodell, let me tell you this.

Goodell does not give a s**t about the players (if he did he would have sided with them during the lockout).

He only cares about the special interest groups that hassle him on the concussion issue, the corporate douches, and of course his bullying Fee-Fye-Foe-Fum ego. He is the type of a** that believes the only way to get respected by people is to "Make an example out of somebody" by taking an outrageous action to impress his critics.

This type of action will hurt the league in the long run.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:32 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,319,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandgold51 View Post
I guess that the NFL along with ESPN is somehow trying to make the Saints look like their devils while making the other teams look like dear little angels.

Same goes with the NFL fans, who always like to explode something about the so-called "bounty" crap, when it's just blown way put of puportion. I bet these same fans are the ones who have ALWAYS had a hatred against the Saints, before and after the Super Bowl win.

Just like when they said "the saints still suck" after they had won the Super Bowl,.....they just don't want to admit that the Saints that were known mostly as losers are now known as winners. And you can't even satisfy these people anyway!

The "bounty" thing is just another thing for people to find SOMETHING to hate about the Saints.

And for the people who are alongside and defends Roger Goodell, let me tell you this.

Goodell does not give a s**t about the players (if he did he would have sided with them during the lockout).

He only cares about the special interest groups that hassle him on the concussion issue, the corporate douches, and of course his bullying Fee-Fye-Foe-Fum ego. He is the type of a** that believes the only way to get respected by people is to "Make an example out of somebody" by taking an outrageous action to impress his critics.

This type of action will hurt the league in the long run.
I won't acknowledge the others because you pointed out most of the truth. Goodell is covering his butt with the Saints penalties. If this story was true why wasn't it all over NFL.com when it was released?
Call me some foil hat wearing conspiracy Who Dat fan all you want but we know whats going on. I feel sorry for the rest of the fans.

Old 04-25-2012, 02:40 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,663,842 times
I certainly do not hate the Saints.. they have not beaten my favorite team enough for that. Now if they go on to win a few more Super Bowls and beat my team a few times in the process then we can talk, but for now.. no hate.

To continue to deny that the Saints had a bounty system and that the commissioner and the rest of the NFL is simply out to get the Saints is silly. Guilt is no longer in question. The Coach, GM and Owner all admitted they had a bounty system in place, they were paying players extra money to hurt opposing teams players, PERIOD! Quit trying to play the role of VICTIM!

Old 04-25-2012, 08:59 AM

Quote:
I certainly do not hate the Saints.. they have not beaten my favorite team enough for that. Now if they go on to win a few more Super Bowls and beat my team a few times in the process then we can talk, but for now.. no hate.

To continue to deny that the Saints had a bounty system and that the commissioner and the rest of the NFL is simply out to get the Saints is silly. Guilt is no longer in question. The Coach, GM and Owner all admitted they had a bounty system in place, they were paying players extra money to hurt opposing teams players, PERIOD! Quit trying to play the role of VICTIM!
Name players we hurt. Go ahead.
They are out to get us, open your eyes.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:36 AM

Annie,
It doesn't matter if the Saints hurt any players or NOT. That's not the point.. the POINT is they had a bounty system and they LIED about it.. If they had admitted to it and STOPPED when it was first brought to their attention then the penalties would have been insignificant but they DIDN'T stop as evidenced by the audio tape from the 49ers playoff game and they LIED ABOUT IT to the commish......

If you think the penalties are too harsh them simply say so.. I can at least see your point of view but to play the victim card is nonsense...

Old 04-25-2012, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Annie,
It doesn't matter if the Saints hurt any players or NOT. That's not the point.. the POINT is they had a bounty system and they LIED about it.. If they had admitted to it and STOPPED when it was first brought to their attention then the penalties would have been insignificant but they DIDN'T stop as evidenced by the audio tape from the 49ers playoff game and they LIED ABOUT IT to the commish......

If you think the penalties are too harsh them simply say so.. I can at least see your point of view but to play the victim card is nonsense...
They didn't lie about it, Goodell and the NFL knew it was going on. They should have done it then, not 3 years later, period. There's no proof to begin with and to side with Goodell is nonsense.

ESPN walks a dangerous tightrope with Mickey Loomis wiretapping report | April

Old 04-25-2012, 12:18 PM

Annie,
Sorry but they lied. They covered it up. They got caught...

They are paying an extreme price for their acts.. some say too extreme but denying the allegations after the team has already admitted to them seems even more extreme.

Old 04-25-2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Annie,
Sorry but they lied. They covered it up. They got caught...

They are paying an extreme price for their acts.. some say too extreme but denying the allegations after the team has already admitted to them seems even more extreme.
They were caught 3 years ago

Goodells fault.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
They were caught 3 years ago

Goodells fault.
If the Saints had STOPPED their bounty system when they were caught 3 years ago we wouldn't be having this conversion... It is the Saints fault that they didn't STOP. It's the Saints fault that they covered it UP.. It's the Saints fault that they lied.. You can point fingers and blame all you want but you can't change the facts that the Saints are guilty.. period. Even the Saints admit that they are guilty.. why can't you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football