Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2013, 09:04 PM

45,541 posts, read 27,157,256 times

Advertisements

They kept it quiet for over 7 years...

Dan Marino fathered child with assistant, paid millions to keep it secret

Dan Marino, the former Miami Dolphins Hall of Fame quarterback, fathered a child with a network underling and then paid her millions to keep quiet, the New York Post is reporting Thursday.

When the affair took place, the report said, Marino was married to his wife Claire, which whom he had six children, including four sons and two adopted daughters.

The Post said that Marino insisted that his marriage was still intact, quoting him as writing, "My wife and I have been married for almost 30 years and have six children together. And we continue to be a strong and loving family."

The Post said sources told them that Marino agreed to pay Savattere millions to care for Chloe, that she moved to Texas as part of the deal, and that it’s unclear how much Marino paid her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2013, 10:23 PM

56 posts, read 88,043 times
it was only kept quiet outside of CBS. Everyone on the inside knew about it

Old 02-01-2013, 02:10 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,721,860 times
The question is will they bring this up tomorrow on the pregame show?

Actually, will anyone have the balls to discuss it? Its a big story and deserves to be talked about since Marino is such a big part of the show.

Old 02-01-2013, 05:45 PM

56 posts, read 88,043 times
it won't be talked about. no way.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:55 PM

570 posts, read 1,001,605 times
I can guarantee you that Dan Marino's personal life will NOT be discussed on the air on CBS. The focus will be on the Super Bowl, and the teams involved.

I'm surprised this is coming out now. Why after 7 years of the public not knowing?

Old 02-02-2013, 07:06 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,981,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swbrotha100 View Post
I can guarantee you that Dan Marino's personal life will NOT be discussed on the air on CBS. The focus will be on the Super Bowl, and the teams involved.

I'm surprised this is coming out now. Why after 7 years of the public not knowing?
$$$$

Old 02-02-2013, 07:41 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,498,647 times
Who cares? He wouldn't be the first guy to have kid outside of marriage. He is an ex jock repeating the same old lines trying to describe a football game. Nothing those guys say is enlightening. There is only so many ways to prop up and describe football games. I think whoever scores the most points will win. I think whoever plays the best defense and can move the ball on offense will win. If they can stop the other team's running and passing attack, they will win. If they can be efficient in the red zone and get their running game going, that will open up their passing attack. If they can do that, they will win....blah blah blah. Then they give their predictions about who is going to win the game and why. They are no better at predicting the outcome of games then your grandmother is if you handed her a schedule and asked her to pick the winners every week. We had a couple,of girls get in our office pool a few years back and they knew nothing about football. They just did it for fun. Their picks were just as good as anybody else's. So Marino is just an ex jock entertainer getting paid millions to do something probably anybody on this site who has played or watched football for years can do. Who cares about his personal life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football