Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 08:40 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,992,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Nope. I'm usually recovering from Saturday night when most of the pregame stuff starts.
Same.

If I'm not going to the game or watching it at the bar, I'm sleeping in until 12:40 EST, hitting snooze once, then waking up and watching the game with boogers in my eyes while waiting an hour for the pizza I ordered to get delivered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2013, 08:54 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
NO - Haftime is 13 minutes. I have been timing it for years.

Right, the highlights are 6-7 mins and then 2 mins of commercials, then they go back to the announcers to talk about the 1st half for 2 mins, then 2 more mins of commercials and then the second hald kickoff

Old 08-21-2013, 05:06 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,089,079 times
We have a Sunday AM ritual
We watch FOX Sports with Terry Bradshaw and Howie Mandell er I mean Howie Long
And we eat "our football spread" during that time.....which changes weeke to week, but we call it spread because we eat it in front of the TV Show and the menu varies from grilled items, like grilled veggie burgers and cheese stuffed jalepenos, or sometimes we do wings, fries, basically bar food
IF we get a somewhat cold day (Usually mid december) We make chili
The Fox show is always entertaining. The guys on the show seem to have a more comical and lighthearted attitude than the other show with Marino and Esiason
I miss John Madden, his segment always had me laughing
We generally eat and drink, finishing up just about when time for the games to start and the wife to leave the room.

Old 08-21-2013, 06:51 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
while waiting an hour for the pizza I ordered to get delivered.
An hour? You need to tip better.

Old 08-21-2013, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
An hour? You need to tip better.

I only order pizza for BIG GAMES like the one that will air on Sunday Night at 8pm on Sept 8th

Cowboys vs Giants

Old 08-23-2013, 02:10 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,226,281 times
I wasn't sure where to put this or to create a new thread ... but basically a Deadspin article that sums up a good portion of why ESPN is pretty much unwatchable for anything other than a live event - hopefully without sound

Basically shows how they manufacture a story, elicit a response and then to a story on the response - creating a 2 days news cycle from nothing

http://deadspin.com/how-espn-manufac...ion-1185400028

here is another about the changing dynamic as ESPN ....... it's all just garbage

How ESPN Ditched Journalism And Followed Skip Bayless To The Bottom: A Tim Tebow Story

Old 08-23-2013, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
I wasn't sure where to put this or to create a new thread ... but basically a Deadspin article that sums up a good portion of why ESPN is pretty much unwatchable for anything other than a live event - hopefully without sound

Basically shows how they manufacture a story, elicit a response and then to a story on the response - creating a 2 days news cycle from nothing

How ESPN Pulled A Bull**** Colin Kaepernick Story Out Of Thin Air

here is another about the changing dynamic as ESPN ....... it's all just garbage

How ESPN Ditched Journalism And Followed Skip Bayless To The Bottom: A Tim Tebow Story

I got the sense that Skip only says things to get a reaction out of people which is why I stopped watching First take

Old 08-23-2013, 02:22 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,226,281 times
Really? - You think?

That's the bulk of ESPN programming now and unfortunately it's spreading

Create a fake story, manufacture a loud "debate" on it with polarizing viewpoints

rinse and repeat

Thank you for not watching - I hope more do the same and this garbage starts to die down

I love that part in the deadspin one about CK where in one report Jaws didn't have him in the top 10 so they created a story about that .... then they created a story when Jaws said he could be one of the greatest of all time ....... not once did they cross reference their other fake story when he was outside the top 10 - that's not something you are supposed to remember

I guess actual discourse and reporting is too boring

Old 08-23-2013, 02:24 PM

14,327 posts, read 14,623,274 times
When you watch ESPN, it seems like they are in desperation mode trying to complete with other NFL network.

I used to like Mike & Mike but their show has slipped, too, doesn't seem the same as it did when I first started watching them.

Bayless totally jumped on the Tebow bandwagon for his own sake, no doubt about it. He still talks about how Tebow won a playoff game, blah, blah, blah. He contends he is a QB first and foremost and shouldn't play another position because he is good.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
When you watch ESPN, it seems like they are in desperation mode trying to complete with other NFL network.

I used to like Mike & Mike but their show has slipped, too, doesn't seem the same as it did when I first started watching them.

Bayless totally jumped on the Tebow bandwagon for his own sake, no doubt about it. He still talks about how Tebow won a playoff game, blah, blah, blah. He contends he is a QB first and foremost and shouldn't play another position because he is good.

Right and I refuse to listen to him talk about Tebow again after doing it the entire last half of the 2011 season.

UNLEASH!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football