Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 10:18 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,688,032 times

Advertisements

The NFL turned this into a PR issue.
A player does something on the field and or in uniform and or the is cheating take action.

Player does something in personal life unless that player goes to JAIL ETC and convicted of something not the NFL's business.

Unless the team who has him doesnt want to deal with the PR of it all, then release him and pay him.

If society is SO concern with RAY RICES actions and the woman he was with marries him and doesn't press charges what does the NFL know about ray's personal life.

Also since this seems to be ABOUT WOMEN.

Let me know why 50 shades of grey was so popular with women how they are turned on by a dominating male character who abuses and beats "even for pleasure" the submissive women in this series of books.

I think America is confused and so are the women and the NFL.

NFL should worry about FOOTBALL related issues like they USE TO and not be so concerned over social issues.

Old 09-10-2014, 10:23 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,086,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
The NFL turned this into a PR issue.
A player does something on the field and or in uniform and or the is cheating take action.

Player does something in personal life unless that player goes to JAIL ETC and convicted of something not the NFL's business.

Unless the team who has him doesnt want to deal with the PR of it all, then release him and pay him.

If society is SO concern with RAY RICES actions and the woman he was with marries him and doesn't press charges what does the NFL know about ray's personal life.

Also since this seems to be ABOUT WOMEN.

Let me know why 50 shades of grey was so popular with women how they are turned on by a dominating male character who abuses and beats "even for pleasure" the submissive women in this series of books.

I think America is confused and so are the women and the NFL.

NFL should worry about FOOTBALL related issues like they USE TO and not be so concerned over social issues.
Wow! So many grammatical errors, I don't even know where to start!

The NFL is a corporation. Each player is an employee of the corporation. It is at the sole discretion of the corporation to dole out punishments as they see fit.

Old 09-10-2014, 10:25 AM

22,615 posts, read 47,741,590 times
LibertyandJusticeforAll, when you head up your own league, you can run it as you wish.

Old 09-10-2014, 10:48 AM

3,550 posts, read 6,494,744 times
I think you need another and or in there

Old 09-10-2014, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
Wow! So many grammatical errors, I don't even know where to start!

The NFL is a corporation. Each player is an employee of the corporation. It is at the sole discretion of the corporation to dole out punishments as they see fit.

Let me know when corporations start investigating everything these football players do in their personal life. Everything you can be suspended for how many games, if your on video then your ban. It's worse for people to see it so if your going to hit a women do it without cameras then its only 2 games or 6 games. For the hookers, parties, drugs in the off season, the abuse in their private homes, crimes and other actions considered a PR nightmare for the corporation lets pretend this is fair.

I think the NFL should be consistent on their social choices on what they call BAD and just ban everyone from the GAME for all personal decisions in your personal relationships and life because that is about the only PR decisions that makes sense.

Honestly I think the corporation has to know the product of MEN who hit other men on the field and at like savages is some how a personal product they think they can control off the field is a joke.

Then when they are to busy trying to figure out who is Gay, who is bi sexual, who is into rough sex, who is into paying hookers, who is into dressing drag, who was involved in a drive by, a murder, are car race police chase, and what they do in their private homes most of the NFL players would be banned by now and or PR nightmares that put the NFL in a place they should have never opened the can of worms on.

Old 09-10-2014, 10:54 AM

2,794 posts, read 2,936,225 times
Hmmm... the NFL and the football teams are the employers. When one of your employees commits a criminal act I am pretty sure the employer has a right to terminate an employee for committing a crime.

Various players have committed crimes and have been let go by their teams and have even done time in jail.... down the road if you have done your time it's up to a team to possibly give you a second shot. Just look at Michael Vick.... committed a crime... did the time... came back, and he's playing again.

Ray Rice committed the crime... has been fired... may not serve time in jail, but it'll be a while again before he becomes hirable.

This is honestly no different then what your average joe schmo criminal goes through.

Old 09-10-2014, 11:00 AM

26,701 posts, read 41,779,199 times
Newsflash! There is no "right" to play football. There is a privilege to play football which can be removed by the NFL or franchise that employs you if you commit a crime.

Old 09-10-2014, 11:04 AM

5,182 posts, read 5,259,719 times
Raise you hand if you're growing weary of this Ray Rice issue.

Old 09-10-2014, 11:10 AM

777 posts, read 882,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Newsflash! There is no "right" to play football. There is a privilege to play football which can be removed by the NFL or franchise that employs you if you commit a crime.
There is also a fan's privilege to not be one anymore.

If they've chose to market it like a loaf of bread then it
can be rejected if it is stale.

Old 09-10-2014, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psurangers11 View Post
Hmmm... the NFL and the football teams are the employers. When one of your employees commits a criminal act I am pretty sure the employer has a right to terminate an employee for committing a crime.

Nice try though...

Let ask you did ray rice go to trail and was "convicted" of assualt. Also ORIGINALLY both rice and his girl friend would BOTH ARRESTED on assult charges which were dropped against her LATER. SHE didnt also want to press charges but it was the STATE who decided to continue the assault changes and increased the assault charges. Because originally it was minor assault charges. Which means they couldnt even get the GF to testify against RAY. Example if you and your next door neighbor get into a fight and one person hits the other person, and the other person does not press charges the police leave. In this case due to RAY RICE's background of a NFL player and famous etc the STATE made this into a CASE beyond what it probably wouldn't have been. PS not everythinig people do in their personal lives is consider criminal. You can go to vegas and get hookers its legal does that mean the NFL would be if some player pay some hookers to beat them and it was on video. I wouldnt be surprised if that hasn't already happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football