Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 11:07 AM

1,171 posts, read 2,165,989 times

Advertisements

The article is here for reference:
NFL Sunday Ticket available to more viewers without DirecTV subscription - CBSSports.com

For those in the know or have experience, I have a couple questions.
  1. It's implied that the lowest package doesn't allow TV streaming. Do they accomplish this by simply removing the Chromecast ability within the streaming app, and you have to upgrade to the middle package to stream from my device to the TV?
  2. How many concurrent streams can I have going? I imagine they limit it so people don't split the cost 10 ways with their buddies and everyone is streaming causing technical and financial concerns for DirectTV. I've seen 1, 2, and 5 as possible answers, it's very confusing. Do the streams have to reside on the same local network or can I stream at home and have the wife streaming 5000 miles away for example.
TIA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2015, 08:27 AM

2,286 posts, read 2,012,924 times
Says I'm ineligible based on my address. Not sure how this is any different from before. The only time I was ever eligible was when they gave a year of streaming to people who bought the Madden game a couple years ago. It shouldn't take years and years to create a reasonable product like MLB.tv (even if Fox screws things up every Saturday) or NHL Center Ice.

Old 08-12-2015, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
Says I'm ineligible based on my address. Not sure how this is any different from before. The only time I was ever eligible was when they gave a year of streaming to people who bought the Madden game a couple years ago. It shouldn't take years and years to create a reasonable product like MLB.tv (even if Fox screws things up every Saturday) or NHL Center Ice.
On a side note, MLB.TV is fantastic, they got that right for sure.

Old 08-14-2015, 04:16 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,472,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
Agreed. I'm a cord cutter but would pony up the $$ for the ability to watch the games for sure. Too bad they're losing out on a lot of additional revenue.

Old 08-14-2015, 07:01 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,101,222 times
I will be moving in a few weeks and may get DirecTV. If I commit to a two year contract, I can get NFL Sunday Ticket free, for the first year. Does anybody know how much we will get hammered with in the second year?

Old 08-15-2015, 12:14 AM

9,788 posts, read 7,511,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintCabbage View Post
On a side note, MLB.TV is fantastic, they got that right for sure.
This is my first year with MLB.TV and I love it! I also ordered NBA League Pass and the NHL Gamecenter Live one and MLB.TV is by far my favorite of the 3.

Old 08-18-2015, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
This is my first year with MLB.TV and I love it! I also ordered NBA League Pass and the NHL Gamecenter Live one and MLB.TV is by far my favorite of the 3.
My issue with the other sports services is that you don't get the games in HD, which is ridiculous. There is another hockey service out there we shouldn't mention that is much better and you get every hockey game in every league, all in HD, live an archived.

Anyhow, back to the topic on hand, I guess the new non-customer streaming service of NFL Sunday ticket is too new to know the technical specifics.

Old 08-18-2015, 12:59 PM

45,706 posts, read 27,317,064 times
I don't have any of the packages... just curious - why is MLB TV better? It's hard to believe that baseball is getting something right that the others are not.

Old 08-18-2015, 01:47 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,124,855 times
I'd be happy to PM my DirecTV account # to any new DTV customers, and we'd each get $10 off our bill for a year

Old 08-18-2015, 01:52 PM

199 posts, read 258,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I don't have any of the packages... just curious - why is MLB TV better? It's hard to believe that baseball is getting something right that the others are not.
I've used it in years passed and I like the format of it. The quality of the stream is usually pretty good and you get to watch the home broadcast of your favorite team. The best way to go about it is to find a friend and split the cost and just share the login info. I don't know if you can still do this but it certainly is cheaper over the course of the season.

I don't have DirecTV but regarding sunday ticket I used to work with a guy that would get it every season for no additional cost by threatening to leave DirecTV every year. He would usually call them sometime during the summer, tell them he wasn't happy with his service and he was leaving them to go to Dish. Of course they would ask what they could do to keep him happy and he would mention that he was an NFL fan which in turn the rep for DirecTV would offer to throw in sunday ticket at no additional cost. It's not the most legal way to go about it but I would always laugh when he would tell the stories of being on the phone with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football