Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2015, 10:18 AM

9,742 posts, read 11,163,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates419 View Post
Players and coaches making millions to play a game calling out fans for making hundreds on tickets to those games is really kind of funny. You play and get paid, that's it. If I own tickets it's no business of anyone but me what I want to do with them. And everyone of them would jump ship for a salary bump, loyalty should go both ways.
Exactly^^. If people/fans want to be purist, don't you dare expect to see the team that you cheer on when you travel to other cities. You are not welcome because an overpaid coach says so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2015, 03:48 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
You are not welcome because an overpaid coach says so.
Arians has been named NFL Coach of the Year twice and the Cardinals are in the playoffs. He's worth every penny.

As far as "not welcome".......BA wants to see a stadium full of fans wearing red and yelling their heads off for the Cardinals. Is he supposed to look up...see fans wearing cheeseheads gear and think, "Wow. It's great to see them here today. I think I'll go tell them how awesome it is to have them in the Toaster* cheering for the other side." (?) Can you name an NFL coach who is happy to see fans of the opposition at home games?

*University of Phoenix Stadium.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 12-19-2015 at 04:09 PM..

Old 12-19-2015, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates419 View Post
Players and coaches making millions to play a game calling out fans for making hundreds on tickets to those games is really kind of funny. You play and get paid, that's it. If I own tickets it's no business of anyone but me what I want to do with them. And everyone of them would jump ship for a salary bump, loyalty should go both ways.
Larry Fitzgerald, who also stated he wanted Cardinals fans in the Cardinals' stadium, had the chance to jump ship several times when his contract was up. He renegotiated his contract at least twice to lower his salary cap number. He is tremendously loyal to the Bidwill family (owners), Bruce Arians, the Cardinals organization and the fans. He was drafted a Cardinal and will retire a Cardinal. That's loyalty.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 12-19-2015 at 04:09 PM..

Old 12-19-2015, 07:43 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,987,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post

Personally, I side with the latter argument. You are a bad fan if you sell your tickets to opposing fans. If you can't attend a game, sell your tickets on NFL ticket exchange or better yet, donate your tickets to a local charity in which low income families would be happy to take their children to a Cardinals game.
How do I know what team an anonymous buyer supports? Maybe I am selling my tickets for extra money for Christmas presents or to help cover the cost a recent expensive car repair. Who are you to declare anyone a bad fan when you do not know their motivation for selling a ticket? Even if you did, who cares? It's his or her ticket to with as they see fit.

Old 12-20-2015, 05:50 AM

9,742 posts, read 11,163,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Arians has been named NFL Coach of the Year twice and the Cardinals are in the playoffs. He's worth every penny.
If football in the USA wasn't subsidized by the taxpayers (in the form of building subsided stadiums allowing for much more revenue to pay players and coaches more and more), then the market would dictate his real worth. Instead of $5M a year, maybe $1M or $3M? It's a key reason why players and coaches (adjusted for inflation) make a lot more than they did a few decades ago is because of the taxpayers kicking in for a stadium they play 10 games a year in. I have no problem with him making a ton of money. So in my mind, players and coaches are exclusively overpaid because of this. Baring this detail, the market forces are at work and it isn't any of my business. There is no doubt on the field, he is extremely good at what he does and was paid a lot because of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
As far as "not welcome".......BA wants to see a stadium full of fans wearing red and yelling their heads off for the Cardinals. Is he supposed to look up...see fans wearing cheeseheads gear and think, "Wow. It's great to see them here today.
He should look up, see a bunch of cheeseheads and think, "Wow, they have a lot of traveling fans." Shut up, enjoy his $5M a year salary and coach the fricken game. In other word, he should keep his cake-hole shut (and absolutely think what he wants). Just not to the press and sound like a baby. Because at the end of the day, next year and the year after that, you will see different colored jerseys in the stands especially from northern states. That's because common sense should tell him AZ is warm and cold climates will look for a get-away. One excuse to travel to AZ is to watch a pro sporting event. It could be the Wild to a Coyotes game (some MN friends are coming to AZ and staying with us in our winter home). Nothing more, nothing less.

I predict he will guilt precisely zero people from selling their tickets for a large premium.

Old 12-20-2015, 11:47 AM

Quote:
In other word, he should keep his cake-hole shut (and absolutely think what he wants). .
BA keeping his mouth shut.......

Well, good luck on that one.

Old 12-21-2015, 09:01 AM

233 posts, read 258,093 times
Quote:
If someone can subsidize their season tickets by selling a few of them to pay for the entire year, I say go for it! That seems like a brilliant move to me.

PHX area is different because of the influx of people from other regions. After the advent of air conditioning, the PHX area exploded in population. Many northern state fans that live in the PHX area enjoy watching a game in the town that they currently live. It's fun for them to go to a game that they were formally from. I contemplated driving to Westgate to see if I could buy some tickets or at least hang out and watch the game on a local bar TV.

BUT, if you really want to fix the problem, have a stadium dress code where you turn back people for entering with the opposing teams jersey.

Too many fans live in a fantasy land. The reality is some (drunk) red-neck Cardinal fans are going to feel they they were called to act. As in a jihad like calling. I expect a very small subsection to apply verbal pressure (or??) to the opposing fan base. Let's see if I am a fortune teller.
That last paragraph...talk about living in fantasy land. Not surprised in the least.

Old 12-27-2015, 06:23 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
How sweet it is! I had misgivings about not selling my tickets, but it was worth every nickel of lost revenue seeing the shell-shocked faces of the Packer fans around me!

Old 12-27-2015, 07:05 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,611,960 times
The Cardinals have only been in Arizona since 1988, so it's understandable that the fan base is still growing, especially after so many less-than-spectacular seasons.

Arizona has great numbers of snowbirds, tourists and recent transplants from other states, and it's reasonable to expect fan loyalties to remain with their original home states.

However, the Cards played excellent football today, so the number of Packer fans in the stands wasn't a major factor!

Old 12-27-2015, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
How sweet it is! I had misgivings about not selling my tickets, but it was worth every nickel of lost revenue seeing the shell-shocked faces of the Packer fans around me!
There were shots of shell-socked Packers fans on TV. It was obvious they thought they were going to fill the Toaster with chants of Go Pack Go.

The only thing that went Go was the money in their wallets. There are going to be some VERY quiet planes flying back to Wisconsin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football