Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 05:45 PM

3,680 posts, read 2,962,528 times

Advertisements

The Broncos put up one of the largest margins of victory and, simultaneously, the least persuasive win.

We...Got....Lucky....Again.

Predicting a Patriot victory next week.

EDIT: They outplayed us for 3 1/2 quarters. The fumble is the only reason we won. This is a worrisome win. The Patriots looked much more impressive yesterday.

Last edited by ColoGuy; 01-17-2016 at 05:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2016, 06:06 PM

2,286 posts, read 2,006,031 times
Denver also has a fantastic defense and may or may not be able to limit the Patriots offense. Perhaps Denver's running game will be better too. The NFC game will probably be better though.

Old 01-17-2016, 06:08 PM

4,665 posts, read 3,859,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
The Broncos put up one of the largest margins of victory and, simultaneously, the least persuasive win.
You shouldn't start threads before the game is over. The final lead was cut to 7 (not 10 when you started the thread.)
Each team won by a TD.

Old 01-17-2016, 06:09 PM

Our defense isn't too special against Big Ben. That fumble on the go ahead drive is the only reason that we won. I don't see a win against the Pats. They looked so much better yesterday.

Our offense sucks. It really does. Without the fumble and special teams breaks, we lose by 14.

Old 01-17-2016, 06:11 PM

Which helped prove the point I was making. I corrected the error before the game was over. You went ahead and printed anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
You shouldn't start threads before the game is over. The final lead was cut to 7 (not 10 when you started the thread.)
Each team won by a TD.

Old 01-17-2016, 06:18 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,024,746 times
Why so down guy WE WON. it's only a game and is supposed to be fun get it fun.I enjoyed it and had fun. GO BRONCOS!

Old 01-17-2016, 10:19 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,225,548 times
Every game played this weekend could have gone either way with/without another turnover. I thought it made for one of the best NFL playoff weekends ever. There are precisely 28 other teams that would love to be in Denver's shoes. We're hosting the Conference Championship game! Enjoy the moment!

Old 01-18-2016, 06:36 AM

You are right. I should.

What ruins my experience is that horrified look on Peytons face - like an Englishman trying to barter in a Chinese marketplace. The instant I saw that face, I thought "Oh no, here we go again." To his credit, no interceptions and he did put together a good drive deep in the fourth quarter. Still....the numbers are quite anemic. We...got...lucky. Very lucky. Now we are the underdog playing in Denver. This is quite rare.

It is the NFL so absolutely anything can happen. I'm giving Denver a 40% chance of winning next week. I'd give them a 70% chance if they played hard and smart for four quarters. They did that about once this year. The fact that they still won most games does show that they have the talent to go all the way. What is missing is the intensity. Is catching the damned ball asking too much?

New England looked like they played in a league three tiers above the Broncos yesterday. It will be interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
Every game played this weekend could have gone either way with/without another turnover. I thought it made for one of the best NFL playoff weekends ever. There are precisely 28 other teams that would love to be in Denver's shoes. We're hosting the Conference Championship game! Enjoy the moment!

Old 01-18-2016, 06:42 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times
With the score still 23-13 and the game winding down I told my wife, "This is going to be the most misleading 10 point score ever." Then of course the Steelers kicked a late FG to cut the score to a 7 point game.

One thing Tomlin did that I wish you'd see more often is after a big gain and with time fading fast, he spiked the ball and they kicked the FG. It is baffling to me that you don't see coaches do that more often. Instead they keep attempting to get the TD first all while wasting valuable seconds off the clock. When you have to score twice and recover an onside kick in between, the first thing you have to do is score once. I've seen teams let the clock expire in 10 point losses by repeatedly playing for the TD while in FG range and it is just baffling to me. You know you need to score twice. Score the FG now and give yourself a few seconds for a hail mary if nothing else, should you recover the onside.

Credit to Tomlin for being a smart coach and doing what coaches should do. They didn't recover the onside, and even if they did it wouldn't have stood because one of their players touched it within 10 yards of the kick. But his thinking was sound and it is good to see coaches who do that.

Old 01-18-2016, 07:49 AM

203 posts, read 199,129 times
Before the entire civilized world begins frothing at the mouth about how New England is going to destroy Denver.....

The Pats are still very good but the juggernaut is starting to show signs of weaknesses. The NE offensive line used a staggering 36 different combinations this past season (source: ESPN, which is clearly a pro-New England/Boston source). Brady got hit and knocked around a LOT more this year. He only threw five times during the first half of their 20-10 loss against Miami, which was very smart from a protection standpoint.

Denver's defense is stellar, a candidate for the NFL's best; the offense has the potential to be stellar, but after watching last night's nail-biter against PIT, the players clearly need to get more focused. Dropping a pass with no defending player anywhere in the perimeter is inexcusable. The offensive line is porous and OC Rick Dennison has some serious work to do this week.

I predict another 30-24 OT win for the Broncos over the Pats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football