Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 12:49 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,314 times

Advertisements

Thursday Night Football
Patriots @ Buccaneers

Sunday Games
Panthers @ Lions
Bills @ Bengals
Jets @ Browns
49ers @ Colts
Titans @ Dolphins
Chargers @ Giants
Cardinals @ Eagles
Jaguars @ Steelers
Seahawks @ Rams
Ravens @ Raiders
Packers @ Cowboys
Chiefs @ Texans

Monday Night Football
Vikings @ Bears
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2017, 05:44 AM

1,961 posts, read 2,708,949 times
Patriots @ Buccaneers
Panthers @ Lions
Bills @ Bengals
Jets @ Browns
49ers @ Colts
Titans @ Dolphins
Chargers @ Giants
Cardinals @ Eagles
Jaguars @ Steelers
Seahawks @ Rams
Ravens @ Raiders
Packers @ Cowboys
Chiefs @ Texans
Vikings @ Bears

Old 10-03-2017, 06:43 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,617,020 times
Tempting to go with the Bucs at home on a short week. I'll have to let that one simmer a little.

Old 10-03-2017, 06:51 AM

4,454 posts, read 3,393,373 times
Patriots
Lions
Bills
Jets
49ers
Titans
Chargers
Jaguars
Eagles
Rams
Raiders
Cowboys
Chiefs
Bears

Old 10-03-2017, 08:34 AM

8,700 posts, read 14,698,612 times
11-5 last week
41-22 on the season

Patriots @ Buccaneers
Panthers @ Lions
Bills @ Bengals
Jets @ Browns
49ers @ Colts
Titans @ Dolphins
Chargers @ Giants
Cardinals @ Eagles
Jaguars @ Steelers
Seahawks @ Rams
Ravens @ Raiders
Packers @ Cowboys
Chiefs @ Texans
Vikings @ Bears

Old 10-03-2017, 08:53 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,447,937 times
Week 1 : 10-5
Week 2 : 11-5
Week 3 : 7-9
Week 4 : 8-8

Patriots @ Buccaneers - If it happens, it'll be glorious.
Panthers @ Lions
Bills @ Bengals - Will be a defensive struggle. Bills need to score on defense and limit mistakes on offense to win. Bengals need to limit penalties and perform on offense to win.
Jets @ Browns
49ers @ Colts
Titans @ Dolphins
Chargers @ Giants - Rivers and Manning both drafted in '04, both teams 0-4, this is the 0-4 Bowl.
Cardinals @ Eagles
Jaguars @ Steelers
Seahawks @ Rams
Ravens @ Raiders
Packers @ Cowboys
Chiefs @ Texans
Vikings @ Bears

Old 10-03-2017, 10:16 AM

14,324 posts, read 14,620,586 times
Patriots @ Buccaneers
Panthers @ Lions
Bills @ Bengals
Jets
@ Browns
49ers @ Colts
Titans
@ Dolphins
Chargers @ Giants
Cardinals @ Eagles
Jaguars @ Steelers
Seahawks @ Rams
Ravens
@ Raiders
Packers @ Cowboys - watching Cowboys, don't look scary, Packers can win (I think)!
Chiefs @ Texans
Vikings @ Bears

Bye: Broncos, Falcons, Redskins, Saints

Week 4: 11-5
Season: 40-23

Old 10-03-2017, 10:31 AM

1,580 posts, read 1,462,189 times
Overall Record: 41-22

Thankfully there are no London games this week, but still plenty of clunky toilet bowl games. Thursday, Sunday, and Monday Night Football games are solid though.

Patriots @ Buccaneers-I will take an angry Bill Belichick on a short week every time. While the Pats defense is pathetic and the GOAT might have to throw 7 TDs to win this, I think Tom Brady will smoke a Winston!

Panthers @ Lions-I'm not sure if Superman is back or if he was just the beneficiary of a deplorable New England defense. Either way the $135 million-dollar-man Matt Stafford will find a way to come back and win this in the 4th quarter at home for seemingly the 135th time in his illustrious career.

Bills @ Bengals-Bengals showed up for the Battle of Ohio, but the Bills are a much better opponent with an excellent defense. Andy Dalton is in for a rough game as the Bills eke out a close one.

Jets @ Browns-This is Toilet Bowl #1. Can the Jets make it 3 in a row even with an apparent lack of talent? I take back my comments about the Jets being the biggest dumpster fire. Yes, they're lousy, but they're not tanking and don't belong in the same category as real dumpster fires like my Niners and these Browns. My hats off to Todd Bowles. I really thought Cleveland was going to be much improved this season, but they're still allergic to winning.

49ers @ Colts-This is Toilet Bowl #2. At the beginning of the season I predicted my Niners to go 4-12. Now I'm starting to wonder if they'll get a win this season. This would be a great opportunity to do so. Three weeks in a row they played NFC West opponents tough and lost by a total of 8 points, but bad football teams like the 49ers, Browns, and Chargers, while sometimes competitive, seem to find a way to lose. Colts are terrible, but they're at home and can at least break planes. My Niners have only scored TDs in 1 game this season.

Titans @ Dolphins-Adam Gase needs to forgo his friendship with Jay Cutler for the betterment of the football team and make a change at QB immediately. Titans average 25 points a game while the Fins have only scored 25 points all season (albeit played 1 less game). This pick is assuming that Mariota will be back.

Chargers @ Giants-This is Toilet Bowl #3. The good news is one of these 0-4 teams should collect their first win. Of course it will probably end in a tie if the football Gods have a sense of humor. I'll take the Giants at home because the homeless Carson Chargers formerly of San Diego will invent yet another way to lose a football game.

Cardinals @ Eagles-Eagles just keep flying as the Cardiac Cards will not be able to take their bird counterparts into overtime. Eagles are not the cupcakes the Colts and 49ers are. Hopefully they keep rolling to the NFC East crown.

Jaguars @ Steelers-Jags are such a jekyll and hyde team. I don't know what they're going to do from week to week. However, the Steelers and the Killer B's consistently win at Heinz Field.

Seahawks @ Rams-This is kind of a throwaway pick since the Seahawks are absolutely awful on the road. I just think the defense is going to show up and give Goff a rough day. Seahawks still reign supreme in the NFC West. Yes, Rams and Goff are capable of knocking them off, but I don't see it happening yet.

Ravens @ Raiders-Much of the Raiders success depends on the status of Derek Carr. However, I'm confident that the Raiders can take the Ravens at home even without Carr, especially if Joe Flacco keeps playing badly.

Packers @ Cowboys-Nothing has given me greater pleasure this season than watching the Cowboys implode this season. They singelhandedly destroyed my picking record last season. Yes, they're still a good football team, but they're certainly not a lock for the playoffs and haven't beaten a decent football team yet. I'm hoping Aaron Rodgers and the Pack can send 100,000 fans home angry again.

Chiefs @ Texans-This is my upset special. I love this DeShaun Watson kid and believe the Texans have found their guy who can lead them further than they have ever been. The ultimate test is beating the last remaining undefeated team and I believe Watson, Watt, and company are up to the task. This is the Houston team I expected to see this season. They came out weak, but they're looking tough. The Chiefs will be fine even if they lose this.

Vikings @ Bears-The Mitchell Trubisky era begins in Chicago. Wow, they're really throwing him into the fire against Purple Reign. I think Trubisky will end up being a good QB. Heck, he was picked higher than Watson and these QBs today are making a much smoother transition from college to the pros. This first game will be shaky though and the Vikings D will do enough to secure a victory even if their offense struggles.

Old 10-03-2017, 11:14 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,087,283 times

ONWARD to WEEK 5

The Cat has had a go of it so far, picking 37-26 which is still as good as some of the people on TV, who seem to think they control this game
Which after last week, I caught myself asking "WHY?" Why does it matter if MY FINZ Win or lose ? I don't own the team, I don't bet (obviously) and I have no vested interest in the outcome. Why would or should I care ?

Well, I do enjoy the game. even if it is rigged, which sometimes I wonder. Even if the Media seem to think that they, the sportscasters, know more than those playing it. And win or lose, I still like to watch it.

SO on to this week's picks, as always, if you are politically correct, easily offended, or thin skinned, PLEASE do not read any further. This is purely for entertainment purposes; no wagering please !

On Thursday, the Evil Patriots will fly in on their new customized 767 painted in team colors. They will arrive here, not realizing that only the mind of Bilechick would bring an Airplane to a SHIP BATTLE ! The Buccaneers will sail in, guns will fire (CANNONS that shoot beads and Tshirts out to the fans from a giant Pirate Ship in the Endzone) Bilecheck will get mad, call the comminsioner's office to complain and get a recording: "We are sorry, but the commissioner is in South Africa setting up future NFL games. Please leave a message"
Patriots @ BUCCANEERS All the fans dressed as Pirates will be happy, while those wearing red white and blue will say "Oh Well"

_________________CATFIGHT!______________________________
Panthers @ LIONS Get your teeth and claws ready because the fur is going to fly today ! When some smaller but curious Panthers (Puma concolor), native to the US, invade the transplanted home of the larger, more powerful African Lion (Panthera leo) things are going to get ugly. Look for the larger, more powerful lions, to easily defend their home turf and send a message to other cats and Hyenas everywhere to beware of the Lion, who is NOT sleeping tonite

Buffalos @ Bengals A lot of talk has been passed around about how Bill's Buffalos are NOT that good BUT yet they have the top rated defense, and they are in first place in the quirky AFC East. As for the Striped cats, while I have no doubt that a Tiger could easily bring down a water-buffalo, I have to say that last week's cakewalk against the Brownies may be one in which the fans in Cincy should relish, because they may not get one this week.

JETS @ Browns I was going to pick the Brownies again, but the Brown font on the computer broke. Just kidding. I have to say that in the quirky AFC East, the Jets are tied with the Evil Patriots for second place, something I never dreamed of.

49ers @ COLTS When the game ends, someone will have won Probably the home team. They can only beat teams that are worse than themselves anyway. And the 49ers are not even over themselves yet. Crummy game of the week. Sorry.

TITANS @ MY Finz My neighbor was sayin "I am looking forward to this game because we usually do well against the Titans" I am looking forward to it because I plan to cook out on the grill, make football spread, eat, drink, then sleep through it. Honestly, Gase needs to rethink his priorities. I have said it before and I will say it again, OFFENSIVE LINE FIRST AND FOREMOST! But no one running the Miami Circus is listening and even if I won the $ 975 Million lottery, my wife says no way When I suggested buying the team.....

Chargers @ GIANTS OK New York Fans....lets sing along shall we ?
The Something Chargers are in the town....ELI ELI OH! (And 4 !)
WHICH means our giants will finally win ELI ELI OH (and 4 ! )
With a ttouchdown here and a field goal there...
10-9 is still a win !
SO Come and see our only win ELI...ELI ...OH ! (and 4 !)

-------------------WHEN BIRDS ATTACK ---------------------------
Cardinals @ EAGLES Looks like I picked the Quirky NFC East wrong too. The Eagles are in first, followed by the Redskins, then the Cowboys and finally the above parodied Giants Or at least so after this week. The Eagles are flying High, and I cannot say that I am disappointed, more so that my youngest has less interest in football and we are stuck with a pile of PESKY RED BIRD merchandise

Jaguars @ STEELERS I cannot parody these teams. First, any team that is cool enough to put in a swimming pool in the end zone is ok by me. Second, the Steelers have always been my second favorite team. So this would be a fun game to watch, except that I think the Steelers are getting on track, and the Cats have some hurt paws.

Seahawks @ RAMS Inconsistant matchup of the week. Who will show up? The Seahawks that play as though Pete Carroll was the coach, or the Rams that played for one half last week and beat the Clownboys? I wish the Rams would fix their uniforms

Ravens @ RAIDERS While I would not want to pick against Big Joe Flacco to lose 3 straight, I would be less inclined to do so should the team in question be the home team Raiders. While the Black Hole will be just an empty shell of noxious fumes a year from now, one must still wander if the poetic justice of the sports business would lend itself to a championship for the Raiders ?

PACKERS
@ Cowboys Call this one "Old and washed up" vs "Young and going no where fast" OR Don't call it that. I am of the belief that the Packers experience vs the Cowboys silly mistakes and bad coaching (There I said it) Will lead to the Packers walking out with a close win.

Chiefs @ TEXANS Sooner or later, the Chiefs will have to lose a game. Why not go ahead and do it Sunday night and get it over with? Then the Texans can bite the skids and finish 9-7 like they should, and the Chiefs can still go 13-3 and win the division

VIKINGS @ Bears Finally, in our final prediciton of the night, the Banged up Bears host the Banged up Vikings. What is interesting, and has absolutely nothing to do with this game, is that my brother and I sat down and listed our 5 least favorite/most hated franchises in all of sports. and though we live thousands of miles apart, our lists were the same ....
First on the list was the Dallas Cowboys. Growing up in Texas, living in the Dallas area around their fans and having to listen to talk about them 24/7 was enough to make anyone despise them. Second on the list was Texas A&M .... Aggies are really nice people...as long as you see everything their way and agree with everything they say and do...otherwise, they want nothing to do with you. which is why I associate with no one from there. In football, they play teams like Wellsley and the Missouri school for the Blind, just so that they can amass a winning record, then bite the outhouse when they have to play someone good. Third is the Patriots. Cheating their way into Super Bowls and constantly beating Our Finz puts them on the list. 4th was Notre Dame. Any team that goes 3-8 still gets on TV every week and gets a bowl game on new years with a losing record (as well as a top 20 ranking) should be on the list. Finally, at 5 there is the City of Chicago. A city known for Murder, violence,
traffic snarls, polllution, crime and worst of all, the Bears, Cubs, Blackhawks and Bulls.

So in Other words, GO VIKINGS !!!

Old 10-03-2017, 07:02 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Thursday Night Football
Patriots @ Buccaneers

Sunday Games
Panthers @ Lions
Bills @ Bengals
Jets @ Browns
49ers @ Colts
Titans @ Dolphins
Chargers @ Giants
Cardinals @ Eagles
Jaguars @ Steelers
Seahawks @ Rams
Ravens @ Raiders
Packers @ Cowboys
Chiefs @ Texans

Monday Night Football
Vikings @ Bears
Buccaneers
Panthers
Bills
Browns
49ers
Titans
Chargers
Eagles
Steelers
Rams
Ravens
Packers
Chiefs
Vikings
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football