Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2017, 09:12 AM

3,737 posts, read 2,566,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
it's really not worth fighting..
18, I agree, Richardson probably won't fight his demise. He'll basically take the money & bounce.

But it's a shame to me... not because I'm going to defend Richardson.. but because it's lame (to me), how contemporary society (primarily cultural-Marxist media and social media) can bully people into surrendering their long-cultivated incomes so easily.

I hated it when Donald Sterling was quickly crucified, and pressured in to giving up the Clippers (over a private argument w/his Black girlfriend).
I don't care if guys who own teams are angels, or politically correct,.. they're businessmen, not school teachers, or priests.. This contemporary, $ocial-justice standard, is really a cultural power play (not objective, moral outrage).. to divest power away from 'good ol' boys' that $ocial-justice acolytes, & some media members, despise. My perception..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2017, 10:28 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,475,339 times
P. Diddy wants to buy the Panthers. Or I should say, the "NORTH" Carolina Panthers, lol!

I don't know what anybody else feels, but does Combs know anything about football ownership? At least Jon Bon Jovi (who's been trying to get into NFL ownership) has been paling around with Robert Kraft (probably a good owner to learn from ) to learn the ropes, although I don't think either entertainer has the funds to purchase an NFL team.

Old 12-18-2017, 11:07 AM

17,599 posts, read 15,279,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
P. Diddy wants to buy the Panthers. Or I should say, the "NORTH" Carolina Panthers, lol!

I don't know what anybody else feels, but does Combs know anything about football ownership? At least Jon Bon Jovi (who's been trying to get into NFL ownership) has been paling around with Robert Kraft (probably a good owner to learn from ) to learn the ropes, although I don't think either entertainer has the funds to purchase an NFL team.
JBJ was an Arena league owner. Philadelphia Soul if I remember right.

So, he at least has some experience. Honestly, the most experience you need is to look at a handful of teams and say "Don't do that".. Cleveland.. Washington (up until the last few years)

Old 12-18-2017, 12:26 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Puff Diddy Daddy allegedly wants to buy the Panthers and immediately sign Kaepernick to compete against Cam Newton for the starting job. All I can say is YEAH!, drop Newton and send him to the Jets for a few later round picks,

Old 12-18-2017, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
P. Diddy wants to buy the Panthers..
Not a surprise.. I mentioned earlier in the thread, my sense that all this is about is displacing the 'good ol boy' network, (and then ideally transferring their power to ethnic-minority ownership). Right after my post, I saw Stephen A on Worst Take trumpeting the biased idea it should be sold to Black ownership..

I believe diverse ownership groups are good for pro sports.. It breaks up a potential monolith of ownership values/habits etc.
But I think this is a grimy form of business.. Publicly crucifying 'good ol boys' for petty sins, then badgering them out of business (thru partisan sports & social media). Same thing was done to Donald Sterling. It will establish selective targets on the backs of older, conservative owners. And it will create a wide & invasive net, where the litmus test of whether an owner gets to make a living is based on his personal attitudes & words spoken (one of the primary indictments against Richardson is that he used racial slurs.. Theoretically it's still a free country, where ppl can talk how they want..) Instead of judging potential owners on business portfolios.

The (k)Neeling Felons League is headed down the rabbit hole.. They're paying out tens of millions of dollars to appease the $ocial-justice activists (the charities were racially-self interested causes, ie 25% going to UNCF), now Richardson will be offered up as sacrifice to put the Panthers on the market for P-Diddy, Steph Curry, etc. The NFL believes they are doing something progressive here, but it's regressive. It'll become a league purged of anyone not on board w/a Black-first/only $ocial justice agenda. Trust..

Old 12-18-2017, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
JBJ was an Arena league owner. Philadelphia Soul if I remember right.

So, he at least has some experience. Honestly, the most experience you need is to look at a handful of teams and say "Don't do that".. Cleveland.. Washington (up until the last few years)
LOL! Honestly, you do wonder, sometimes, if what it takes to be a good owner is simply a willing checkbook and to stay out of business altogether? If Snyder was like that, the 'skins probably would've had more trophies by now.

Old 12-18-2017, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
Not a surprise.. I mentioned earlier in the thread, my sense that all this is about is displacing the 'good ol boy' network, (and then ideally transferring their power to ethnic-minority ownership). Right after my post, I saw Stephen A on Worst Take trumpeting the biased idea it should be sold to Black ownership..

I believe diverse ownership groups are good for pro sports.. It breaks up a potential monolith of ownership values/habits etc.
But I think this is a grimy form of business.. Publicly crucifying 'good ol boys' for petty sins, then badgering them out of business (thru partisan sports & social media). Same thing was done to Donald Sterling. It will establish selective targets on the backs of older, conservative owners. And it will create a wide & invasive net, where the litmus test of whether an owner gets to make a living is based on his personal attitudes & words spoken (one of the primary indictments against Richardson is that he used racial slurs.. Theoretically it's still a free country, where ppl can talk how they want..) Instead of judging potential owners on business portfolios.

The (k)Neeling Felons League is headed down the rabbit hole.. They're paying out tens of millions of dollars to appease the $ocial-justice activists (the charities were racially-self interested causes, ie 25% going to UNCF), now Richardson will be offered up as sacrifice to put the Panthers on the market for P-Diddy, Steph Curry, etc. The NFL believes they are doing something progressive here, but it's regressive. It'll become a league purged of anyone not on board w/a Black-first/only $ocial justice agenda. Trust..
If anybody should be badgered out of business, it should be Dan Snyder for ruining what was once a proud, winning football franchise. But I agree, going in and purchasing solely for the color of skin is just plainly wrong. What would happen if I, being a white person, bought an NFL team (yeah won't happen), and decided that all staff, all player personnel, was going to be white? All that would be left for me would be to shave my head and wear swastikas on my sleeves. Obviously, I wouldn't do that if I were blessed enough to own an NFL team. I don't care the color of the skin or nationality of the tongue, I want my team to win Super Bowls, and want the best people in charge, the best coaching staff, and the best players on the field. Wherever they come from and whatever they look like. So, I would hope if Diddy is serious about putting his bid to buy the Panthers, that he's doing it for the right reasons. Don't just do it to make a name for yourself -whatever name you're going by nowadays. Do it because you love the sport, you love the town that the team plays in, and you want them to win Super Bowls. If none of that applies, then NEXT!

Old 12-19-2017, 08:50 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,862,682 times
Quote:
18, I agree, Richardson probably won't fight his demise. He'll basically take the money & bounce.

But it's a shame to me... not because I'm going to defend Richardson.. but because it's lame (to me), how contemporary society (primarily cultural-Marxist media and social media) can bully people into surrendering their long-cultivated incomes so easily.

I hated it when Donald Sterling was quickly crucified, and pressured in to giving up the Clippers (over a private argument w/his Black girlfriend).
I don't care if guys who own teams are angels, or politically correct,.. they're businessmen, not school teachers, or priests.. This contemporary, $ocial-justice standard, is really a cultural power play (not objective, moral outrage).. to divest power away from 'good ol' boys' that $ocial-justice acolytes, & some media members, despise. My perception..
Yeah bulled into a profit they could never imagine in a million years. Richard stands to make hundreds of millions, if not a billion, dollars with this sale. Make no mistake he's bailing because he is guilty of something. Otherwise he'd fight, but that profit in the face of a declining nfl and his own boorish behavior is an easy choice. Same goes with that awful Sterling who was a terrible owner. The 'Marxist' are making quite a lot of billionaires, dirty buggers! heh

On Diddy, good for him I guess. Doubtful he has the money. Would he hired only black folks? Of course not. But if he did wouldn't he be following the example of the 'white' house?

Old 12-19-2017, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
Make no mistake he's bailing because he is guilty of something...
This is par for the course.. you talk about Sterling's ownership prowess (which I agree with, but is irrelevant to my point).. My point is certain owners are now being selectively targeted for removal by cultural-Marxist sports & social media..

If you're game, put yourself in a Sterling-like situation.. You have a private, non-violent argument w/your girlfriend. Do u believe that is a fair reason for you to lose your job/income (?)

My point is ultimately about the matrix of removing owners (who are unpopular with $ocial-justice warriors) for petty cause. How much $ the demonized owners have (or ultimately reap) isn't relevant to the issue of social/sports media mass hysteria (And how that media is used to selectively humiliate people & deprive them of earnings).

You're right on board tho, publicly accusing Richardson of 'something'.. which justifies him losing a team he founded & cultivated ?
If this team isn't sold to an ethnic-minority ownership group, then I will retract my (de facto Rooney-Rule for ownership) conspiracy theory,.. we'll see. Peace

Old 12-19-2017, 10:27 AM

17,599 posts, read 15,279,200 times
Quote:
This is par for the course.. you talk about Sterling's ownership prowess (which I agree with, but is irrelevant to my point).. My point is certain owners are now being selectively targeted for removal by cultural-Marxist sports & social media..

If you're game, put yourself in a Sterling-like situation.. You have a private, non-violent argument w/your girlfriend. Do u believe that is a fair reason for you to lose your job/income (?)

My point is ultimately about the matrix of removing owners (who are unpopular with $ocial-justice warriors) for petty cause. How much $ the demonized owners have (or ultimately reap) isn't relevant to the issue of social/sports media mass hysteria (And how that media is used to selectively humiliate people & deprive them of earnings).

You're right on board tho, publicly accusing Richardson of 'something'.. which justifies him losing a team he founded & cultivated ?
If this team isn't sold to an ethnic-minority ownership group, then I will retract my (de facto Rooney-Rule for ownership) conspiracy theory,.. we'll see. Peace
It depends on what the 'something' is. Now, I don't entirely disagree with you that an accusation doesn't mean someone 'loses' a team.. The whole situation with Sterling.. It was, to my memory, not an accusation, wasn't there audio of it? And it was severely racist. Now.. Even with that.. There are times.. I think many people consider Hulk Hogan's racist rant to not really be racist.. I don't.. It was improper, it shouldn't have been said.. But the wording of it wasn't as bad as it was made out to be. He still got fired, though word is enough time has passed now that he may come back.

Sterling had no chance. The main reason being that his players would have revolted against him, people would have refused to play for him. So, he was forced by the league, but was also forced by his actions to sell the team. Even if the NBA had said he could stay or didn't say he had to sell... It would almost be comparable to the NCAA death penalty.

Richardson, again.. I think he could survive this if he wanted to fight.. But I also think that he's at an age that he probably just doesn't want to fight it. Cash out and enjoy the years he has left.

The Sterling and Richardson situations are different because this is Richardson's decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football