Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2019, 05:27 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times

Advertisements

last week 9-6
season 45-32

NYG @ N.E.

CAR "@" T.B.

PHL. @ MIN
WSH @ MIA
HOU @ K.C.
N.O. @ JAX
SEA @ CLV
CIN. @ BLT

S.F. @ L.A.
ATL @ ARZ

DLS @ NYJ
TEN @ DNV

PTS @ S.D.

DET @ G.B.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2019, 06:54 AM

14,327 posts, read 14,623,274 times
Remember when picking (if it matters), another London game, Panthers and Buccaneers.

Old 10-08-2019, 06:54 AM

11,262 posts, read 11,028,294 times
Hmmm.... Looks like we have a tough one to start the week.....

I think I'll go with the Pats and get the rest in later.

Old 10-08-2019, 03:55 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
patriots
bucs
eagles
redskins
chiefs
saints
seahawks
ravens
49ers
cardinals
cowboys
titans
steelers
packers

Old 10-09-2019, 03:43 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,047,683 times
Week 5 A bad week 8-7.

Week 6
Patriots
Panthers
Ravens
Seahawks
Saints
Chiefs
Eagles
Redskins
Cardinals
49'ers
Titans
Cowboys
Packers
Chargers

Old 10-09-2019, 10:59 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times
After an up and down pattern this season let's see if I can get two good weeks in a row:

Giants @ Patriots: Patriots. Maybe the Giants will turn back to Eli to work some magic. That stuff only works in the post-season though.

Panthers @ Buccaneers: Panthers. I heard on a sports show that Christian McCaffrey alone has more yards than the entire Jets team.

Eagles @ Vikings: Eagles. Both are very good defenses but I trust Wentz to break through a lot more than Cousins.

Redskins @ Dolphins: Redskins. This game could get awkward: both teams trying to give it away to protect draft order.

Texans @ Chiefs: Chiefs. Tough night for the Chiefs but I like their chances to rebound. They may need to crack 40 to get this one in the W column.

Saints @ Jaguars: Saints. The Saints have looked solid with Teddy B, and it's still getting pieced together for the Jags. It's not their season just yet.

Seahawks @ Browns: Seahawks. It'll be hard for the Browns to rebound from that beat down on a short week, especially against a good team.

Bengals @ Ravens: Ravens. I suppose in the NFL anything is possible and this is the kind of game that can catch people off guard, but the smart money is the Ravens at home, as a far better team, taking care of business.

49ers @ Rams: Rams. Long week for them and a short week for the traveling Niners. Rams rebound after a heart breaker.

Falcons @ Cardinals: Cardinals. I'm not impressed with either but someone has to win. Maybe I should pick a tie?

Cowboys @ Jets: Cowboys. I've seen reports of Garret being on the hot seat. He's survived far worse than the Cowboys 3-2, soon to be 4-2 start though.

Titans @ Broncos: I'll pick this one after the TNF is over. Using my foolproof methodology I'll pick this one based on the result of the TNF game.

Steelers @ Chargers: Chargers. Do we even know who the Steelers QB will be?

Lions @ Packers: Packers. Lions looking pretty good, but the Packers are rolling and at home will control this one start to stop.

Good luck everyone!

Old 10-09-2019, 12:14 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,462,536 times
Giants @ Patriots-This is my gimme of the week. The Dark Side continues to dominate the weak teams on their cupcake schedule and should take the Giants, who are without Saquon Barkley and Evan Engram, behind the woodshed. The only question is "will the Pats go 16-0?"

Panthers @ Buccaneers-Oh Sticky Wickets! Another bloody London game! I actually don't mind this series. I'm a big NFL fan and I love watching the breakfast London games while I'm eating my Fruit Loops. Now that it has been confirmed that Cam Newton isn't making the trip to London, I can confidently say that Kyle Allen, Ron Rivera, and Christian McCaffrey smoke a Winston!

Eagles @ Vikings-Kirk Cousins feasts on bad teams like the Giants last week. Thankfully, for him, there are a lot of bad NFL teams out there. However, Eagles are a good team and my pick to win the Super Bowl, so I expect them to fly into Minnesota, take care of biz, and leave with a win.

Redskins @ Dolphins-I have no statistical data to back this up, but it seems like whenever a team fires their head coach, that team goes on to win the next week. This could very well happen since the Skins are playing the Finz this week. While the Skins are a really bad football team devoid of talent pretty much everywhere, I'll take them to win this toilet bowl of the week since Miami is actively tanking.

Texans @ Chiefs-I have 2 fantasy football teams. One team has Mahomes at QB and the other has Watson at QB, so I'm hoping for an offensive explosion for both teams. I was expecting a shootout last week between KC and the Colts and it ended up being 19-13. I feel confident that the Chiefs will rebound nicely and eke this out with a final score of 45-42.

Saints @ Jaguars-GMII may be the real deal, but beating N'awlins this season is a tall order. They're an ubertalented team even without Drew Brees. Jags will probably stay in this, but I can't pull the trigger on an upset.

Seahawks @ Browns-After watching my Niners whoop up on the Browns on MNF, it's kind of hard to pick them against a proven Seahawks team. Seahawks are undefeated on the road this season while Cleveland hasn't won a home game.

Bengals @ Ravens-Everyone was geeked about the Ravens after that Week 1 shellacking of Miami, but it doesn't seem like they're that good at the moment after getting beating by the Browns at home and needing OT to beat the Steelers and their third stringer. Still I can't pick the winless Bengals who have looked absolutely awful this season.

49ers @ Rams-I thought the Browns were the biggest challenge for my Niners to date, but they ended up being weak competition. This game, on the other hand, will be a difficult one on a short week. I can't imagine the Rams losing 3 in a row with all of their Pro Bowlers. However, I will continue to roll with my Niners and believe that Jimmy G. will find a way to pull this out.

Falcons @ Cardinals-I just don't trust the Falcons, so I'll take Kyler Murray to lead the Cards to its first home win on the season. Matty Ice will probably throw over 50 times and for over 400 yards in a loss.

Cowboys @ Jets-LET'S GO JETS!!! Sam Darnold should be back for this, and I want to see Jerry Jones and Cowboys fans whine after they lose this. I don't actually believe the Jets will win this, but I can't pick the Cowboys. I expect to be a lone wolf picking the Jets here.

Titans @ Broncos-I usually pick the Broncos at home due to the altitude, but remember the Titans seem to play better on the road. I think the fighting Mariotas will win this on a last-second field goal with their new kicker.

Steelers @ Chargers-Steelers are probably playing the Homeless Chargers with their 3rd string QB. This could be another Nathan Peterman game where the Chargers get 5 INTs in the first half. Steelers have been competitive this season given all their injuries, but there's no way the Chargers should lose this.

Lions @ Packers-This should be a great MNF game. As usual I'll take Aaron Rodgers and the Pack at home as they continue to separate themselves further from the pack in the NFC North.

Old 10-09-2019, 01:30 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,394,691 times
Patriots
Chiefs
Saints
Ravens
Cowboys
Broncos
Vikings
Dolphins
Seahawks
Falcons
Bengals
Panthers
Chargers
Packers

Old 10-09-2019, 01:55 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,937,206 times
Patriots
Buccaneers
Seahawks
Chiefs
Redskins
Eagles
Saints
Ravens
Rams
Falcons
Titans
Cowboys
Chargers
Packers

Old 10-09-2019, 06:38 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,089,079 times
I am taking the
PATRIOTS vs Gotham City Football Giants in Thursday's Super Bowl Rematch. While it would be fun to watch the Giants again ruin Belichick's party, twice especially, I do not see it happening this night.

Rest of my picks later
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football