Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2021, 12:13 PM

596 posts, read 302,767 times

Advertisements

And hats off to Rodgers for taking the whole thing in stride. Very funny.

https://youtu.be/Sk0hKIVJDsg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2021, 08:35 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,990,673 times
Why was Rodgers selected to host Jeopardy? Was he that monotone and lifeless throughout the entire show?

Old 04-08-2021, 06:48 AM

14,327 posts, read 14,625,905 times
Part of a long list of temporary hosts, Katie Couric, Dr. Oz, Anderson Cooper, Bill Whitaker, Savanah Guthrie, etc.!

He's always been a fan of the show, won Celebrity Jeopardy so they asked him to do it. I don't think he's any better or any worse than some of the others who have hosted already.

Old 04-08-2021, 01:28 PM

17,598 posts, read 15,272,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Part of a long list of temporary hosts, Katie Couric, Dr. Oz, Anderson Cooper, Bill Whitaker, Savanah Guthrie, etc.!

He's always been a fan of the show, won Celebrity Jeopardy so they asked him to do it. I don't think he's any better or any worse than some of the others who have hosted already.

He didn't seem overly comfortable when I watched.. but.. That was more a situation where I think he'd likely get better. Just as he got used to everything. Might even be better by the end of his week or however long he's taped shows for.

Old 04-08-2021, 01:40 PM

14,327 posts, read 14,625,905 times
Two weeks, he'll probably get more relaxed. I'm curious to see how Anderson Cooper does. I will say Aaron does a good job with the pronunciations, hasn't gotten tripped up yet.

Old 04-08-2021, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Two weeks, he'll probably get more relaxed. I'm curious to see how Anderson Cooper does. I will say Aaron does a good job with the pronunciations, hasn't gotten tripped up yet.

I caught a few times where he was a bit mumbly. not horrible, but..

I still.. REALLY want to see Levar Burton get a shot. He may not be able to do it. May not be a good fit.. But he deserves a chance.

Take out the fact he's a minority(And the fact that a minority or woman hosting would be honoring Trebek's wishes). His background on Reading Rainbow and Star Trek.. he's influenced a large number of people in this country.

The only downside.. He's 64.

Old 04-08-2021, 09:34 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,619,316 times
Very monotone as others have said but I do think he did well otherwise.

I got to think the producers would love for Rodgers to become a hit and the next host. He needs to work on his monotone style though. You only need like an ounce of enthusiasm for this show so it might be possible for Rodgers to figure it out.

I'd like to see Will Ferrell guest host.

Old 04-09-2021, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
I'd like to see Will Ferrell guest host.

That would be funny.. But you can't do that because Jeopardy is such a serious show. I mean, having him in doing his Trebek or even Harry Carey would be hilarious, but there's no chance of it happening.

Old 04-09-2021, 11:30 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,619,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
That would be funny.. But you can't do that because Jeopardy is such a serious show. I mean, having him in doing his Trebek or even Harry Carey would be hilarious, but there's no chance of it happening.
I'd actually like him to do it in a serious manner, not in character. Since he's a comedic guy, the right style for him would probably be to do it in as serious a manner as he can only letting out small amounts of humor and enthusiasm and that could be the perfect mix.

Old 04-09-2021, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
I'd actually like him to do it in a serious manner, not in character. Since he's a comedic guy, the right style for him would probably be to do it in as serious a manner as he can only letting out small amounts of humor and enthusiasm and that could be the perfect mix.

Mm.. I dunno.. Even if he was playing it straight.. Could anyone take him seriously?

I have no problem with him being a guest host for a week or something, if, as you said, he were to play it straight. I don't see him as a permanent host at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football