Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2010, 11:32 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,734,745 times

Advertisements

i noticed that article. Vick wants to play for Carolina. But hey. Buffalo could use him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 09:52 AM

1,053 posts, read 3,368,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Tim Tebow is not the way to turn around an NFL franchise. The HYPE of the great college QB is not a sure thing in the NFL. Tim wont be a great NFL QB, his delivery is horrible for the NFL and his offensive style doesnt translate into an every snap QB.
Good post... and I'll add this: One of the things Tebow had going for him in Florida was that he had seemingly all day to run around and check his reads... it just ain't so in the NFL. I'd like to see what he could do with only half the time he usually had after the ball was snapped.

I'm on of the guys who'd like to see what Brohm has before we start looking elsewhere... Fitz is a capable backup.

Old 03-07-2010, 01:49 PM

11,258 posts, read 11,028,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Town&Country View Post
Good post... and I'll add this: One of the things Tebow had going for him in Florida was that he had seemingly all day to run around and check his reads... it just ain't so in the NFL. I'd like to see what he could do with only half the time he usually had after the ball was snapped.

I'm on of the guys who'd like to see what Brohm has before we start looking elsewhere... Fitz is a capable backup.
The time for dilly-dallying is over at the QB position. Brohm blew his golden moment in the game vs. Atlanta. He looked awful. Why not Hamdan? Not that he was ever given a shot or that he'll be with the team next year.

This team needs a top-notch QB. We have been in a playoff drought for so long, and that is absolutely unacceptable. If that means bringing in a convicted felon, I'm all for it. Fitz can play back up and Edwards can take 3rd string.

Old 03-07-2010, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
The time for dilly-dallying is over at the QB position. Brohm blew his golden moment in the game vs. Atlanta. He looked awful. Why not Hamdan? Not that he was ever given a shot or that he'll be with the team next year.

This team needs a top-notch QB. We have been in a playoff drought for so long, and that is absolutely unacceptable. If that means bringing in a convicted felon, I'm all for it. Fitz can play back up and Edwards can take 3rd string.
Brohm hadn't even learned the playbook, what was he here, a week?!!! One game made up your mind?

Hamdan is no longer a Buffalo Bill...

...and Vick hopefully will never be one.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Town&Country View Post
Brohm hadn't even learned the playbook, what was he here, a week?!!! One game made up your mind?

Hamdan is no longer a Buffalo Bill...

...and Vick hopefully will never be one.
Yes, you have to grow up quick in the NFL. He was there a season and played in week, what, 14? He had two people to learn under. That is the school of hard knocks as it is. It is the price to pay for glory. Sad, but true.

Thank you for the heads up, Hamdan is gone.

I do not like Vick as a person either, but who is Buffalo's best bet for the immediate future? Are you really ready to put your marbles on Brohm? If so, you are definitely a masochist. Next year will tell...................

Old 03-08-2010, 07:27 AM

Just put on Sportscenter this morning and apparently Tebow was practicing for the Bills and Seahawks. I don't know about him. I'd take my chances with Vick

Old 03-08-2010, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff 11 View Post
Just put on Sportscenter this morning and apparently Tebow was practicing for the Bills and Seahawks. I don't know about him. I'd take my chances with Vick
Like T&C said a few posts back, Tebow takes too long to make good reads. At Florida, his OL gave him the luxury of a 10 second average. In the NFL that will be reduced to, oh I don't know, lets say 3, maybe 4 seconds.

I agree with Vick if he is an option. Eagles just granted him his 1.5 million roster bonus which means they are quite possibly gonna dangle him out there as trade bait. Buffalo would be wise to bite. Vick wants to be a starter and revive his carreer. Honestly, what does Buffalo have to lose?

Old 03-08-2010, 07:13 PM

The Qb position is for sure a question mark for us, I sum it up this way:

1.) I wouldn't mind Tebow for a later 2nd round pick or any pick in the 3rd round or higher. He doesn't have a good throwing technique (a sidearm) but he is working on it so who knows. The guy is definitely a gamer with a pretty good work ethnic though, I believe his heart and soul are in the game. He is not a starter but more of an occasional passer and probably would need to be in the shotgun. I could see him being used in a two/three back set with a direct snap or tight end, our version of the wildcat.

2.)Trent Edwards is a concussion away from being done and over with, he is gun shy and is afraid to throw the ball down the field. I don't know if he can be fixed.

3.)Fitzpatrick is a very capable backup and is not afraid to throw the ball downfield. His accuracy is up and down though. Fleet of foot, he's not afraid to run either. Still, a backup and a pretty good one to call on if your starter goes down.

4.)Brohm is basically untested and played in one game without a knowledge of the playbook, he called only the most basic of plays, that was a garbage game for us anyways. Did show some flashes though. He was a top prospect coming out of college and sat on a shelf for the most part after being drafted. I'm not saying sell the farm on the kid but we need to know what we do and do not have with him. To be determined...

5.)Qb's out there: Vick was never a great quarterback, but he is a good runner. We need a pure qb like a Brady, Brees or a Manning, that style, not a gimmick qb.

Pennington/Garcia: I wouldn't mind either of them for a year or two if it is determined by the coaching staff that Brohm is worthy but not ready yet due to lack of playing/coaching/conditioning.

McNabb: my vote is still out on the guy, I just can't make up my mind!

As far as "the big three" in the draft I hope we Do Not chose any of them and look around in the 2 or 3rd round. I do believe that Buddy Nix IS a good evaluator of talent just from looking at his track record.

There's my take...

Old 03-09-2010, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Like T&C said a few posts back, Tebow takes too long to make good reads. At Florida, his OL gave him the luxury of a 10 second average. In the NFL that will be reduced to, oh I don't know, lets say 3, maybe 4 seconds.

I agree with Vick if he is an option. Eagles just granted him his 1.5 million roster bonus which means they are quite possibly gonna dangle him out there as trade bait. Buffalo would be wise to bite. Vick wants to be a starter and revive his carreer. Honestly, what does Buffalo have to lose?
I don't want Tebow but i couldn't believe the Bills would try to go for him and yeah his time to throw would get down to like a second if he plays for us lol with the way our o line is.

Bills should at least try for Vick and i don't think we can possibly sink ourselves any lower

Old 04-20-2010, 07:47 PM

Here's our 2010 schedule... amazingly EVERY game is a 1pm start. I don't believe I've ever seen that before. Works for me, I hate the 4pm games... seems like the whole day gets tied up. Course, we have no west coast opponents either.

Buffalo Bills 2010 Schedule

1 Sun, Sept. 12 vs. Miami Dolphins -- 1 p.m.
2 Sun, Sept. 19 at Green Bay Packers -- 1 p.m.
3 Sun, Sept. 26 at New England Patriots -- 1 p.m.
4 Sun, Oct. 3 vs. New York Jets -- 1 p.m.
5 Sun, Oct. 10 vs. Jacksonville Jaguars -- 1 p.m.
6 Bye
7 Sun, Oct. 24 at Baltimore Ravens -- 1 p.m.
8 Sun, Oct. 31 at Kansas City Chiefs -- 1 p.m.
9 Sun, Nov. 7 vs. Chicago Bears -- 1 p.m.
10 Sun, Nov. 14 vs. Detroit Lions -- 1 p.m.
11 Sun, Nov. 21 at Cincinnati Bengals -- 1 p.m.
12 Sun, Nov. 28 vs. Pittsburgh Steelers -- 1 p.m.
13 Sun, Dec. 5 at Minnesota Vikings -- 1 p.m.
14 Sun, Dec. 12 vs. Cleveland Browns -- 1 p.m.
15 Sun, Dec. 19 at Miami Dolphins -- 1 p.m.
16 Sun, Dec. 26 vs. New England Patriots -- 1 p.m.
17 Sun, Jan. 2 at New York Jets -- 1 p.m.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football