Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2016, 03:05 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,613,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
What a game! I knew we weren't one of the worst teams in the league, but they had me second guessing myself after the first couple of weeks.
Congrats to your Bills, Mr Bill.

They looked excellent in every phase against my very strange-looking Cardinals team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2016, 06:28 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,618,297 times
Where is everybody!?

You're not the fans that only show after losses right?

Old 09-26-2016, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
Congrats to your Bills, Mr Bill.

They looked excellent in every phase against my very strange-looking Cardinals team.
Thanks, Colt.

It was a crazy week 3 around the league. I think the Cardinals preferred passing attack of longer 5 and 7 step drop backs plays to the Bills strengths on defense. We've always been pretty good at denying the deep ball. Yesterday they were just about perfect in that regard. I wouldn't be shocked if we learn Palmer has concussion symptoms after that hit he took I think in the 4th or maybe 3rd quarter. His head hit the ground hard. Reminded me of Trent Edwards in Arizona back in 2008.

Old 09-26-2016, 10:23 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,613,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Thanks, Colt.

It was a crazy week 3 around the league. I think the Cardinals preferred passing attack of longer 5 and 7 step drop backs plays to the Bills strengths on defense. We've always been pretty good at denying the deep ball. Yesterday they were just about perfect in that regard. I wouldn't be shocked if we learn Palmer has concussion symptoms after that hit he took I think in the 4th or maybe 3rd quarter. His head hit the ground hard. Reminded me of Trent Edwards in Arizona back in 2008.
Totally in agreement about a crazy week 3, Bill!

The Bills exposed many weaknesses in the Cards' offense and defense. I have no words for the special teams at this point, other than there needs to be some major reviewing.

The coaches need to get together and decide what is ailing these normally very good athletes. It may be mostly mental, but whatever is going on, the physical game is affected. We certainly can't rule out concussions as part of the problem, but there will need to be an overall assessment and soul searching sooner than later.

Again, congrats to a great game by the Bills, and ENJOY!

Old 09-26-2016, 05:52 PM

6,425 posts, read 4,917,410 times
Great win but we need to see a more balanced attack. Teams will load up the box and dare Tyrod to throw long. 14 of 25 for 114 is not going to cut it in this pass happy game. This worked for a game and maybe more but Tyrod is not really a big guy and all it takes is 1 injury and we are done.

Old 09-26-2016, 08:32 PM

I agree 114 yards a game will not cut it for an entire season. But, we also don't have to have 300 ypg to win.

He's currently averaging 176 ypg. I'd expect him to over time get that average back up to around his average last year which was 217ypg. And that can be sufficient if he is also putting in around 40ypg on the ground. Alex Smith, averaged 218 ypg last season for the Chiefs. If our defense is improved over last season, so far we have seen two good games out of three, then we can succeed with Tyrod averaging around 220-230ypg.

Old 09-27-2016, 08:55 AM

6,425 posts, read 4,917,410 times
This will be OK but I worry it will be like when Michael Vick was in his prime and unstoppable on the run and it was good until he got injured later in the season. This offense in not sustainable because Tyrod will eventually (and I pray he doesn't) get injured. Someone will fall on him or tackle him awkwardly and it will be like last season. Scrambling QB's are rarely successful over an entire season because the Defensive players are getting bigger and faster and Tyrod is not in football terms a big guy. Roman had the right idea in trying to make him a pocket passer with an occasional run because it would preserve his health and our post season chances. Lets see how this plays out over the season.

Old 10-02-2016, 01:58 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,448,812 times
GREAT GAME! Yes, the Pats were terrible and couldn't get out of their own way, but Tyrod Taylor, Lesean McCoy, Zach Brown, and Jerry Hughes were all stars today.

I thought the season was over when the Bills dropped the game against the Jets, but JUST LIKE THAT, they are right back in the hunt!

Old 10-02-2016, 02:10 PM

Bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bi lls!bills!ills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills !bills!bills!bills!billsbills!bills!bills!bills!bi lls!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!ills!bills!bills !bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!billsbi lls!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bill s!bills!ills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!b ills!bills!bills!billsbills!bills!bills!bills!bill s!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!ills!bills!bills!b ills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!billsbill s!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills! bills!ills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bil ls!bills!bills!billsbills!bills!bills!bills!bills! bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!ills!bills!bills!bil ls!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!billsbills! bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bi lls!ills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills !bills!bills!billsbills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bi lls!bills!bills!bills!bills!ills!bills!bills!bills !bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!billsbills!bi lls!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bill s!ills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!b ills!bills!billsbills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bill s!bills!bills!bills!bills!ills!bills!bills!bills!b ills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!billsbills!bill s!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills! ills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bil ls!bills!billsbills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills! bills!bills!bills!bills!ills!bills!bills!bills!bil ls!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!billsbills!bills! bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!il ls!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills !bills!billsbills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bi lls!bills!bills!bills!ills!bills!bills!bills!bills !bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!bills!

Old 10-02-2016, 02:22 PM

1,563 posts, read 2,875,268 times
Pats fan here with my jaw on the floor.Have to grudgingly respect Rex.They called Bellichick a genius last week and Rex came into Foxborough and just trashed the Pats.
Have to laugh....two weeks ago there were calls for Rex to fire his brother and he proceeds to pitch TWO shut outs against two of the best teams in the NFL.
Pats haven't been shut out at home in 23 years.
Congrats to Bills......Buffalo must be going crazy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football