Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2010, 03:06 PM

Location: I live in the Seattle neighborhood of Belltown. I live in a nice building called Mosler Lofts.
174 posts, read 590,521 times

Advertisements

No, I am not sick of hearing about Michael Vick. He is the most talented and dangerous player in the NFL. He might be the only guy who can beat the Patriots. Lately all I have been hearing about is Tom Brady and the Patriots. So if anything I would be sick of hearing about Brady and the Patriots.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:42 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,308,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleBoy98121 View Post
No, I am not sick of hearing about Michael Vick. He is the most talented and dangerous player in the NFL. He might be the only guy who can beat the Patriots. Lately all I have been hearing about is Tom Brady and the Patriots. So if anything I would be sick of hearing about Brady and the Patriots.
In the past several weeks the Patriots have beaten the Steelers, Jets, and Bears, three teams with a current combined record of 28-11. The Steelers and Bears currently lead their division and they Jets had the same record until they met the Pats. They deserve all the attention they are getting.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:55 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,172,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
In the past several weeks the Patriots have beaten the Steelers, Jets, and Bears, three teams with a current combined record of 28-11. The Steelers and Bears currently lead their division and they Jets had the same record until they met the Pats. They deserve all the attention they are getting.
Better hope the Giants don't make the Super Bowl against ya..oop did I say that?

Old 12-15-2010, 10:34 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,004,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleBoy98121 View Post

He is not the most talented player in the NFL. He is a great athlete but lacks a lot of technical skills as an NFL quarterback. In fact, if you took a little speed away, he would not even be in the NFL.

With that said, he has had a good season and deserves credit for playing the way he has after spending time in prison.

But, he isnt the only guy that can beat the Patriots considering teams beat each other, not individual players.

Old 12-16-2010, 09:11 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,830,622 times
This just proves this sociopathic bastard has a few screws loose:

Vick says he hopes to own a dog as a pet someday - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtbELHrki5dIhymB1Hp3DGRDubYF?slug=ap-vick-dogs - broken link)

A quote from the animal lover himself: “I think it would be a big step for me in the rehabilitation process. I think just to have a pet in my household and to show people that I genuinely care, and my love, and my passion for animals.”

What is wrong with this creep? Do we rehabilitate child molestors by letting them live next to daycare centers and elementary schools? Should we show that alcoholics are rehabilitated by having a few social drinks with them????

As a reminder, here is Vick's "passion for animals:"

Also, from the book "The Lost Dogs" written by Jim Gorant, the senior editor of Sports Illustrated.....

"As that dog lay on the ground, fighting for air, Quanis Phillips grabbed its front legs and Michael Vick grabbed its back legs. They swung the dog over their head like a jump rope then slammed it to the ground. The first impact didn't kill...... it. So, Phillips and Vick slammed it again. The two men kept at it, alternating until the dog was dead"

Last edited by Mr Yuk; 12-16-2010 at 10:24 AM..

Old 12-16-2010, 12:38 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,941,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
This just proves this sociopathic bastard has a few screws loose:

Vick says he hopes to own a dog as a pet someday - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtbELHrki5dIhymB1Hp3DGRDubYF?slug=ap-vick-dogs - broken link)

A quote from the animal lover himself: “I think it would be a big step for me in the rehabilitation process. I think just to have a pet in my household and to show people that I genuinely care, and my love, and my passion for animals.”

What is wrong with this creep? Do we rehabilitate child molestors by letting them live next to daycare centers and elementary schools? Should we show that alcoholics are rehabilitated by having a few social drinks with them????
What a joke!

You know what's most ridiculous? I had to fill out a three page application to adopt my dog. I'm 40+ year old woman who has had pets since I was a kid. They asked me so many questions it was insane and scrutinized to death like nobody's business.

How can anybody, breeder, shelter or adoption agency, give that man any kind of pet with a clear conscience? He should never be allowed near animals unattended.

BTW - Happy Holidays from Daisy Dukes.....
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone else tired of hearing about Michael Vick?-daisy2email.jpg  

Old 12-16-2010, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
What a joke!

You know what's most ridiculous? I had to fill out a three page application to adopt my dog. I'm 40+ year old woman who has had pets since I was a kid. They asked me so many questions it was insane and scrutinized to death like nobody's business.

How can anybody, breeder, shelter or adoption agency, give that man any kind of pet with a clear conscience? He should never be allowed near animals unattended.

BTW - Happy Holidays from Daisy Dukes.....
Same here...we adopted from a rescue, and the application process was like applying for a job with the CIA! And nobody in my house has committed any crimes beyond a speeding ticket or parking ticket, and I've had pets my whole life.

For Vick to even be talking about having a dog in public shows how unintelligent he is. He should be keeping his mouth shut and not say things that will put more of a spotlight on his past. I think the Eagles would be wise to ride this year out and then cut him loose...he will become a headache at some point, the further away he gets from his jail sentence.

Merry Christmas back at you Daisy Dukes!

Old 12-16-2010, 01:25 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,897,577 times
Top 10 in NFL Pro Bowl fan voting (as of Dec. 15):

1. Michael Vick, Eagles: 981,687
2. Tom Brady, Patriots: 947,194
3. Peyton Manning, Colts: 806,025
4. Adrian Peterson, Vikings: 736,603
5. Aaron Rodgers, Packers: 690,619
6. Drew Brees, Saints: 662,953
7. Philip Rivers, Chargers: 633,269
8. Arian Foster, Texans: 519,154
9. Matt Ryan, Falcons: 484,949
10. David Garrard, Jaguars: 479,018

Old 12-16-2010, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Top 10 in NFL Pro Bowl fan voting (as of Dec. 15):

1. Michael Vick, Eagles: 981,687
2. Tom Brady, Patriots: 947,194
3. Peyton Manning, Colts: 806,025
4. Adrian Peterson, Vikings: 736,603
5. Aaron Rodgers, Packers: 690,619
6. Drew Brees, Saints: 662,953
7. Philip Rivers, Chargers: 633,269
8. Arian Foster, Texans: 519,154
9. Matt Ryan, Falcons: 484,949
10. David Garrard, Jaguars: 479,018
All that shows is that the average person voting is dumb. Aside from Vick's past, just considering football, how can you possibly vote Vick over Brady, Manning, Brees, Rivers, Ryan, Rodgers?

Old 12-16-2010, 02:46 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,172,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
All that shows is that the average person voting is dumb. Aside from Vick's past, just considering football, how can you possibly vote Vick over Brady, Manning, Brees, Rivers, Ryan, Rodgers?
Geez..I wish I weren't a Giant fan..I'd be rooting for Vick BIGTIME in any other case..People like you make me hope he wins every game. Too bad he plays for the hated Eagles. Talk about unforgiving people..

Go pet a poodle
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.