Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2023, 12:20 PM

63 posts, read 41,814 times

Advertisements

In addition to the Week 2 and Week 3 games they will now air Weeks 4-16 on ABC marking it the first time since 2005 MNF will be on ABC full time. This is all due to the strikes in Hollywood where they are trying to find content to put on the networks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2023, 01:13 PM

26,206 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Thank you. I'd prefer they ditch the games on Thursday nights and give us two games on Monday; would be much better for the teams; games on Thursday nights seems to really stress the players.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 09-18-2023, 03:42 PM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Thank you. I'd prefer they ditch the games on Thursday nights and give us two games on Monday; would be much better for the teams; games on Thursday nights seems to really stress the players.

Same with me, in fact I haven't paid my yearly Amazon prime for this year and am not sure I will. Regarding ABC, good!! I know there are a few people who are long time posters on this forum who don't have cable. and I am getting close to making a decision on that as well!

Old 09-18-2023, 04:32 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,116,133 times
Is there a reason why MNF games can't all start at 7:15... (Rhetorical question, I know there may be contractual obligations for the network to schedule it later in order to avoid competing programs, all for money!!!)

It's easier to go to bed at 10:30 than at 11:15, especially if the game is slow or goes into overtime then it's pushing noon.

Old 09-19-2023, 03:47 AM

339 posts, read 148,256 times
I agree with Mike up-thread, Thursday games are usually more tough on a player. I'd rather stick to Sunday & Monday coverage as well. Even Saturdays are better toward the end of the season when college football is wrapping up.

ABC switched their dancing show to Tuesdays to adapt to the change. A friend lamented the change lol.

Last edited by FierceKaia; 09-19-2023 at 03:48 AM.. Reason: adding a word

Old 09-21-2023, 06:45 AM

9,496 posts, read 9,804,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshbyQuin View Post
Is there a reason why MNF games can't all start at 7:15... (Rhetorical question, I know there may be contractual obligations for the network to schedule it later in order to avoid competing programs, all for money!!!)

It's easier to go to bed at 10:30 than at 11:15, especially if the game is slow or goes into overtime then it's pushing noon.
For us on the east coast, I can agree.

Monday Night Football games usually start at 8:15 PM Eastern Time, which is 5:15 PM Pacific Time. However, there are a few exceptions during the 2023 NFL season. The games that started at 7:15 PM Eastern Time, is 4:15 PM Pacific Time, although I do believe that those games are tape delayed? So you will have to avoid looking at your phone and see the scores if you live over there.

Old 09-23-2023, 09:05 AM

7,593 posts, read 6,080,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Same with me, in fact I haven't paid my yearly Amazon prime for this year and am not sure I will. Regarding ABC, good!! I know there are a few people who are long time posters on this forum who don't have cable. and I am getting close to making a decision on that as well!
I keep our Amazon Prime renewed because we do so much of our shopping there, it more than pays for itself with free shipping and other occasional discounts over the course of the year. But unless you read as many books as my old lady or use it to buy all your household items, it is very pricey and I would not buy it just to watch shows.

However, I do not often get to watch football on it. I watch scary movies on Prime and some football games like the first half of the Air Force and San Jose last night was like a scary movie, but given the Monday Night Choice, I have become a huge fan of ELI and PEYTON on ESPN.

They were on the first night, I made it through about half the first quarter as I was too tired, but they were entertaining as always They were not on last week, but I was too busy to watch anything last Monday night anyway

As for Thursday night, I just do not like the NFL games on Thursday unless it is Thanksgivin' and would rather watch a college game or, by Thursday, , usually, the inside of my eyelids as I am for some reason really exhausted by Thursday evening depending on the week I have had.

SO having it on ABC is a better deal, but I prefer Peyton and Eli if I do get the privilege to watch the game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football