Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 02:12 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Clausen had great receivers and an experienced O-line that made him look better than he is. His season looks mediocre at best to me.
The same can be said for just about any quarterback.

Hey, maybe he does slide though. I'd be ecstatic if he fell far enough for Denver to nab him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2009, 02:25 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,490,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post

Hey, maybe he does slide though. I'd be ecstatic if he fell far enough for Denver to nab him.
but..but...Isn't Kyle Orton your franchise QB??

Old 12-18-2009, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
but..but...Isn't Kyle Orton your franchise QB??
Possibly.

Old 12-18-2009, 02:44 PM

4,077 posts, read 5,608,852 times
Quote:

Actually I think Clausen will be the first QB taken (4-5 overall). I am just voicing my opposition to it.

I don't think Denver will have a chance at him. It is possible altough highly unlikely.

Old 12-18-2009, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Actually I think Clausen will be the first QB taken (4-5 overall). I am just voicing my opposition to it.

I don't think Denver will have a chance at him. It is possible altough highly unlikely.
Yeah, the chances are very unlikely it would happen. My personal preference is to snag Tebow in the 2nd or 3rd round and let McDaniels groom him behind Orton.

Old 12-18-2009, 04:51 PM

4,077 posts, read 5,608,852 times
Quote:
Yeah, the chances are very unlikely it would happen. My personal preference is to snag Tebow in the 2nd or 3rd round and let McDaniels groom him behind Orton.
I'll be interested in TT 40 time @ the combine as well as Colt McCoy. If either one could somehow sniff the 4.5's, esp Tebow, their/his stock would rise alot.
Although I doubt it will happen, they are both capable.

Could Tebow be a successful Power back in the NFL? Would he even try/want to become one? The guy is a gifted athlete for sure, I'm just not sold on his arm as far as the NFL is concerned.

Old 12-18-2009, 05:35 PM

Quote:
I'll be interested in TT 40 time @ the combine as well as Colt McCoy. If either one could somehow sniff the 4.5's, esp Tebow, their/his stock would rise alot.
Although I doubt it will happen, they are both capable.

Could Tebow be a successful Power back in the NFL? Would he even try/want to become one? The guy is a gifted athlete for sure, I'm just not sold on his arm as far as the NFL is concerned.
Tebow has the arm to play in the NFL, it just doesn't look real pretty because he has such poor mechanics. That's why I would like to snag him if he drops low enough. Let him sit on the bench for a couple years while a QB guru like McDaniels grooms him, then we can either insert him as the starter or move him for draft picks/players if Orton becomes a legit franchise QB.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football