Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2011, 10:42 PM

520 posts, read 730,955 times

Advertisements

I'm a Browns fan, and I have to say Colt McCoy has looked pretty good this year. Not great, but he's definetly been playing decent. Today he was 40/61, for 350 yards, 1td and 1int. So far this season he is 100/172, 58% completion percentage, 6tds 3ints, and has thrown for over 900 yards. The Browns are 2-2, they've been up and down in their first two games, but Colt has definetly been one of their strong points. What say you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2011, 02:27 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
I really, really, really wish I could watch Browns games here in Dallas. We almost never get them. I have been wanting to see how my boy, Colt, was faring.

The stats are looking pretty good, but I reserve judgment on how good he will be until I can a. watch him play more and b. see how he deals with adversity as it comes over the season.

He has the HEART to be great.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:27 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,984,794 times
McCoy does not appear to be the franchise quarterback but his numbers are okay. Factor in his experience and being on the Browns I'd say he's okay. I don't see him as "great" but he can be "good". A lot factors on the Browns getting things right (I hope they do).

Old 10-05-2011, 11:12 AM

400 posts, read 949,496 times
I can see him being a good solid QB but never anyone of star status, time will tell.

Old 10-07-2011, 02:36 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 719inhere View Post
I'm a Browns fan, and I have to say Colt McCoy has looked pretty good this year. Not great, but he's definetly been playing decent. Today he was 40/61, for 350 yards, 1td and 1int. So far this season he is 100/172, 58% completion percentage, 6tds 3ints, and has thrown for over 900 yards. The Browns are 2-2, they've been up and down in their first two games, but Colt has definetly been one of their strong points. What say you?

Yes. I do. Gotta give the kid time. The lock out plays into a major factor, not to mention that the Browns blew it up and started over yet again with a new system, and new coaching staff, not to mention that they are a young team. We have to be patient in Cleveland. I know that's hard with the recent history of the Browns, as well as a lack of a championship in any sport in this city since 1964. I have a feeling we finally have direction. 2-2 at the bye week isn't too bad, considering years past.

GO BROWNS!

Old 10-08-2011, 02:15 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Really good QB? Yes. A top 10 QB? No.

Old 10-13-2011, 11:04 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,257,915 times
I think he can be a really good and solid QB for us ("us" as in I'm a Browns fan..yeah!! ). One problem I see with everything...is us Cleveland fans. Already on the radio the talking heads and fans are calling in saying "Well is he our guy? Maybe we should tank the season and draft Andrew Luck". Our fans need to give Colt time. I really feel he has the heart that's rarely found in a player and I think he's in the right offense for his game. I just think he needs time. We need to get a threat of a receiver in there for him to target. He seems to improve every game and I really hope he can become the QB the Browns have been searching for since coming back in 1999. Only time will tell and we really need to give him that benefit...time!

GO BROWNS!!

EDIT: And what he did going into Pittsburgh for his first start and beating the Saints IN New Orleans in his rookie season only shows that he has very, very good potential.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football