Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2011, 02:51 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

GE WSSH300GWW King-size Capacity Frontload Washer 3.5 Cu. Ft.

ge-wssh300gww-king-size-capacity-frontload-washer-35 photo
Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

My husband renovated our downstairs receiving area and sewing room and converted it to a one bedroom apartment to rent out. Because of that we need to buy a new set of appliances for our renters.
We went to the store and I chose the GE WSSH300GWW King-size Capacity Frontload Washer 3.5 Cu. Ft. because it is cheaper compared to other GE models and I like the different features that come with it. My washer is electric but it is Energy Star qualified so I'm confident that it will not consume too much electricity considering that it has a king size capacity, I or our renter will be able to minimize the number of loads when washing.
Installation for my washer can be done in three different ways, side by side, pedestal or stacked. Since the unit is one bedroom my husband opted to install it stacked to minimize the space occupied however it's a bit harder to install it this way compared to side by side.
The washing machine is white so it needs to be wiped all the time to maintain its elegant look. The disadvantage of the color is if we get a renter that doesn't pay attention to spills, it might look dirty and ugly. Dirt is very visible on even a small spot.
The best feature I like with this washer is the second rinse option. I like my clothes to be thoroughly clean to make sure that bleach or soap residue is completely washed. Some washers you can still see soap bubbles after the final rinse. With this feature I feel confident that my washer has a high quality cleaning performance.
My washer has the cleaning setting based on the fabric. I can set to Normal/Heavy for my cotton or white clothes, Perma Press/Easy Care for color clothes and Hand wash for silk or other delicate fabrics.
I can also choose the temperature for washing and rinsing and the speed/spin combination. This is really good for me to ensure that my clothes are properly cared for. A wrong choice of temperature for instance using a hot water for color clothes will result to easy fading.
My washer also automatically determines the right amount of water that needs to be dispensed to wash the clothes based on the amount of clothes being washed. Detergent, bleach, and fabric softener is timed and automatically dispensed. I don't need to worry and guess the best time to put my laundry aid.
My clothes are spin dry with the machines 950 RPM motor which makes the drying time lesser on the drier. The operation of the machine is really quiet. Over-all the GE king size capacity front load washer we bought for our downstairs unit is a great buy for the price ($699 MSRP) I paid for with all the features that come with it. Washer is economical, cleans my clothes thoroughly, operation is quiet although stacked installation is difficult.

By: samutsari

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 20, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews