Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2011, 03:04 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Canon Image Formula DR-2510C Scanner

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

What did we do before scanners came along? I guess there were fax machines - remember them! Just like anything else that has sprung up, it brings a smile to the face recalling how we coped before a device came along. I can't imagine being without one now, I have a use for them all the time, and my latest purchase is the Image Formula DR-2510C by Canon, who lead the way in my opinion.

I am forever needing to send documents back and forward to clients and the control panel's button functions on this scanner include the ability to scan to an e-mail address - which is a huge bonus for me. It is a very rapid machine, with speeds of up to 25ppm on any colors, and that includes black. Amongst its superior features are the 500 sheet feeder capacity, its capability to produce 1500 scans per day, and the auto page size and color detection. The feed is ultra reliable, and the image processing is with the newest of advancements.

The scanner has password authentication, to protect against fraudulent use and uninvited viewing of legal or personal literature. This is especially good, and gives tremendous me piece of mind when sensitive documents are potentially exposed. The DR-2510C is designed to handle a wide selection of material, including bulky items and embossed plastic cards, which often need to be reproduced for account purposes.

As you would expect there are competitors with similar machines and if I'm honest, I could quite easily be talking about a Brother or an Epson, as they have an excellent range at corresponding prices; but I do believe that Canon have the edge and they have certainly fused, if not enhanced that reputation, with the Image Formula DR-2510C Scanner.

Review by professional reviewer, Sep. 1, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews