Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2011, 11:47 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Toastmaster 3305 Steam and Dry Iron 1200 Watt

Rating: 1 out of 5
  • Currently 1.0/5.0

I purchased this iron a few months back to replace an older iron that I had. I am not impressed. It is difficult to use, takes forever to heat up and doesn't iron out difficult wrinkles.

While this iron is one of the most inexpensive around, using it is a waste of time. I find that wrinkles come out much better in the dryer and it is way easier. Even on the highest setting, it takes several times over the same area to get wrinkles out. Most of the time this iron isn't worth the hassle.

I have had problems with it leaking water a few times and making spots on my clothing. I tried filling it with less water and using different settings, but it continued to leak unless I used it without water. It never seems to produce any steam even when water is inside. Plus it doesn't slide as easily as many other irons, making wrinkles as you iron if you aren't careful.

There are a few benefits to this iron, but the most obvious is the price tag. It is very inexpensive. Also it is attractively designed and the cord is very long, which is convenient when ironing. It has several heat settings which are easily adjusted using a simple knob located near the top of the iron. The iron is comfortable to hold and the handle is a good shape for my hand. While it does leak, it is easy to fill and does not require distilled water like some other models.

I do not recommend this iron. While it is inexpensive, it is much better to spend a little more and get an iron that works well. I would only recommend this product for occasional users that aren't looking for a high quality product.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews