Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2011, 11:47 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Panasonic NN-T774SF Microwave Oven

Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

This microwave oven was chosen first of all for the look. I had kitchen renovations and the sleek black and stainless steel design fit perfectly. The previous one in its place was in the same range and it worked very well so it made sense to get this one. It is around the $700 range.

It is a 44L size, which is big enough for anything that I would ever want to microwave. It is 1100 Watt, I'm not sure what is standard for a microwave but in comparing it, microwave popcorn takes 2 minutes rather then 3 or 4.

It has lots of features which make use even easier then it already is. There is always the standard manual option to key in the amount of time and adjust heat settings if needed - it has 10 levels of power settings going from 100 down to 10 in increments of 10. It also had a turbo defrost setting that is set according to weight.

One option that does make it easier is the Sensors. There is a 'Sensor Reheat' or 'Frozen Reheat' option. This automatically adjusts the power settings and detects how long it needs to be on for. This is so easy when doing a number of things at once; just two buttons and I don't have to worry about it until it's done. There are also specific categories in the sensor mode, where the heat and sensor is specifically designed for particular foods. Eg - there is a 'whole chicken' option.

Another feature is the 'recipe' button. It comes with a recipe book and the instructions come up on the microwave screen and you just press forward for the next instruction and the cooking time is programmed. Even without the recipe book, the recipe comes up on the screen as well.

I would be completely happy with this microwave if it wasn't for one thing that I do not understand. When heating up a product (that isn't food) that is specifically made for microwave heating, the microwave started sparking like when you put metal or something inside. The material is plastic and in the past, it never did this with other microwaves I used. I am not sure why, but it made me rethink the safety of the model in that way. It is the only problem I have ever had and only ever happened with this product.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews