Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2011, 04:54 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Oasis IV Outdoor Wood Backyard Play System

oasis-iv-outdoor-wood-backyard-play-system photo
Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

My main reason for choosing this particular set - and looking into the Oasis sets at all - is that the structural supports and sides are made of natural cedar. Cedar is great for outdoor equipment because it stands up to the elements and resists bugs without having to use pesticides or chemicals that could be harmful to children. In addition to that concern, I also want to maintain the look of my yard. My house is surrounded by woods and I was dreading getting a swing set that sticks out with neon colors from all the pretty trees. This swing set looks much more natural than others and seems to blend it quite a bit better than I was expecting.

The assembly went smoothly, even for people who aren't well versed in swing set construction. And, more importantly, once put together, the set is solid and safe. I was a little concerned about splinters from the wood, but the finish is so nice and smooth that I no longer fret about slivers of wood ending up in little children's palms.

My only concern is that it won't grow with the kids. the swings and platforms are pretty close to the ground, which is great when children are younger, but lacks something when they get older and start to want a little "adventure" in their outdoor play. Also, the swings hold up to 150lbs, which should be enough for quite some time, though they are pretty close together and might cause a problem when the kids get a little bigger. The wave slide, which is great for small kids because they slide more slowly while thinking they are getting a wilder ride, is not great for bigger kids, who want height and speed. Hopefully we will be able to afford one of the larger Oasis sets by then. I would absolutely buy from this company again. I am completely satisfied with the product and look forward to future purchases.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews