Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2011, 12:58 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Brother SE 400 Computerized Embroidery and Sewing Machine

Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

During one of my crafty phases, I purchased a Brother SE400 Computerized Embroidery and Sewing Machines. I thought that I would sew some clothes for my girls and their dolls and do some embroidery of initials, characters, and animals on their clothing, bags, etc. to save myself money. This machine has very high ratings on most of the opinion sites and purchasing sites, so I thought that I was getting the right one for my needs. From the very start, however, I could see that it was well above my abilities as far as sewing and embroidery goes, which was very disappointing. It began when I was trying to thread it and continued even after I figured out how to do that task, which made me extremely frustrated. I found it almost impossible to program to embroider and never could figure out how to get it to embroider on the fabric that I had, so I finally gave up. I may have had a bad machine or may just not be skilled enough to know how to work it (even with the instruction book), but I chose to take it back to the store and give up my crafting for a while. It was a great price and many people seem to be very happy with it in their reviews, but if you don't have much experience sewing or using a machine like this one, you may want to look elsewhere or take some classes to help you. If you are comfortable with this type of machine, however, you may be perfectly happy with this purchase just like the dozens of other people who have purchased it and found no issues. Just consider your own expertise level to help you determine if it is the right choice for you.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews