Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2011, 12:23 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Kitchen Aid Convection Oven

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

When my husband and I decided to build a smaller home after the kids moved out of our larger one, I told him I wanted my dream kitchen. I am one who loves to cook and bake, especially on the weekend and during the holidays, and wanted a kitchen I could really enjoy.

As I began to research the newest appliances on the market, I read up on convection ovens and knew this was something which must be included. The price was a little steep, but I figured I could scale back on the technology of other items to make up for it.

I chose Kitchen Aid because I have had their products before and been very impressed with the way they are built and how little maintenance is required. My father taught me you get what you pay for (normally) and there are times when it pays to buy the best.

We finally selected the KDRS505XSS. I had originally intended to have the cooktop and oven separate, but fell in love with this freestanding model. Good thing I found the oven before the builder started on the cabinets because a little redesigning was required to accommodate it; however, it was easily handled at that point in time. I had hoped to acquire a black one, but this model only comes in silver. Thankfully I was able to find all my other desired appliances in silver as well, allowing me to create a more coordinated appearance.

I think the thing that impressed me most is the fact I have both gas and electric in this oven. I've always preferred gas burners to cook on because the heat is on and off much more quickly. On the other hand, I enjoy using an electric oven. This model has both - five gas burners and two electric ovens. The cast-iron griddle in the middle is just right for preparing pancakes and grilled cheese sandwiches for the grandkids. I am now looking forward to November and preparing my first Thanksgiving turkey and pumpkin pies in my new convection oven.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews