Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2011, 01:38 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Polar F11 Heart Rate Monitor Watch

polar-f11-heart-rate-monitor-watch photo
Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

A heart rate monitor is an essential for athletes who want to perform at their peak levels. The Polar F11 Heart Rate monitor Watch is a heart monitor that is available in styles for men and women in a variety of fashion colors that make it look like a fashion accessory. This heart rate monitor does much more than calculate your heart rate. It is the only monitor that also creates a personalized workout program to help you know how much to do, at what rate, and for what duration in order to accomplish what you want.

I got the Polar F11 Heart Rate Monitor Watch in Pink Fizz more for its looks than for its functions. After using it for my runs, it has won me over. The unique Keeps U Fit Workout Program guides me and also provides me with a free online component. I love that it looks like a fashionable wrist watch while it displays the time of day, an alarm, and it also has a stopwatch feature.

The monitor also has a built-in function that keeps it from getting interference from other heart rate monitors in the same area. I can't even tell that the electrodes that pick up my heart signals are made into the watch band.

The monitor displays the amount of energy I use during any exercise session in addition to the accumulated kilocalories during several exercises sessions. It even keeps track of my goals by day and by week according to the calories I burn. It shows a bullet on the display for every ten minutes that are spent exercising within my target heart rate zone.

The monitor displays my current heart rate as well as the average heart rate. It can do it automatically or I can change the settings manually. The LCD display is easy to read and it has backlighting and a split screen.

The biggest negative I have for the Polar F11 is that it is recommended you not change your own battery and that any service should be performed by an authorized Polar dealer. Considering how well it is working, that shouldn't be a problem.

The Polar F11 Heart Rate Monitor is a unique, precise, and valuable piece of equipment for any athlete. Now, there is no excuse for not calculating optimum heart rate or keeping track of the results of any kind of workout. This is the only heart rate monitor that does all of that for you and provides you with a personalized workout program.

Review by professional reviewer, Sep. 1, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews