Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2011, 09:34 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Kodak ESP 5 All in One printer

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

It was recently decided at my workplace that the communal printers everyone had been using were outdated, slow and prone to disrepair. Thus, the administration decided that everyone would get their own personal computers to keep at their desks for their printing needs. They decided to purchase the Kodak ESP 5 All in One printer for everyone, and I have had some opportunity to use it so far. The main thing to know about this device is that it truly is an all in one unit. It has a scanner/copier module, printer, and memory card scanner slots, thus making it possible not just to print pictures and documents from portable memory devices, but also act as a card reader to the computer. The device prints in color, although most of our office documents require the black and white print option, so thus far I have no information on how long the ink cartridges last. I know that in the three months I have been able to use this printer myself, I have used up around two thirds of the black ink cartridge from at least moderate, almost daily usage. The unit only requires a black ink cartridge and a color ink cartridge, which cuts down greatly on the price of replacing ink as opposed to other printers than use six to eight cartridges of ink to print.

The device cost about $250 new, although it currently can be found online for about $190. In comparison to other models of this kind that can cost up to $300, this unit is fairly cheaply priced. While the printing is fast, the quality of print is about average. The resulting document or image is quite nice, though I have seen sharper images from other devices.

The device has an LCD display that makes navigating the printer/copier easy enough. A computer is not required to print items from storage devices. The unit also has a Bluetooth connection, which makes connecting laptops for printing an option, although it is not a feature I personally use. The unit comes with software for scanning and printing which can be integrated with existing programs on the computer seamlessly. This unit had some minor issues with drivers when my workplace upgraded to Windows Vista on the computers, though the drivers to fix connectivity issues were quickly downloaded and installed with few issues. It is a reliable device and has thus far not needed any maintenance or given any trouble. It is solidly made with few loose joints or noticeable problems. It is a good, affordable all in one unit.

Review by professional reviewer, Sep. 1, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews