Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2011, 04:06 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Sharp R-305KS 1-Cubic-Foot 1100-Watt Microwave Oven

Rating: 1 out of 5
  • Currently 1.0/5.0

We bought the Sharp R-305KS 1-Cubic-Foot 1100-Watt Microwave Oven based on having had good luck with Sharp products as well as its appearance and its price. I was quite disappointed when the product failed me completely, and stopped working properly after the warranty ran out.

The microwave was a disappointment from the start. The motor constantly sounded like it was about to die. It seemed completely unable to get microwave popcorn popped properly at all. It was either burnt or there were dozens of unpopped colonels in the bag. Most of the time, we managed to get it working just fine throughout most of the warranty period, so against our better judgement we chose to keep it and see how it worked out.

Luckily, we found that the Sharp R-305KS 1-Cubic-Foot 1100-Watt Microwave Oven worked fine through the warranty period and then lost functions. The clock/timer/display no longer lit making it difficult to set up anything more complex than reheating. The second developed a problem with the door latch this morning. Sharp has built in a safety feature that won't allow the oven to work when the door isn't securely closed. I suspect they are complying with a federal regulation. Fortunately, if I really slam the door, it will work, however, I'm sure it will stop working completely at the least convenient moment.

I am really disappointed with how the Sharp R-305KS 1-Cubic-Foot 1100-Watt Microwave Oven performed over all. I think it is really disappointing that a company supposedly renowned for quality products would choose to ruin their brand with a product that becomes defunct once the warranty runs out. I will not be buying a Sharp microwave ever again, or any other appliances for that matter.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 8, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews