Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2011, 11:21 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

GE JES1384SF Microwave

ge-jes1384sf-microwave photo
Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I purchased the GE Microwave JES 1384SF to replace one that had been more expensive and never really worked right from the time I got it. The GE is the same power with 1000 watts and it has an old fashioned design with buttons and knobs instead of the normal touch pads you find on most appliances today. It fits in a small space on my counter top and looks great with the stainless steel finish. With 1.3 cu. Ft. of space, it is big enough to cook anything I want to use the microwave for.

The microwave has a turntable which was an important feature to me. I don't like to have to stop cooking things and "turn them" and then start the oven again. The rotary dial makes it easy to choose the right cooking mode by turning it to show on the display what you are looking for. The clock displays the time in standard or military time. You can adjust the length of cooking time in ten second increments until you get to ten minutes and then you can adjust in one minute increments.

Other functions on the microwave include a kitchen timer, defrost, auto cook, selections for coffee, popcorn, more, less and level. None of the other microwaves I have owned have had the "more" or "less" feature and it is great! Nothing is ever set to the right time to fix a bag of popcorn. With this feature, I can tell it if it needs to add more or less time to the preset cooking time in order to get it done without stopping the microwave, resetting it, and then starting it again.

The microwave also offers the option of browning the top of items. It is a great tool for those things that you want to brown without taking the time to put them in the regular oven. Although this microwave is easy enough to use that a child could do it, there is a child lock to ensure they don't tamper with it.

This microwave is not only stylish looking, but it is also very easy to clean. It has all the technology you could imagine in a counter top microwave including a couple of features I have never seen on any other model. It works great and is easy enough to use so that you eliminate the frustration of trying to learn a new button system. All this, and it is even less expensive than comparable microwaves in other brands.

Review by professional reviewer, Sep. 1, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews