Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2011, 03:27 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,606,598 times

Advertisements

Bissell Powerforce Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner 6583

Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

I bought this vacuum to replace a model that uses a bag. I wanted a model that was convenient to use and inexpensive. I chose this vacuum because the canister was easily removed, the vacuum had built in cleaning attachments, and because Bissell generally makes good cleaners.

The dirt canister is on the front of the vacuum and it has a side-to-side lever that releases the can for dumping. The canister is very easy to remove, but it has a raised area in the center of the bottom and I've had trouble getting all of the dirt from the bottom edges. This is especially noticeable when I use it in areas where my pets spend a lot of time, because the hair clumps and forms a kind of mat in the bottom of the can. I often have to take a stick and scrape. I dump it every time I use it.

Another problem I've had with it is debris clogging above a grey disk on a thick shaft that is above the canister. Again, it's primarily related to pet hair. The grey disk does remove easily by twisting, and pops back in easily, so it's not overly troubling but it is an extra step that I often have to take after vacuuming.

Outside of those two issues, I really like the vacuum. The cord length is very generous, so I can plug it in the living room and clean the living room, kitchen, hallway and first bedroom in my 700 square foot home without moving the cord. It has good suction power and picks up well.

The attachments are built into the back of the vacuum and release easily for use. It includes a hose, a straight extension piece, a crevice cleaner, and a brush. The hose is a little short, but I can still clean the entire sofa with only a couple moves of the main vacuum.

The power and angle release switches are large and located flat near the bottom of the vacuum, so you can turn it on and off or release the handle just by stepping on the switch. I've found that especially useful because I often end up with some stray items in my hand while I'm vacuuming. It's helpful to be able to turn off the vacuum with a foot.

The cost for this vacuum was $39.93, so it was inexpensive. I've been happy with the value and I would buy it again.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews