Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2013, 08:28 PM

111 posts, read 293,955 times

Advertisements

I've dated quite a few guys in the past. My first boyfriend treated me so well but I broke his heart. I don't cheat and I didnt cheat on him. It was a clean breakup. He wanted to settle down but I wasn't ready so we broke up. After him, everything was a mess. All the guys I've dated ended up breaking my heart. The good ones, I ended up ruining it which lead to my heartbreak. Sometimes I feel like my heart can't tolerate anymore pain but every time a relationship ends I still feel that intense pain that I thought I wouldn't feel again. Because of my bad experiences with guys I became really cautious on who I date. I tried to weed out the players from the good guys but the ones I thought were good was not good at all. They all are players but just hiding it so well. The ones who was genuinely good, I push them away thinking they were like the bad ones who would break my heart.

Sometimes I give up on dating. Not to brag but I'm an attractive lady. I stay in shape. I don't have problems meeting guys. Because of my past bad experiences, I tend to overanalyze things and compare the present to the past. I have a tendency to become paranoid and suspicious. I become anxious when I start seeing someone. I'm always scared that he would end up hurting me like the other ones. I met a really cool guy last month. He treated me so well. Even though I never saw any signs that he would be potentially breaking my heart, I got so scared that he would be and would end up leaving me. I pushed to much and I ended up pushing him away. I don't know why I can't just chill and enjoy the experience of dating.

I guess I just needed some feedback. I'm hurting from loosing this guy. He seemed perfect. He was once mine but I messed up again and now he's gone .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2013, 10:43 PM

4,761 posts, read 14,288,731 times
If all else fails, tell the next guy it will just be a temporary dating situation and give a certain ending date like 6 months! Then have fun and enjoy it while it lasts. And there will be no need to worry because you know it will have an ending date.

I suppose if you really like it, you could then "renew" your "contract" with the guy for an additional 6 months?

Counseling can also help. Look in the yellow pages under counseling. Many county health departments offer low cost counseling as well if you don't have insurance.

Old 02-11-2013, 07:55 AM

111 posts, read 293,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy_J View Post
If all else fails, tell the next guy it will just be a temporary dating situation and give a certain ending date like 6 months! Then have fun and enjoy it while it lasts. And there will be no need to worry because you know it will have an ending date.

I suppose if you really like it, you could then "renew" your "contract" with the guy for an additional 6 months?

Counseling can also help. Look in the yellow pages under counseling. Many county health departments offer low cost counseling as well if you don't have insurance.
That sounds like a good idea. I've never tried that but maybe It would work in my case. Thank you.

Also, I forgot to add that my dad passed away a little over a year ago a month later my ex-bf then and I broke up. It was a hard break-up, unexpected one. I had to grieve for two losses at the same time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology