Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2014, 11:45 PM

6,622 posts, read 4,944,015 times

Advertisements

C'mon! If you read his writings of himself as a teen or older, he had genuine sexual interest in women. I think I've had enough of the deflections re women having any culpability in this and, by extension, bad (less psychotic) outcomes for other lonely men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2014, 11:58 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,828,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
C'mon! If you read his writings of himself as a teen or older, he had genuine sexual interest in women. I think I've had enough of the deflections re women having any culpability in this and, by extension, bad (less psychotic) outcomes for other lonely men.
oh right! He had a bunch of sexual attraction but it was in his head. I personally don't think he was sexually attracted to anyone. I think all of his tapes and writings are baloney. ( Well, I don't want to necessarily diss him as a human being) but I think he was caught up into a falsified, Freudo-Marxism delusional dream that he never really wanted.

Old 05-26-2014, 12:16 AM

1,863 posts, read 4,312,152 times
I fail to see what hiring a prostitute would have done.

Even if he had gotten laid 5 nights out of 7, how would that have changed the hatred he had for his dad, stepmom and younger brother he wanted to kill? Would his obvious racial problems have disappeared into thin air? Would he now be ready for a relationship with one of his college crushes? Lets get real.

Old 05-26-2014, 12:47 AM

854 posts, read 1,145,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houston1963 View Post
I'll chime in here.

And I speak from first hand experience.

I was where this guy was in the late 80's. My frustration boiled over in May of 1990. My weapon of choice was an AR-15. With the .225 exploding tip bullets. The banana clip held 30 bullets. My target was my workplace.

Now, I can take you people into some deep dark places and show you exactly what was going on inside this guy's mind. Rest assured, it will be FAR more accurate than any media speculation or psychobabble.
But I would need assurances from the moderators that there would be no punishment and/or deletions of my posts.

If that isn't the case you can all do this one exercise.

Take out a map of the United States and put it against a wall. Divide into 12 sections, the 4 time zones and north and south. Now, take a dart and throw it in the section closest to where you live.

Where did it land?

There's your next shooting spree.
WTF! It's called a magazine not a clip and AR-15's fire .223 rounds.

Old 05-26-2014, 01:07 AM

854 posts, read 1,145,210 times
One thing I will say is at least people aren't blaming the accessibility of firearms on this incident but rather the deadly assault virgin. I can't believe this is honestly even a discussion. Virgins are no more dangerous than anyone else with mental problems. People who think virgins are weird and dangerous have been brainwashed by Nicki Minaj's crotch show at the Super Bowl whilst guzzling Budweiser and munching on processed corn byproduct. Damn assault virgin's are gonna kill us all with their shyness and bad hygiene. We should all be tested for virginity and banhammered into oblivion if we fail, down with morality and back to Nicki Minaj dry humping catholic priests.

Old 05-26-2014, 01:28 AM

I am reading his 141 page, life experience right now and will maybe finish it in the morning. The very first thing I noticed on the first page is he refers to his dad as Peter and then goes on to say he impregnated his or my mother when he was 26 and his mom Chin was 30. He goes in to great detail about his mother on the first page. I just find that odd.. I personally would never think to say that my dad impregnated my mother on some paper I was writing. We all are born from a male impregnating a female so that right there, tells me he was on the grandiose side. Grandiose as inflated worth, power, or identity... or detached from a reality of isolation. Impregnation is how all life forms start except for the seahorse to where the father gives birth.

Old 05-26-2014, 01:39 AM

377 posts, read 622,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LXXXI View Post
I think there's a lot more to it than him just not getting laid. Ultimately it boils down to there was something SEVERELY damaged in his brain. A neuron wasn't firing or a couple of them were connected that shouldn't have been.

He tried the PUA stuff....he had the knowledge right at his fingertips that could have had him awash in....female attention...for as long as he was willing to wear stupid hats or carry a huge feather or whatever, and be a dancing monkey performing for a treat.

Maybe he read the wrong stuff, concentrated on the hideous shirts and dumb props, and never bothered to delve into the psychology part of it. Maybe he never truly grasped the concept of hypergamy or Briffault's Law.

Who knows?

What I do know is, other posters were right: this society is hypersexualized. And men are conditioned to believe basically from birth that their value is somehow derived from their ability to gain access to a woman's orifices. If they can't do that, they are considered even less human than men already are. The propaganda is constant, and the pressure is from all sides. Whether it's to consciously distract from how men are considered nothing more than disposable work horses or cannon fodder, or that's just a side effect, I don't know. And I don't care to consider it too much because, well, I have a lot better things to do. I've overcome the conditioning, I don't base my value on gaining access to an orifice, and I reject all the bulldrek that society tries to shove down my throat.

It's too bad that this guy obviously couldn't do that. If he'd discovered a few other sites instead of PUAHate, he may have come to understand it all, and found the ability to let go of all the anger and hate. He'd be happily driving his nice car around and spending daddy's money, racing jet skis, partying it up, touring the world, whatever he wanted to do. Instead, he fixated....and it led to his doom. And ended the lives of several other people.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we see more of this kind of thing in the future. There are tens of millions of young men worldwide, with no jobs, no purpose, and no hope. And while they don't yet realize it on a conscious level, they understand deep in their minds that they're not part of the top 2% of men, nor are they the thug criminal types, and so they are unwanted by women. Now combine that with a hypersexualized society that tells them they're nothing if they can't bed a different woman every week, that treats them like they're nothing more than a tool for someone else, that they're all potential rapists and should never be allowed anywhere where there are children or women, that all the problems in the world are THEIR fault, and let them see men portrayed only as idiotic buffoons or violent animals on TV and in movies.

How does this NOT sound like a recipe for disaster?
Interesting post. There are things I certainly agree with here, but others I disagree with. Here's my take:

The real problem in all of this lies in the fact that society collectively overemphasizes the value of a romantic life and being in a relationship. When there are men who simply cannot attract any woman no matter how hard they try, society ridicules and laughs at their struggles by dismissing them as pathetic losers. Not only must these men deal with the difficult fact that they are genetically destined to be universally undesired by the opposite sex and effectively deprived of the companionship/affection most people in relationships take for granted, but they also have to deal with the constant ridicule from these same people on their intrinsic lack of success with the opposite sex. Given all of that, I'd say it takes a great deal of mental fortitude for these men to not only deal with all of that but also be productive and contributing members of society. It's much easier at times to just give up and blow your brains out.

If we could accept the fact that some people (mainly men) are simply not "wired" correctly to be in relationships and procreate, and that society could be more empathetic and encouraging/counseling such individuals into seeking other means of satisfaction in life, then this would be a non-issue. We don't demean people who are simply not wired to excel at certain tasks, so why should that not be extended to the dating world? Why is it society expects everyone to have at least have someone who found them attractive, when that is a biological impossibility?

Old 05-26-2014, 01:57 AM

9,507 posts, read 10,889,424 times
Men who are successful with women are confident and give an appearance of strength. Women want a man who will take care of them and protect them, so those who appear weak and lacking in confidence get less attention. What does this mean??? Women really do like the bad boy who confidently takes risks, and acts confident, even arrogant. Does this mean these men can do a better job of taking care of them??? Yes it does, those who are risk takers and overly confident convince others of their worth too, they consistently do better in the world of work and career. Ever wonder why most bosses are full blown narcissists? Confidence and self absorbed behavior do bring success in almost everything, everything but doing the right thing and being "nice". That does not mean they actually are smarter, better looking or harder working, but it does mean they can convince others they really can do more. This makes all the difference in the world. This is the reality of how the world works, like it or not. In fact its always been this way, and those who are not strong and confident have always had to live with less. Also society has always rejected those who are odd, or unattractive, and this also is nothing new. So why now do so many of these social misfits or unsuccessful people lash out in such violent fashion???? I believe it is because our society now teaches children to make excuses for their failures, teaches them to blame others. In the past our society valued God, had strong moral teachings and expectations, and it had the foundation of a strong family. These things are greatly diminished today, and with their departure young people now have lost their compass. Those who did not do as well in the past dealt with it, as the values I listed helped to ground them. Today with those values gone, they have less self control, stew over their rejection until they lash out in terrible fashion. I believe this is why we see so much of this today, when in the past things like this were rare. In the past there were lots of guns, there was also rejection and bullying but violent outburst like this rarely occurred. Sadly I think this kind of thing will happen again.

Old 05-26-2014, 01:59 AM

377 posts, read 622,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Good article. The manifesto is an idea from LA Fitness killer George Sodini, who was mentioned by some crazies on PUA Hate. Maybe he was behind recent activity in Sodini threads. I think the website has been permanently taken down, and some of its members likely are under investigation. I consider it to have been one of the most truthful sites out there. Unfortunately, the reality of today's dating world can lead men to act badly. I've yet to hear any women nod and seriously say, Maybe we should adjust our behavior. Would you rather this kind of thing happen more and more often? My prediction is that.

Re first male sexual experiences, it's possible they are often with prostitutes, which more shy males seem disinclined to do.
Minus all the crazies and trolls, PUAhate is, in my opinion, a good website that convincingly debunks the myths of PUA and exposes the harsh realities of the dating world. I don't know why the mainstream news organizations are smearing them as nobody (other than perhaps the crazies and trolls) on there would find this tragedy to be justifiable.

It would be a shame if it were actually taken down. A shame, indeed.

Old 05-26-2014, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astute View Post
Interesting post. There are things I certainly agree with here, but others I disagree with. Here's my take:

If we could accept the fact that some people (mainly men) are simply not "wired" correctly to be in relationships and procreate, and that society could be more empathetic and encouraging/counseling such individuals into seeking other means of satisfaction in life, then this would be a non-issue. We don't demean people who are simply not wired to excel at certain tasks, so why should that not be extended to the dating world? Why is it society expects everyone to have at least have someone who found them attractive, when that is a biological impossibility?
His first three victims were males.. so he was dominating the 'alpha male' first. That is who he really despised. He found women to be more incapable ( more on the lines of genetics) of procreating with these alpha males. It matches his thinking on the first page with his mother and father. He sees his father as an alpha male also and continues to make acceptations for his mothers behavior by encountering an alpha male. So, his expression was not really aimed at females, otherwise he would have chosen three female victims first.

This is not rocket science or maybe it is just easy for me to read his brain periodically ( which maybe a counterpoint at times) but I will not be eluted or agree to the psycho-dillusional mass that is beyond rational, but I can enter his brain at eight-five percent without further damage to myself, mentally. The other fifteen percent is off limits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology