Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2014, 01:33 AM

411 posts, read 416,329 times

Advertisements

My theory on this guy is that the virginity thing and even the women he was fixated upon were largely irrelevant. The fact that he wanted a "blonde and beautiful" woman suggests to me that what he really wanted was to increase his standing among other men. Given that he was bullied by his peers, a trophy girlfriend might have seemed like his last hope of lifting his status.

Most young women aren't stupid and many have a sixth sense when it comes to sniffing out creepy narcissists and I'm guessing that's why he was ignored.

( I'm not suggesting in anyway that blonde and beautiful women are merely trophies.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2014, 02:00 AM

854 posts, read 1,141,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildOnions View Post
My theory on this guy is that the virginity thing and even the women he was fixated upon were largely irrelevant. The fact that he wanted a "blonde and beautiful" woman suggests to me that what he really wanted was to increase his standing among other men. Given that he was bullied by his peers, a trophy girlfriend might have seemed like his last hope of lifting his status.

Most young women aren't stupid and many have a sixth sense when it comes to sniffing out creepy narcissists and I'm guessing that's why he was ignored.

( I'm not suggesting in anyway that blonde and beautiful women are merely trophies.)
I wouldn't say most young women have a sixth sense about dating, some young women date men who are narcissist's get used by them and end up with someone who truly cares for them. I have seen a lot of young women used by narcissist's only for sex. Women in their late teens and twenties don't seem to make the best life decisions to me, men too. Look at the divorce rate, it's almost 50% now. Most of them get divorced after they realized that sex was the only thing that attracted them in the first place.

I do agree with you that he was really trying to be accepted by his peers and wasn't really looking for a meaningful relationship. He just wanted to be the object of envy by other men.

Old 05-25-2014, 04:11 AM

2,438 posts, read 2,811,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
You're saying that "nice guys" are like this guy? That is an insult. This was a psychopath. I'm a nice guy who finishes last, and I will NOT be compared to this murderer.
He was an asexual, not a psychopath. (I posted the below in the current events thread because I was unaware this was started in the psychology forum) actually.. even though this is a current event, it's more psychological.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
Nope.. Strongly disagree.

Here is a Utube Video of him in the car..

I'm Awesome - YouTube

Here is the song he is listening to

George Michael Father Figure - YouTube

Here are the words to that song..

"Father Figure"

That's All I Wanted
Something special, something sacred -
In your eyes
For just one moment
To be bold and naked
At your side

Sometimes i think that you'll never
Understand me
Maybe this time is forever..
Say it can be

That's all you wanted
Something special, someone sacred -
In your life
Just for one moment
To be warm and naked
At my side

Sometimes i think that you'll never
Understand me
But something tells me together
We'd be happy

(baby)
I will be your father figure
(oh baby)
Put your tiny hand in mine
(i'd love to)
I will be your preacher teacher
(be your daddy)
Anything you have in mind
(it would make me)
(very happy)
I have had enough of crime
(please let me)
I will be the one who loves you -
Until the end of time

That's all i wanted
But sometimes love can be mistaken
For a crime
That'sail i wanted
Just to see my baby's
Blue eyed shine
This time i think that my lover
Understands me
If we have faith in each other
Then we can be
Strong

I have had enough of crime
I will be the one who toves you
Until the end of time

If you are the desert
I'll be the sea
If you ever hunger -
Hunger for me
Whatever you ask for
That's what i'll be. .

So when you remember the ones who have lied
Who said that they cared
But then laughed as you cried
Beautiful darling
Don't think of me

Because all i ever wanted
It's in your eyes baby, baby
And love can't lie. No...
(greet me with the eyes of a child)
(heaven is a kiss and a smile)
Just hold on, hold on
I won't let you go, my baby

Will be your father figure
Have had enough of crime
So i am gonna love you)
Until the end of time
Will be your father
Will be your preacher
'Ii be your daddy
Will be the one who loves you until the end of time

GEORGE MICHAEL LYRICS - Father Figure

He was looking for a father figure in a woman. He wanted a woman to approach him in male manor... or with male thinking. He had expectations on women to see through him to the facts, basically.. that he was a good looking, educated, well clothed, articulate and a great catch.

He was transgendered ( In my opinion) with a strong degree to asexuality. Asexuality is not having a desire to have sex, but then he turned that around ( or bypassed that issue mentally) and turned towards victimization of himself and viewed women as the problem for that issue. He, himself never asked anyone out and most likely didn't have that desire but after 22 years ( as he stated) he came up with excuses on how it was not his fault for being single..

This thinking is very reverted.

Edit: His outside persona is/was unapproachable by other people. He never wanted to be approached and at the same time, never approached anyone because ASEXUALITY is not wanting to have sex. But, he turned that around and said that the cute blonde women in his college, was/were the problem for him not having sex. Jesus-- he even mentally uncovered the EXPENSIVE sunglasses that George Michael wore in this video.. and bragged about the price tag of the sunglasses he bought ( to impress), in one of his other videos on Utube.

Old 05-25-2014, 05:06 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
This is why no one wants a "nice guy." They claim to be all these great things - "a supreme gentleman" - yet they are none of those.

A gentleman would never gun down a group of people for not liking him.
Perhaps it's that he was the type of person who would do this that turned girls off to him. Sometimes there's a reason why someone isn't liked. Someone who would do this has to be very ugly on the inside and that is not someone anyone in their right mind would be attracted to.

Old 05-25-2014, 05:11 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,201,037 times
People who are blaming PUA or MRA are just as stupid as those who blame rap music on black violence

Old 05-25-2014, 05:59 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,424,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
That whole rant about being an alpha male was chilling. That whole "alpha male " thing is something i read a lot about here on CD. Shivers.

He's actually a fairly attractive guy, so girls must have been creeped out by his personality. He is a sick and twisted individual. He was a member of PUAhate

There are lots of inexperienced virgins males who would never do this thankfully.
There's nothing attractive about a person with a creepy personality. Beauty and attraction are more than skin deep.

Old 05-25-2014, 07:26 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,392,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
There's nothing attractive about a person with a creepy personality. Beauty and attraction are more than skin deep.
I meant his looks are not the reason girls wouldn't like him. He wasn't ugly on the outside. Just like Ted Bundy or the menendez brothers.

Of course his ugliness inside made him abhorrent to women.

Old 05-25-2014, 09:37 AM

708 posts, read 823,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous725 View Post
Elliott Rodger's Manifesto: Scribd

After reading Elliott Rodger's manifesto about being a hopeless virgin who could only have his "blonde & beautiful" girlfriend if he had accumulated millions of dollars of wealth by winning the lottery, it made me think. Is there a certain type of man which can not mix well or have a relationship with a women?

I have a question to all of the males of this board:

Have any of you ever felt like Elliott Rodger, in the terms of hopelessness of finding a girlfriend?

Also two general questions to all members of the board:

What mistakes did Elliott Rodger make in trying to find a girlfriend (other than shooting up a school)?
Why do you think he was unable to make a female relation, or a girlfriend?

-- FROM FORMER THREAD CLOSED by MODERATION TEAM --
You and many others are focusing primarily on the sheer surface of the matter. You are centering your thoughts on the displaced anger. I believe the guy had an untreated mental problem that manifested itself through displaced anger to the nearest target.

Now on a secondary level, I believe his thoughts of idealism, linking self worth to external female validation, believing the fallacy that people spread about virgins being losers and the pedestalization of relationships certainly played a part but, ultimately, without the mental illness all you would be left with was a slightly sexually frustrated guy who blew of some steam complaining about his lack of a gf.

I wonder why people insist on focusing on the prickly leaves of the tree while completely ignoring the poisonous roots. One cannot exist without the other.

Old 05-25-2014, 09:40 AM

537 posts, read 769,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildOnions View Post

This x1000.

Old 05-25-2014, 09:45 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpsTN View Post
Agreed. This IS an oversexed society and it DOES lead to a lot of problems. I am 45 years old. I was a virgin until age 31, and the Earth didn't crack!! I am now married, 11 years, and have an 8yo son. Life doesn't have to start in HS, people.

Charles Sands
It's not a sex thing. It's about people who are never hugged, or nobody ever holds their hand. Or when you do express caring, you get rejection in return.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology