Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2014, 09:26 AM

1,690 posts, read 2,064,943 times

Advertisements

Don't ask me to explain why, but I've always embraced shortness as awesomeness. Then I go to forums and see short girls match with tall guys a foot taller than them.

Tall girls searching for tall guys they can't find, and short guys complaining they can't get both types of girls.

Then on Korean forum, you have talk of how they want the kids to be a certain height by mixing and matching the parent height.

Well, I am a short guy and I am with a short girl and not only do I love it, I embrace shortness. I feel bad that the social pressures aren't fair on short people, especially short guys, but also short women.

I guess this could go in a psychology or relationships forum but I think it belongs here because I want to hear stories from couples in a relationship where the girl and guy are both shorter than average

Specifically girls 5'2" and shorter
Guys 5'5" and shorter
Or at least just both under 5'5"

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2014, 09:37 AM

526 posts, read 900,528 times
5'1" female -- people were always trying to pair me with short guys cuz we'd "look so cute together". Hated that! avoided short guys like crazy! ended up with a 5'5" guy (RIP) - we built a cabin & saved $ having lower than average ceilings, I felt I could look him straight in the eyes. married to 6' guy now -- he will unintentionally put things up too high, I have stools all over the house

Old 08-14-2014, 09:49 AM

Mod cut: comment no longer needed; thread moved.

I do find that people are nice and not nice in all shapes and sizes. But it really bothers me when anyone belittles or downplays the value of shorter people. One trait I find is very common in the shorter people is honesty, and they put up with a lot. Modeling agencies that exclude them when they fully qualify, people who think they can't play basketball, I just want to even the playing field. To even the playing field, short people need their turn too to get championed.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-14-2014 at 10:04 AM..

Old 08-14-2014, 10:05 AM

Also, I got to experience being extremely short before I reached adult height of being slightly short. I miss being extremely short. It doesn't seem precedented for a male to say this but yes I liked being little. It gave me identity, it equated me with being the underdog, the little engine that could, the grassroots voice, the one who could squeeze through the hole in the fence when the school was closed...to get the frisbee out of the schoolyard

Old 08-14-2014, 10:10 AM

44,392 posts, read 20,120,186 times
I'm just shy of 5'2" The shortest guy I dated was 5'3". I loved that I could look him straight in the eye instead of craning my neck to look up at him! I've dated a couple others around 5'6" and that worked find, too.

Height never really mattered to me, though. I care a lot more about what's inside. I know some short men who are giants when it comes to character and personality.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 08-14-2014, 10:38 AM

11,168 posts, read 8,003,842 times
At 5'2"... I have to look up to just about everyone. Kind of hard to NOT date taller. My guy is 6'5", but I didn't choose him because of his height, I picked him because he's an all around awesome man.
I have dated shorter guys... Heights not been an issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology