Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2015, 08:09 PM

356 posts, read 365,486 times

Advertisements

Idk but I feel like I stand out......I feel the look from people I don't try to...but I don't try to be like everyone else...family and friends tell me all the hotties are looking at you??? when ever I go to the store or what ever...always been a shy dude, that feels weird...so I don't know when a girl is flirting or what ever. I'm mexican listen to hard rock and rap and choose to be original....my little rants I guess....usually keeps my feelings to myself....mysterious am I?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2015, 02:36 AM

5,406 posts, read 3,602,806 times
I KNOW I stand out "once seen never forgotten" and the amount of people that stare at me!!

Old 04-04-2015, 07:32 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
Since Ive got older Ive become invisible.. buses run past me.. people dont bother if they bang into me and checkout assissants keep gabbing to the one in front as if Im not waiting ... so you think you have problems hahaha

Old 04-04-2015, 09:54 AM

50,786 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Since Ive got older Ive become invisible.. buses run past me.. people dont bother if they bang into me and checkout assissants keep gabbing to the one in front as if Im not waiting ... so you think you have problems hahaha
I've experienced that, but mainly in younger people/kids (I'm 53)....I call it the "Cloak of Invisibility", and I prefer to think of it as a superpower. I feel like I can get away with more wearing my "cloak", for instance I could walk into the movies carrying a cooler and the kids working there wouldn't notice me. So take advantage of it, and have fun with it.

In general though I am a very "out in front" kind of person, very animated and bubbly, and I don't feel the slightest invisible with people over 25, I still have convos with strangers every where I go and people remember me.

Old 04-08-2015, 07:02 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PachucodeOro View Post
Idk but I feel like I stand out......I feel the look from people I don't try to...but I don't try to be like everyone else...family and friends tell me all the hotties are looking at you??? when ever I go to the store or what ever...always been a shy dude, that feels weird...so I don't know when a girl is flirting or what ever. I'm mexican listen to hard rock and rap and choose to be original....my little rants I guess....usually keeps my feelings to myself....mysterious am I?
Become some kinda "artist"… it's a socially acceptable "handle" that helps folks relate to, or at least accept, your "otherness" (aka, "oh yeah, he's OK, he's just an Artist")!

Old 04-09-2015, 04:01 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
I stand out through my height.

Sometimes it is annoying because I can never hide.

Sometimes I play with it and put on heels, that make me 6'2" and I enjoy the looks. I live in an area with lots of hispanics who are much shorter. Funny how they look at me, some kids even point fingers.

I am very quiet in person so this is my way of standing out, I guess.

Old 04-10-2015, 02:35 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,415,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PachucodeOro View Post
Most people who are themselves and "own it" usually do stand out.

It's usually people who try to be someone else who don't stand out. Why? Because they try too hard to disown who they are, and *yawn,* appear mediocre and boring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology