Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 10:16 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,855,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
^ ^ Interesting how the female perspective on the "Friend Zone" issue always seems to assume that the problem is with the guy, who simply isn't being "mature" enough to accept a 'platonic' relationship.

Although funny how that POV changes when "the shoe is on the other foot"…!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3oF8Po4qWc
You're gonna use a clip from a Hollywood movie that depicts the reaction of a deeply disturbed woman as representative of how most women would react to being "friend-zoned" (it's such a stupid, juvenile term, but I'll use it here)? Good grief. It's worth mentioning, though, that Glen Close's character in that movie had already had a sexual relationship with Michael Douglas' character, so even though she's clearly crazy, she hadn't been "friend-zoned."

I'm quite certain that if I were attracted to a guy who told me that he was not interested in pursuing a relationship with me, but that he enjoyed my company and would like to be friends with me, I could and would accept that. I would enjoy a friendship with him. If I were interested in him, then he'd be an intelligent, quality, fun guy. Why on earth wouldn't I want to have a friend like that in my life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 10:29 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,471,994 times
^ ^ I rest my case (…lol)!

Old 03-27-2015, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
^ ^ I rest my case (…lol)!
What "case" would that be? And why do you feel the need to insult?

Old 03-27-2015, 10:39 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,471,994 times
^ ^ Sorry if you misunderstand, I'm just not interested in that kinda relationship. Can't we be "mature" about this?

Old 03-27-2015, 10:45 AM

19,700 posts, read 12,279,826 times
Friend-zoned is a stupid expression. What's funny is that it is usually the guy who starts the friend-zoning by pretending to be a friend when he has other intentions. When it doesn't work then he blames the girl for fz'ing him!

Old 03-27-2015, 10:49 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,191,979 times
Why its hard for some men to be just FRIENDS with an attractive woman ?

We know it's highly unlikely for a guy to be "just friends" w/ someone he's attracted to.

Honestly if I had a dime for every guy who I thought just wanted to "be my friend" --
I'd be pretty wealthy.

In fact I have a guy who shoots me texts...he's a long time acquaintance, not even a friend in my book.
It's gone from 'how are you today'?
To 'I need to take you out & buy you something sexy for when I take you out'....
He's suddenly taking it upon himself to think I'd be interested.
I can't stand how presumptuous that is.

I'm very careful about who I'm truly "friends" with because of this exact thing.

Old 03-27-2015, 10:58 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,751,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Professional View Post
Why?
Not hard, got plenty of good looking female friends that I never hit on. Once you get to know them enough, I'm glad that I'm just a friend.

Old 03-27-2015, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Not hard, got plenty of good looking female friends that I never hit on. Once you get to know them enough, I'm glad that I'm just a friend.

Hmm. I see. So the only reason you're willing to be just "friends" with these women is because they're - what? - high maintenance? High drama? Crazy bi*ches?

Last year I met and became brief friends with a guy I thought was very nice, intelligent, and yes, attractive. I really enjoyed his company and conversation. But I didn't think we were compatible, romantically. And the truth is, we weren't, which he would have understood had he considered it more rationally. But, even though he DOES have other female friends he hangs out with regularly, he was not interested in being MY friend.

I haven't spoken to him since. So much for him being a nice guy and for all those qualities he said he admired in me. HIS decision just proves to me that MY judgment (to not become involved with him intimately) was correct, because he's obviously not the quality guy I thought he was.

Old 03-27-2015, 11:56 AM

29,759 posts, read 34,459,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Friend-zoned is a stupid expression. What's funny is that it is usually the guy who starts the friend-zoning by pretending to be a friend when he has other intentions. When it doesn't work then he blames the girl for fz'ing him!
Exactly. If the friend zone is really a thing, most of the time the guys do it to themselves. Not every woman is going to be attracted to or available to every guy she meets. She may very well think that he's a great person as a friend, but has no interest in sleeping with him. If a dude hangs around her like a puppy dog resentfully hoping that she'll change her mind or see the light or whatever, he has no one to blame for that but himself.

Old 03-27-2015, 11:57 AM

765 posts, read 987,994 times
From my experience the only woman MOST guys could be true friends is some who is definitely not high maintenance and acts more manly then woman.
This woman never dressed like a woman at all dressed like a man no make up no girly nothing woman.

Played Video Games
Talked man stuff like boxing, servers, computers, transformers, dragon ball z, has bulked up muscles kinda,
Football season, Beer night, Metalworking, construction, and all other man stuff......

I met someone like this and she was the most easiest person I could talk to with no sexual intentions

Yet when the high maintenance woman comes then some of the guys have trouble talking?

Why the hell does that happen?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology