Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2016, 04:48 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times

Advertisements

I can't keep a grill lit. I live in the driest climate in the US. I had a half a bag of charcoal and a half a can of lighter fluid.

Kept going out. Happens every. single. time. I just wanted to grill a burger.

Someone else flicks a cigarette and half of California goes up in flames.

I'd be the worst arsonist ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2016, 06:17 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,313,615 times
My dog flipped the switch for my heated seats, and I didn't notice. My rear got too hot for summertime.

Old 08-25-2016, 06:37 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
My dog flipped the switch for my heated seats, and I didn't notice. My rear got too hot for summertime.
I call those contraptions "rump roasters."

In a similar vein, on our recent road trip, something was wrong with the blue tooth bidness in the truck. So we were stuck for HOURS in the vehicle having to listen to the freaking RADIO, whatever that is. Then suddenly, the blue tooth bidness started working, but it was turned up way too high and nearly busted our ear drums.

Plus my husband is weird about my playlists. He gets surly if we have to listen to "my" music for very long.

Old 08-25-2016, 07:56 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
The kids are back in school so now I have to empty the dishwasher myself.

Old 08-25-2016, 08:13 AM

1,394 posts, read 1,259,079 times
Should I take a nap now or wait until later? Should I take 2 naps today or just one and fill up on some vitamins and coffee?

Old 08-25-2016, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
My husband and I went to the KitchenAid factory and factory store, which was like a little taste of heaven (and possibly the only taste I will ever have). We spent beaucoup dollars. As luck would have it, I found a $20 kettle in a particular blue and fell in love with it, so I matched up the MUCH more expensive mixer with this $20 blue kettle. We proceeded to buy attachments, pots and pans, you name it - so much fabulous stuff that the staff had to take our goods out to the truck on a dolly.

We were on a road trip from Ohio to Texas, so we didn't unpack anything till we got home several days later.

Wouldn't you know it - they forgot to pack up the KETTLE. And yes, they charged us for it - it's on the long, elaborate receipt.

So I called them and explained that they hadn't packed the kettle and I wanted them to send me a blue one. I mean, we bought so much stuff, surely they don't think I'm trying to pull a fast one over a $20 kettle, right? But I get this suspicious, obstinate, oppositional person on the phone - a person, by the way, whose voice could be a man's voice - or a woman's voice - I couldn't tell, so I will call that person "Pat."

Me: "blah blah blah...so the kettle was never put in our vehicle, and we just now realized it because we just unpacked everything."

Pat: "Well, that's a problem, because when we forget to put something in a customer's car" (wait a minute - this is a TYPICAL issue???) "we always put it up near the cash register."

Long silence. Then I say:

Me: "So is there a blue kettle up by your cash register?" (Why do I even have to ask that?)

Pat: (Sigh) "Let me go see." (Long silence.)

Pat: (Huffing) "Yes, there is a kettle up here by the cash register. Did you say you saw the kettle in the box? Because there's nothing on the box which indicates what color the kettles are." (Yeah, right - I don't believe that but whatever - surely people who are buying a KitchenAid kettle don't depend on luck of the draw when it comes to the color.)

Me: "Listen. I saw a blue kettle. The salesperson took it out of the box in order for me to match up my FOUR HUNDRED DOLLAR MIXER with that particular blue. That was the kettle I bought."

Pat: "Well, this kettle was closed up in a box, and it's a red one."

Me: "Then that's not the kettle I want. I want a blue one."

Pat: "Well, this is a problem because I can't go opening up every box trying to find you a blue one - and besides that, they're not $20, they're $39."

Me: (Starting to feel the urge to kill) "Pat. Listen to me. I don't know what the salesperson did with the BLUE KETTLE that I bought Saturday. I don't know what BLUE KETTLES cost today. All I know is that I bought a BLUE KETTLE FOR $20 SATURDAY and it is clearly notated on the receipt that I have IN MY HAND AT THIS MOMENT. However, the salesperson who packed up our order and loaded it into our car FORGOT TO PUT THE BLUE KETTLE INTO OUR CAR. So, I want you to send me a BLUE KETTLE IN THE MAIL TODAY."

(Long silence.)

Pat: "I can send you a kettle but I can't promise you that it will be a blue one because I am not allowed to open up a bunch of boxes just to see what color the kettles inside are."

Me: (Head exploding) "Pat. Please understand this. I spent FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS on a mixer that I matched up with the BLUE KETTLE. I don't care about your policy about opening boxes. I don't care about where the salesperson put or didn't put the BLUE KETTLE I BOUGHT SATURDAY. I don't care what kettles cost today because on Saturday, they cost $20. All I need for you to do is send me a BLUE KETTLE today."

Pat: "Well, OK. But if you don't like it, you need to understand that you're stuck with it."

(Yeah, right - it better be blue and it better be in excellent condition.)

Honestly.
I just had to update this.

This just came in the mail from KitchenAid. GEE, I WONDER WHAT COLOR THE KETTLE IS INSIDE THIS BOX?

Yes. A blue one. IMAGINE THAT.

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 02-07-2020 at 07:17 AM..

Old 08-25-2016, 09:28 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,697,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 124c41 View Post
I struggle to decide if I should sleep in socks or not tonight? The stress is maddening.
Do what I do. Sleep with one sock on. It's the best of both worlds. If I get warm under the covers, I can just stick my sock-less foot out and it acts like a heat sink. Too cold and I can pull it back in.

My wife sometimes makes fun of me if I walk around with just the one sock on, but she has to be careful. One time she did so, she was wearing her nightshirt inside out.

Karma.

Old 08-25-2016, 11:06 AM

3,550 posts, read 1,549,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I just had to update this.

This just came in the mail from KitchenAid. GEE, I WONDER WHAT COLOR THE KETTLE IS INSIDE THIS BOX?

Yes. A blue one. IMAGINE THAT.
Ha! Glad it worked out. It would have been a tragedy to have received any other color.

Old 08-25-2016, 12:43 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,195,836 times
My favorite First World Problem is being able to have a "bad hair day" even though I'm bald.

Old 08-25-2016, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinaCarlotta View Post
Ha! Glad it worked out. It would have been a tragedy to have received any other color.
Yes. A first world tragedy of epic proportions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology