Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2016, 03:06 PM

112 posts, read 103,505 times

Advertisements

Ok, ever since I was a little girl I have had problems being organized
and sometimes when I am stressed out I cant clean.
My apt is clean and not dirty, but my room gets weird.
And I make a mess every time I get dressed.
I want to throw everything out!
I am actually into minimalism, but I do have tons of clothes...
I feel like maybe it is my inner emotional turmoil..
does anyone else deal with this?
I am sorry if there is another topic on this, I didnt see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2016, 03:37 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Are you a compulsive clothes shopper? Do you shop to cheer yourself up? Try spending a weekend or two weeding through your clothes, and culling some of the excess items to give to Goodwill or a local charity.

Old 03-15-2016, 04:24 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,892,275 times
Some people say your most personal physical spaces represent your inner self.

Old 03-17-2016, 03:12 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,179,420 times
We cannot possibly know why you can't keep your room clean or why you leave turmoil in your room when you dress. How can you be "into" minimalism when you have "tons of clothers?"

Are you a teenager? Are you going through some stress with school or family? Could that be the reason? How are your grades?

If you are an adult, then I suspect that if you really want to understand yourself, you will need to find counseling.

Old 03-18-2016, 01:11 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,306,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerciChoi View Post
Ok, ever since I was a little girl I have had problems being organized
and sometimes when I am stressed out I cant clean.
My apt is clean and not dirty, but my room gets weird.
And I make a mess every time I get dressed.
I want to throw everything out!
I am actually into minimalism, but I do have tons of clothes...
I feel like maybe it is my inner emotional turmoil..
does anyone else deal with this?
I am sorry if there is another topic on this, I didnt see it.

You know what? I know a LOT of women who do this, including myself. I have a niece who keeps an impeccable house, but one day I ended up in her bedroom (following her little son), and I was aghast at the state of her bedroom. I think we subconsciously do this because our bedrooms are out of sight and we care less, but it's definitely weird. Me, I have these big PILES by the end of the week, I clean it up, only to be replaced by another pile. While I don't like it, apparently it doesn't bother me enough to care.

You're not alone, that's for sure.

Old 03-19-2016, 03:56 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,179,420 times
My mom did this as she got ever more demented. She had piles of clothes laid across her bathtub, as I recall. And she tended not to put other clothes away. She even had her cleaning lady do her laundry. But for a younger person to do this, I don't know.

If it drives the OP crazy, she will need to find a way to help herself put things away and not drag them out and leave them laying around.

Old 03-19-2016, 04:07 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,777,024 times
I used to have a problem with keeping my room clean when I had too much stuff. I moved and got rid of 4/5 of my things and it's much easier to keep it clean now. I hate clutter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology