Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 05:26 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times

Advertisements

I get a lot of laughs from the political group here and some chuckles from other places that I hang out where so many disagree and do the best to attack. Glad I can get those laughs as being alone gives me a reason to laugh.

Cute doggie youtube, and I'm sure graphics,, too staged. But I laughed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2017, 05:29 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,651,220 times
Why do you think lol is a thing?

Old 06-30-2017, 05:49 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,787,522 times
Oh my gawd, ALL the time. I find myself entertaining, even if no one else does.

I saw a meme a few weeks ago that said, "When you think it's going to be easy peasy lemon squeezy. But then it's difficult, difficult, lemon difficult." It made me laugh SO hard that I actually kinda hurt myself. And now all I have to do is think of it and I start giggling like a doof.

Part of my job as an artist involves making these snarky cards and trinket boxes. If I can make myself laugh, I know that it will make someone else laugh, too. Sometimes I get SO absurd, though, that I think I confuse people. But there are always at least a few people who "get it," so that's all that matters.

It's good to make yourself laugh!

Old 06-30-2017, 06:02 PM

564 posts, read 448,813 times
Absolutely! And Schopenhauer has never seen puppies, cub bears, penguins and tons of animals play? Just because they're not saying ha-ha??

Old 06-30-2017, 07:09 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,787,522 times
I saw a crow picking on a squirrel last week and I swear, that crow was laughing his face off. He kept dropping twigs and sticks onto the squirrel just to get a rise out of it (and it worked every time. Squirrels are so jumpy!) The crow sat up on a limb in the tree just caw caw cawing like it was giggling. The same crows bring me little gifts once in awhile because I feed them every day. One day a crow left a round rock for me right next to all my painting supplies. They're smart! I know they have senses of humor.

Old 06-30-2017, 07:56 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,894,623 times
I cant believe you said that! When my kid was 8 years old he said "Ya know mom, you can't make a dog laugh".

He was big on "making people laugh". They didn't appreciate it at school. LOL

Yes I laugh alone all the time.

Old 06-30-2017, 07:59 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,894,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
I saw a crow picking on a squirrel last week and I swear, that crow was laughing his face off. He kept dropping twigs and sticks onto the squirrel just to get a rise out of it (and it worked every time. Squirrels are so jumpy!) The crow sat up on a limb in the tree just caw caw cawing like it was giggling. The same crows bring me little gifts once in awhile because I feed them every day. One day a crow left a round rock for me right next to all my painting supplies. They're smart! I know they have senses of humor.
They say they're SUPER SMART! Like primates.

Crows may be as intelligent as apes, scientists say

Cute story.

Old 06-30-2017, 08:11 PM

8,172 posts, read 6,924,107 times
Yes, definitely.

The best thing is waking up laughing. It's rare, but when it happens it is the happiest, most fun laughter ever.

Old 06-30-2017, 08:45 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,626 posts, read 17,961,729 times
I agree with those who say animals laugh. Primates CERTAINLY laugh, that's not debatable. My smartest dog, a cairn terrier/dachshund mix/ certainly knew humor. He'd do something incredibly smart and funny, and then cut his eyes at me and make eye contact.

And yes, I laugh really loud when I'm alone if there's something funny.

Nickerman, thanks for starting this thread. Very interesting!

Old 06-30-2017, 08:53 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,471,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
I often laugh when I'm alone, because I crack myself up sometimes. According to my husband, I also laugh a lot in my sleep. As far as animals laughing - I'm not sure if they do or not, but this dog seems to be really enjoying listening to the music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBluUZ4NnZg
This is amazing! He just bobs his head on the beat! LOL I laughed at this. I also laugh when my dogs do something funny. Also, my dog will dance with me and we have lots of fun together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology