Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 12:45 PM

2 posts, read 1,970 times

Advertisements

Got to be when the night before I said to my friends I liked this girl then came to school the next day and realised they had told everyone and everyone laughed at me ,quite embarrassing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2017, 01:10 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,788,986 times
Don't worry... that embarrassing moment will be replaced with bigger and more embarrassing moments as you get older!

One of my most embarrassing moments was after I had abdominal surgery. I was in Walmart out of sheer necessity... it was the only place open late and I needed supplies. My husband and I were slowly making our way through the store. I was in misery and kind of bent over my cart. One of the employees cut in front of me and actually stopped my cart from moving, causing the handle to push into my abdomen. It hurt so shockingly bad that I saw all these little white sparkles in my eyes. Then I yelled, "Who does that? Our employees MAKE THE DIFFERENCE!" at the back of the employee's head. I took a few steps and passed out. I guess the cart kind of kept me from fully face-planting because I didn't get too badly hurt. When I came to, I was sitting on a bench near checkout. I saw a group of teenage boys walking toward me and in my drugged up brain, I thought it was their fault that I was in pain, so I started making a fist! I was going to beat them all up. My poor husband jumped up and practically carried me out of the store.

Old 07-24-2017, 01:18 PM

23,310 posts, read 18,852,325 times
Oh there have been several tied for that little award over the years.

While getting a tour of a US Coast Guard cutter my feet slipped off the boarding ladder and I took a trip into the 38 degree water below. At least there was a group of highly trained, helpful, handsome young coasties right on hand to drag me up onto the dock like a hooked halibut.

While on the job (in full uniform) a park ranger and I hauled their patrol boat (it had Ranger Patrol decals all over it) to a public launch ramp where a bunch of boaters were waiting to launch. Right as we drove into the parking lot the trailer winch failed, the boat slid backwards off the trailer onto the pavement. The boat sat there blocking the road for an hour. Not one of the fishermen dared to approach us...they just stared at our official looking rig.

While participating in a high school drill team I was persuaded to try out for a squad leader position so the only other candidate had some competition. I misunderstood the try-out directions and performed something completely wrong in front of a group of judges and an audience. Their surprised looks and the laughter of the audience made me realize my mistake and I just about crawled out the door on my knees.

Last edited by Parnassia; 07-24-2017 at 02:06 PM..

Old 07-24-2017, 01:57 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,788,986 times
Oh boy, I was just thinking about the time my friend and I went to The Big Island of Hawaii. We were happily floating in the water at a beach, just bobbing around. Suddenly, everyone starting running OUT of the water, toward the beach. My friend and I looked at each other like, "What? What's happening?" And then all the surfers and boogie-boarders came running INTO the water. We still didn't pick up on what in the heck was happening. But by that time, the huge, rogue wave coming in grabbed us both, spun us in circles, upside down, under water. We were like a couple of little pebbles being tossed around. A rock hit me in the head, I scraped my scalp on the bottom and my head was bleeding! We smashed into each other a few times.

Just when I thought I couldn't hold my breath for one more minute, I got thrown up onto the beach. My swim suit had gotten "rearranged," to put it mildly. My left boob was popped out and I had quite a plumber's crack situation happening with the bottom of the suit. A woman walking the beach said, "Dear, your bosoms are out." And I was like, "Yeah, whatever. My brain is not where it's supposed to be, either!"

And then my friend came hobbling up the beach with so much sand in her swimsuit that the crotch was down past her knees. She just burst out laughing and said, "Let's do that again!"

I learned that when the locals all are rushing to get OUT of the water, I should probably do the same! I'll never forget seeing all these surf boarders cruising over the top of me as rocks were flying at my head. Someone, somewhere has a photo of me sitting like a water-logged,over-sized toddler on the beach with blood running down my face and my boob out, looking around in a daze, I'm sure.

Old 07-25-2017, 11:58 AM

2,790 posts, read 1,644,793 times
I'm a lady and my period is irregular, so I never know when it'll come.

I was visiting someone and my period decided to come that day. I bled on her WHITE sofa. No, I didn't have a pad with me.

Gross. I apologized profusely and even offered to buy her a new sofa, but she was nice enough to say she'll buy a new one herself, but I do not want to know what went through her mind and how grossed out she was.

Old 07-25-2017, 12:16 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,458,170 times
the typical, beach body surfing and my bottoms decided to catch another wave, without me!

Try yelling from waves crashing to a shore person to bring you a towel!

A cute one that my son loves to tell - He was 15 at the time, we went to get him a tailored suit for his debut in Washington dc for a national Contest. After about an hour, the tailor told us to enjoy a brunch next door and he would gather some of the garment material for us to decide. So off we go...as we are getting prepared to sit down at this well to do establishment, people were gawking at me. I dismissed it as we were strangers in a strange town. My son is smirking the entire time! As I go to sit down, this cloth pounces down my chest...He had placed this gawdy tie around my neck at the tailor shop (I had been unaware)

I was mortified at first, then we both laughed til tears came out! The patrons seemed to then get it that my son had played a prank. Sometimes those embarrassing moments become bonding moments...for my son that was one of them.

Old 07-25-2017, 12:24 PM

1,748 posts, read 1,296,640 times
To describe the most embarassing moment of my life.

Old 07-26-2017, 04:09 AM

2,913 posts, read 2,049,941 times
I'm even too embarrassed to post it here where I am "anonymous".

Old 07-26-2017, 07:55 AM

3,302 posts, read 3,028,242 times
My new husband was taking me to meet his elderly cousin at her home for the first time. She was very important to him, and I wanted to make a good impression for his sake. Before even meeting her, I was aware right off the bat that she was very dubious about me because I was not of their faith and my DH and I had married after only knowing each other a short time.

The visit was very stilted. I kept trying, but her monosyllabic replies to my every conversational gambit made it clear that she didn't care for me or for the situation. After a tense hour or so, my DH and I got up to leave. He gave her a hug and kissed her on the cheek. I intended to do the same, but somehow my timing was off, and instead of the quick peck on the cheek I was going for, I ended up kissing her full on the mouth. She immediately turned away and made this disgusted hissing sound that I will never forget. I could not get out of there fast enough.

After that first visit, she would phone my husband and chat with him, but she never asked about me or even mentioned my existence again. (Since he and I just celebrated our 26th anniversary and everyone still alive on my DH's side of the family thinks highly of me for sticking with him through thick and thin--and there was a LOT of thin--I would like to take this opportunity to say a big "Hah!" to her, wherever she might now be.)

Old 07-26-2017, 08:08 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,697,594 times
At seventeen, I was visiting Jamaica with others as part of a youth missions team. We were dropped off in the small town of Duanvale to restore a one-room school house. The first night we arrived, we attended a gathering at the local church. During the gathering, we were all standing and holding hands in a circle.

Now, I was 17 years-old. Sometimes hormones have a mind of their own. For some reason I am unsure of, my, uh, manly parts decided all of my blood needed to flow there.

In church.

During a youth mission.

And yeah, everyone noticed.

Ugggh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology