Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 11:01 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,760,060 times

Advertisements

OP: You got a lot of good suggestions for YOURSELF. Your husband is married to the bottle it sounds like. My mother's husband was too but her 3 children took a huge place in her life and she stayed in that marriage 63 yrs until her death.

It's not been mentioned but get to Alanon group and get active with this group of people in the same boat, living with addiction.

I ended up married to a person who loved the bottle as did my daughter. Both are ex husbands are dead. And the Program saved our lives.

You are not old by any stretch of the imagination. I don't feel real old at 79, getting older of course, but a good mind. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and take actions. As far as hating everything, there is so MUCH GOODNESS out there. Change Your Mind....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2017, 11:06 AM

30,896 posts, read 36,965,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo775 View Post
I am so miserable everyday. I hate my job, my husband has no interest in me.
I'm old (almost 43) no kids so no purpose (as I always hear from friends who think the only purpose is to have kids). The only thing that keeps me somewhat functioning each day is walking 2 or 3 miles and/or 30 minute on the elliptical. I've tried meds nothing works. Talking to someone doesn't help either.
I don't know how much longer I can handle this. Everyday all I feel is anger. I used to feel like crying but I have trouble even doing that anymore. I feel so ugly (even though I've always been told I'm pretty) I always put on makeup but now just do it so people don't ask if I'm sick. I'm on thyroid meds, cholesterol meds and just feel old and sick and depressed and hate everything.
Part of this could be related to nutrition. You may have zinc deficiency:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZkbkySTbdk

Old 09-19-2017, 11:13 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,760,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Part of this could be related to nutrition. You may have zinc deficiency:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZkbkySTbdk
There are many deficiencies we could be suffering with. Even being on the WRONG thyroid med and incorret dose. This is a big one. Vit D is big in our population re: deficiency.

Old 09-19-2017, 11:16 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,102,165 times
At least you have a husband.

Old 09-19-2017, 11:23 AM

305 posts, read 331,021 times
You think it's better to have a husband you aren't happy with or be single? I don't really have any interest in finding someone else and going through tons of rejection but don't want to be alone either.

Old 09-19-2017, 11:28 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
You think it's better to have a husband you aren't happy with or be single? I don't really have any interest in finding someone else and going through tons of rejection but don't want to be alone either.
Would you care to address any of the posts in this thread containing advice on how to take care of your body and mind?

Old 09-19-2017, 11:39 AM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,816 times
Quote:
OP~

Have you had your hormone level's checked. Believe me, it's actually very common for peri-menopausal symptoms to affect your impressions of just about everything you interact with. During this time, the fluctuations cause mood swings and the swings often swing further and further both sides.. but it's the negative often hits the hardest! Also, self-worth suffers because unbeknown to you.. you subconsciously blame yourself and your inability to deal with daily interactions. Self-esteem goes down, and eventually sadness leads to anger.. including getting those dreaded hackles at your neck!

I recall believing that light turned red because it knew I was coming.. response would be fuming at red light then gunning the engine when green light happened!! Slowly I became aware of it.. and started to meditate in order to get more centred then decided to get hormone's checked. Sure enough.. I found out I had levels indicative of hormonal depletions (imbalance) and for short period went on replacements. I too was young.. in fact younger than yourself.. so my Dr. was sceptical and was shocked when saw those results!!

Anyway, Please do try to be more proactive surrounding yourself .. Try to see both sides of things.. always look for the upside because isolating yourself is NOT helpful and actually escalates the symptoms!! Best of luck though.

Old 09-19-2017, 11:53 AM

518 posts, read 1,053,082 times
Quote:
I am so miserable everyday. I hate my job, my husband has no interest in me.
I'm old (almost 43) no kids so no purpose (as I always hear from friends who think the only purpose is to have kids). The only thing that keeps me somewhat functioning each day is walking 2 or 3 miles and/or 30 minute on the elliptical. I've tried meds nothing works. Talking to someone doesn't help either.
I don't know how much longer I can handle this. Everyday all I feel is anger. I used to feel like crying but I have trouble even doing that anymore. I feel so ugly (even though I've always been told I'm pretty) I always put on makeup but now just do it so people don't ask if I'm sick. I'm on thyroid meds, cholesterol meds and just feel old and sick and depressed and hate everything.
I take Thyroid meds too and I can relate. Have you any pets or thought about getting any? It really helps (if you like them). I got a few yrs on you, but I know where you're coming from.

Old 09-19-2017, 12:05 PM

2,159 posts, read 1,665,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post
At least you have a husband.

I hope this was meant to be a joke

Old 09-19-2017, 12:34 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
So what's stopping you from changing your life? I don't think a pill is going to fix your unhappiness. I went through this with one of my besties. Her husband had prostate cancer in his early 49's which ended their sex life. He now has leukemia and is difficult to live with. There is no affection and really no love at all. She gave up a good paying job because his promotion at the same place made him her boss, and she had to quit. He was since fired from the position which left them in a terrible bind. She became paralyzed emotionally. After years of trying to get her out of the house to do something she finally took my advice. She took a job for very little pay, but one that makes her happy. She also took a trip recently with two of her children to visit a friend in California. She's a different person now. Years of pills and visiting a therapist didn't do much to help her. The bottom line is that we are all solely responsible for our happiness. Change your life. Find the courage and make yourself happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology