Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 03:24 PM

13,287 posts, read 8,482,644 times

Advertisements

That my (ummm..) active married couple that live on the 2nd floor are going to visit me some night...Via means of gravity. I'm too embarressed to request that they be a bit mindfull of their bouncy bed behavior. !

I've already tried the ear plugs...It's embarrassing when I have a dinner party and someone will mention the ceiling vibration followed by the guys grunts.
So I worry about three being a crowd. I'm a victim of ceiling noises!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2017, 05:22 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,633,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeySam View Post
And what caused you not to be worried anymore

I worried that after having a cough for 4 days , there was something seriously wrong with me
I have anxiety issues, so I worry about lots of things. Either I deal with the issue, keep worrying about it, or I take a Xanax.

Old 11-10-2017, 05:25 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,443,360 times
What other people thought about superficial crap.
Now I'm older and wiser and don't give a rat's arse.

Old 11-10-2017, 05:27 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,988,583 times
I was worried that Trump would become the next Hitler. I needn't have worried; he's too impulsive and stupid to plan that well.

Old 11-10-2017, 06:04 PM

2,197 posts, read 2,331,921 times
I was born into a cult. I always worried that I would make god mad and he'd kill me during Armageddon.

Yeah, it was cray cray.

Old 11-11-2017, 07:19 AM

5,457 posts, read 4,073,411 times
I used to have anxiety so bad it bordered on delusion at times. Like, once my stepson was driving up to visit me and his dad, about a 150 mile drive and he was just 18, so he was bringing a friend. I could NOT get it out of my head that they were going to murder us. Even though I had known SS since he was 5 and he is the nicest person you could want to know.
I KNEW it was crazy to think about it but I couldn't stop. Of course they didn't murder us (as I recall, his friend slept about 18 hours a day) and shortly after that I started taking meds for anxiety, which helped tremendously.

Old 11-11-2017, 08:30 AM

88,688 posts, read 85,015,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
What other people thought about superficial crap.
Now I'm older and wiser and don't give a rat's arse.
Definitely one of the benefits of getting older.

Old 11-11-2017, 08:35 AM

88,688 posts, read 85,015,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
I used to have anxiety so bad it bordered on delusion at times. Like, once my stepson was driving up to visit me and his dad, about a 150 mile drive and he was just 18, so he was bringing a friend. I could NOT get it out of my head that they were going to murder us. Even though I had known SS since he was 5 and he is the nicest person you could want to know.
I KNEW it was crazy to think about it but I couldn't stop. Of course they didn't murder us (as I recall, his friend slept about 18 hours a day) and shortly after that I started taking meds for anxiety, which helped tremendously.
Those are called intrusive thoughts, and it's part of OCD, which is an anxiety disorder. Glad the meds helped.

I used to be certain after I hit a pothole or a bump in the road that I had just run over and killed someone. I would turn the car around and go back to see if anyone was lying in the road or at the side of the road that I had killed. Sometimes I would look in the newspaper the next day to see if anyone had been killed in a hit and run.

Later I found out that other people with crazy brains like mine do this same thing. That hasn't happened to me in years now, I'm happy to say. Still have problems with other things, like leaving the house and being SURE I left the coffeepot plugged in and the house will burn down and my cats will die. I try to resist, but sometimes I simply have to turn around and go home and check one more time. And then I miss a train. I found that saying aloud "I am unplugging the coffeepot" as I do it helps me remember that I actually did (when I remember to say that).

Old 11-11-2017, 11:20 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,798,928 times
My mom pretended to be a robot once when I was about 5. Her acting skills were so good that I totally believed that she was, in fact, a robot. For a YEAR! She kept telling me that she was not a robot... and I'd say, "Yeah, but, that's what a robot would say." It stressed me out SO much. I was always looking at her out of the corner of my eye, trying to "catch" her doing robotic stuff.

I don't remember what finally convinced me that she was a human, after all. Maybe I saw her puking or something. (Wow, what a terrific After-School Special this experience would have made, huh?)

Old 11-12-2017, 09:32 AM

7,032 posts, read 14,500,711 times
I was depressed for a while about a decade ago when I was seriously convinced that we'd be drafted for the Iraq war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology