Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 11:43 AM

506 posts, read 511,650 times

Advertisements

I've noticed that passes are given to women who hate men, even excused and sided with, but if a man hates women, he's equivalent to someone hurting a puppy and ridiculed?

Why is that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2018, 11:52 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,415,453 times
Being as this is in the psych forum, you'd be better off learning how to ask a question so it's not loaded - that is, biased in such a way that it telegraphs the intention of the asker.

One possibility is that maybe more people regard women as "underdogs" and so give them more leeway to talk down their "oppressor". Or perhaps because women are perceived as having less power to begin with, who cares if they talk men down - what are they really gonna do about it, anyway?

Those are cynical responses that also assume that women really DO get away with talking down men than visa versa - do you have anything to support that other than your own (likely biased) observations?

Old 02-04-2018, 11:57 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,880,883 times
I need an example.

Old 02-04-2018, 01:25 PM

88,689 posts, read 85,015,124 times
Well said, reneeh63. I get a bit annoyed seeing these confrontationally-worded thread titles in the Psych forum. I want to think of this as a place for sensible discussion, not the P&OC vibe.

Old 02-04-2018, 01:32 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,906,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBAinTexas View Post
I've noticed that passes are given to women who hate men, even excused and sided with, but if a man hates women, he's equivalent to someone hurting a puppy and ridiculed?

Why is that?
It's not okay in either case and I am a women's rights activist.

Hating an entire group of people or stereotyping an entire group of people is wrong.

I've had a bad experience with a man in the past who was a real jerk in a relationship--but that was just *ONE* man--it is unfair to assume that *ALL* men are like him.

The commercials the portray men as clueless when it comes to babies or housework are as offensive as the ones that portray women as clueless when it comes to cars. Stereotypes and sexism suck no matter who is being targeted.

I can joke around about my own sex without being offended. It's actually pretty difficult to offend me...

There are double standards and there have been for years. Women have been on the receiving end of a lot of them and now guys are on the end of some of them.

I don't care for any kind of narrow-minded broad stereotyping to be honest.

Nobody gets a "pass" from me for hating a group of people simply based on who they are. Hate of any kind gets no pass from me.

I would hope that most reasonable people would agree with me on this?

Old 02-04-2018, 03:01 PM

506 posts, read 511,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
I would hope a moderator would shut this thread down, or at least move it. This should not be in the psychology forum.
Hate is psychological.

Old 02-04-2018, 03:06 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,928,347 times
Quote:

Why is that?
Given that it's something that you've "noticed", it could be that you're not accurately assessing the hate shown to men and women or the reactions to it

You're welcome

Old 02-04-2018, 03:08 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,071,908 times
Quote:

Why is that?
In the PC liberal world. Women are viewed as the weaker sex, however they want women to be equal to man, but women get a pass on shaming men.

Old 02-04-2018, 04:04 PM

2,129 posts, read 1,781,062 times
Quote:

Why is that?
It isn't.

Old 02-04-2018, 06:24 PM

1,672 posts, read 1,253,597 times
Most of liberal politics today isn't about equality for all, but about the destruction of the group designated as "dominant." Which includes (but certainly isn't limited to) males, Caucasians, Judeo-Christian religion, etc. Very similar to proles vs bourgeois. Not a psych topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology