Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2019, 11:46 AM

4 posts, read 1,641 times

Advertisements

To give a bit of context: My wife and I met in high school of 2001. We instantly became friends, I'd hear stories of her boyfriends at the time, nothing serious, no sex. 2003 rolls around and I join the Navy. Later in 2003 I confess my love for her, and she says she loves me too and decide to date and call each other regularly. I see her two times within that year and we drifted apart, she leaves for college and dates around while I serve in the Navy. In the spring of 2006 I randomly call her to see how she's doing, we talk for hours and admit we still have deep feelings for each other. We got Married in September of 2006. We survived deployments and work up detachments. We've had our growing pains for sure, but always remained faithful to one another.
Fast-forward to 2019, going on 13 years of marriage, two kids, moved back to our home state where all our family is. Now, I've always been very attracted to my wife, she's extremely loving and patient even with our autistic son. She's my MVP when it comes to my son. these past few weeks things are on the up and up. Not sure what exactly happened but I found myself constantly thinking of her, like almost non-stop. I couldn't wait to get home and wait for her to get off work so I could just be with her. The feeling is stronger than I'm used to feeling. Like I feel it's somehow new again, like when we first started to get romantic with each other 2006 when we got married. Then last week I had a Dr appointment, clean bill of health, that same day she went out and got her hair done and colored with purple and loose curls. When I came home that day and saw how beautiful she was, my heart fluttered and I fell even more in love with her. I talked to her about my feelings towards her and how it's like our relationship is new and exciting again, she said "Babe, I feel it too". I find myself doing more and more to make her days easier and happy. We're having more sex and intimate alone time as well. I just find her even more attractive now inside and out. She's such an amazing person. Not to sound too mooshy mooshy but I'm curious if this is normal. We're even talking about renewing our vows with a big gathering and ceremony.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2019, 05:35 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,984,679 times
...congrats!...who's to say what's 'normal'...

Old 04-03-2019, 09:22 PM

720 posts, read 428,809 times
So sweeeeet T_T
It doesn't matter if it's normal. as long as you are happy, enjoooooooy it cause it's special

Old 04-03-2019, 09:24 PM

Thank you. I just don't want to be "smothering" with her. I'm making a conscious effort but at the same time show her more affection. It's been blissful. After all these years she still gets me flustered. I know we're still young but I also feel 18 years of knowing each other and 13 years of marriage is nothing to sneeze at. I just find myself constantly thinking of her when she's not around. I mean, we met in high school and the first part of our marriage was me being overseas. I've been out of the military for many years now but still.... I've never really felt this need for her like I've felt lately. Like all of a sudden I can't stand the thought of her not by my side. She seems to love it and feels the same way. It's just so sudden how we both feel towards each other.

Old 04-04-2019, 01:41 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgeiss View Post
To give a bit of context: My wife and I met in high school of 2001. We instantly became friends, I'd hear stories of her boyfriends at the time, nothing serious, no sex. 2003 rolls around and I join the Navy. Later in 2003 I confess my love for her, and she says she loves me too and decide to date and call each other regularly. I see her two times within that year and we drifted apart, she leaves for college and dates around while I serve in the Navy. In the spring of 2006 I randomly call her to see how she's doing, we talk for hours and admit we still have deep feelings for each other. We got Married in September of 2006. We survived deployments and work up detachments. We've had our growing pains for sure, but always remained faithful to one another.
Fast-forward to 2019, going on 13 years of marriage, two kids, moved back to our home state where all our family is. Now, I've always been very attracted to my wife, she's extremely loving and patient even with our autistic son. She's my MVP when it comes to my son. these past few weeks things are on the up and up. Not sure what exactly happened but I found myself constantly thinking of her, like almost non-stop. I couldn't wait to get home and wait for her to get off work so I could just be with her. The feeling is stronger than I'm used to feeling. Like I feel it's somehow new again, like when we first started to get romantic with each other 2006 when we got married. Then last week I had a Dr appointment, clean bill of health, that same day she went out and got her hair done and colored with purple and loose curls. When I came home that day and saw how beautiful she was, my heart fluttered and I fell even more in love with her. I talked to her about my feelings towards her and how it's like our relationship is new and exciting again, she said "Babe, I feel it too". I find myself doing more and more to make her days easier and happy. We're having more sex and intimate alone time as well. I just find her even more attractive now inside and out. She's such an amazing person. Not to sound too mooshy mooshy but I'm curious if this is normal. We're even talking about renewing our vows with a big gathering and ceremony.

And your problem is???

Naw. Just kidding. This was really nice and sweet to read. Mooshy mooshy isn't so bad. :-)

Old 04-04-2019, 10:22 PM

Thank you. My wife actually finds it very attractive, so I guess there's no problem as it is welcomed. She came home today saying how she loves it and couldn't stop thinking about coming home. It's a special time for us, especially since it's very much mutual. Just amazing after all these years the desire is very much still there, just buried a bit from the circus of life, kids, work etc. I think we're just happy to go back to the basics of which brought us together in the first place. I'm not exactly a vulnerable or emotional kind of guy. I'm vulnerable only to my wife because I have a deep trust in her, but to share this online is a big to me. I tend to be reserved and to myself and show little to no emotion around anyone else. I guess I'm turning a leaf because I want to tell everyone. I'm just not used to willingly be emotionally vulnerable, but I'm too happy at the same time to not to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology