Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2014, 02:08 AM

206 posts, read 303,836 times

Advertisements

A person i know i think may have bi polar or some disorder with mood swings. He always was the type to get upset over nothing and paranoid for no reason. For example, he would get pissed just because something didn't go his way and hes an adult. He acts like a baby the screams and throws a tantrum and when you try to calm him down he rebels. When he rebels he does it in a way that is uncontrollable like he can't stop and seems like his remorse is disconnected (Not in every case but you can tell he does not care most of the time). If he talks to you and you say something incorrect his temper will come out, and its like he cant restrain himself. He has an issue with drinking and smoking weed, and he does not get the point of calming down. He is obnoxious and it does not make any sense because when he is obnoxious he no one can understand why. For example if something like a drain pipe was broken and it needed to be fixed and every one knew it, he would try to aggressively say he can fix it. He would obnoxiously try to fix it and his body language as, if you try to fix it he would get mad or act as if he would take the tools to fix it from you. People around him don't understand him when he is rude like that but i know that he knows he has an issue but he will not admit it or do anything about it.

So if you know some one with bipolar or something that has to do with mood swings please let me know thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2014, 10:35 AM

1,523 posts, read 2,865,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter921 View Post
He has an issue with drinking and smoking weed, and he does not get the point of calming down.
There you go, he's an addict.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbesdj View Post
There you go, he's an addict.
o really, i ask because of a friend of mine had bipolar and he used to act similar to that. He used to blow up whine over nothing and hi never had a stable relationship with a women.

Old 02-06-2014, 09:08 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,823,807 times
Sounds like it. I had a friend with severe bi-polar. What surprised me was the delusions that went along with it...helicopters following her, someone watching her through the TV, and she though her dog out into the street because she thought it wasn't real and was a spy device sent to her from Obama.

Someone please explain. What does having wild mood swings (she was either super happy or MEAN AS HELL) have to do with paranoid delusions? Why do they often develop with each other?

BTW she also abuses alcohol and pot but she was often extremely angry and/or paranoid while completely sober.

Old 02-07-2014, 04:43 AM

3,070 posts, read 5,233,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Sounds like it. I had a friend with severe bi-polar. What surprised me was the delusions that went along with it...helicopters following her, someone watching her through the TV, and she though her dog out into the street because she thought it wasn't real and was a spy device sent to her from Obama.

Someone please explain. What does having wild mood swings (she was either super happy or MEAN AS HELL) have to do with paranoid delusions? Why do they often develop with each other?

BTW she also abuses alcohol and pot but she was often extremely angry and/or paranoid while completely sober.
That isn't a result of bipolar disorder itself - remember that bipolar can co-exist along other mental illness, as well as substance abuse, can create paranoid delusion. While she may have bipolar, that sort of paranoid beliefs were a result of something else.

To OP:

Bipolar disorder doesn't necessarily mean someone is swinging off and on all day - it is often a prolonged mood swing. It sounds like this person has serious anger issues or other co-existing conditions, or is just generally an ******* to begin with.

Old 02-08-2014, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliss2 View Post
That isn't a result of bipolar disorder itself - remember that bipolar can co-exist along other mental illness, as well as substance abuse, can create paranoid delusion. While she may have bipolar, that sort of paranoid beliefs were a result of something else.

To OP:

Bipolar disorder doesn't necessarily mean someone is swinging off and on all day - it is often a prolonged mood swing. It sounds like this person has serious anger issues or other co-existing conditions, or is just generally an ******* to begin with.

This person drives people nuts, even at a very young age he did not listen to people and people had to yell at him. He did suffer from his father not being there so do you think that may be it to. He is a **** starter for nothing, he is always on edge for nothing like he has no life at all but to give an attitude. He is an adult now and lives like he don't acknowledge people cant take his behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology