Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2013, 05:48 PM

700 posts, read 1,820,305 times

Advertisements

Due to employment demands, I need to move out of state for a while. Does anyone know of a good, reputable home watch service you trust entering your home? I've read some of the past recommendations and still in limbo. I thought I had a 'good' one but they won't return my calls/emails. I've googled some but they can't even spell words correctly.

These are a must:
Contact me prior to entering the house due to false alarms on the alarm system (we use a cell service for alarm and our home phone follows us)
Cut grass as needed (I could always use a lawn svc for this)
Pool maintenance (again, could use a svc for this too)

I have cameras placed in the home as well as outside but still would like someone to enter and flush toilets, etc. No valuables in house, just would like someone to walk around and make sure no spiders, critters have taken up residence.

On a side note: I was thinking of starting one up that had video of the outside as well as the inside and post on YouTube as private. If anyone is starting one up, this would be a great addition.

Don't want to leave PC but must for a while.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2013, 06:00 PM

5,176 posts, read 4,951,032 times
Sorry to see that you must leave for a while.

When we're away we use Home Watch Group of SWFL. They do come in the house and check things out, including running water in all faucets and taking humidity levels inside. If they find something wrong (e.g. bug infestation), they will call you so you can address it. As far as calling you before entering, that is something you'll have to address with them. I don't believe they do pools or lawn service.

For pool and lawn service I used K & K Pools & Lawn Service (941-426-8932) out of North Port. They do a weekly pool service and while they're there cut the grass if needed.

Old 07-25-2013, 07:09 PM

Mik, thank you very much!!!! I so hate to leave PC as this is my home base now. I'll be back so to speak! I'll check both recommendations out. Very much appreciated!

Old 07-28-2013, 03:59 PM

260 posts, read 563,485 times
Ditto on HomeWatch. I sit on the Fort Myers board of realtors with them and they are great people.

Old 07-29-2013, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisDaMenace View Post
Ditto on HomeWatch. I sit on the Fort Myers board of realtors with them and they are great people.
Thanks again! I have a meeting with them in a few minutes.
Thx!!!!

Old 10-29-2013, 10:27 AM

1 posts, read 1,090 times
Default Around the house Home sevices

Quote:
Originally Posted by daFrogMan View Post
Thanks again! I have a meeting with them in a few minutes.
Thx!!!!
Try. Aroundthehousehomeservices.com
941-249-1560

They have worked out for me and they do lawns too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte