Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2014, 09:23 PM

1,917 posts, read 2,632,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messing About View Post
Hi Doxies and thanks for the note. I don't know the name of the paver company but the pool contractor can probably tell you. The pool is being put in by Custom Pools by Precision.

Cage crews came again today for about 3 hours....lol. Then the rain chased them away and they never returned. I'm telling you, someday this thing has got to get finished. DOH! I just know it.

Oh and update on the Electrical sub....remember the $150 estimate to add a sub-panel, where they are running lines anyway? They followed up with my wife today and said they really meant $525. I said, "no extra work for them." I will get someone else to do it. My neighbor is an electrician and he said a job like that shouldn't cost near that much...maybe $300 at the most.
You should tell them that you have another electrician lined up to do it for $300 but if they are willing to do it for the $300 they can have the job.

If they bite then you won't need to go through any additional permits.

Gary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2014, 06:31 AM

2,118 posts, read 3,778,590 times
Electric contractor is Empire Electric. They don't seem to want the extra $300 to install a box that cost $60 and a little labor. Guess a 200% profit margin doesn't cut it with them. We will just have them install the work the pool contractor hired them for...which is hard wire the pool motor and light.

Here's a photo of the cage from yesterday, complete with my newly trimmed palms for a backdrop. Cage guys should finish today cuz....you know, they just started on last Thursday.

Love this photo my wife took.
Attached Thumbnails
Our Big Wet Dream (pool construction from start to finish)-image.jpg  

Old 07-09-2014, 07:22 AM

182 posts, read 240,537 times
Soooo awesome!!

Old 07-09-2014, 08:15 AM

174 posts, read 409,204 times
That is REALLY nice looking! So how much are you going to spend on the outdoor furniture and other fixtures?

You don't need to answer that. LOL Your pool area is so beautiful, I had a vision in my head with some nice furniture to go with it!

Old 07-09-2014, 09:48 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,374,769 times
Really really pretty!!! Hope you are swimming soon.

Old 07-09-2014, 10:45 AM

390 posts, read 609,459 times
Very nice! Any day now!

Old 07-09-2014, 09:20 PM

122 posts, read 136,703 times
I really like the black frame on that cage. So close to being done!

Old 07-14-2014, 09:54 AM

2,118 posts, read 3,778,590 times
Day 81 update:

Bought out Home Depot on all 6 door/window pool alarms last Friday.
Every single one of the packages was opened/returned merchandise, by who knows how many prior customers.
Having trouble getting them all to stick, even with new 2 sided tape. Alarms kept false alerting by falling off of the wall/window. Finally pulled all batteries with the plan to re-arm the moment the inspector arrives.
There is zero chance of me keeping this product at $19 each.

Pool contractor was very little help in advising us specifically which windows and doors needed to be armed and it was no shock when we failed today's inspection. 2 of the windows are louvered crank windows with screens on the inside. We failed because I didn't remove the screens and place the sensor on the actual glass of the window. What sense does this code make when I'm literally forced to remove one barrier layer to keep a child out of the pool area? "The illusion of safety; the reality of simply another way to tax the citizens."

We now need 2 more of these crappy alarms and will have to re-schedule the inspection. Very disappointed in the lack of knowledge/support from my contractor in this area.

To further aggravate me, the county inspector identified an old 110 line in my old lanai that isn't on GFI and said I would have to cure this before he passes me. It was pre-existing to my purchase and I can't believe they can fail me on something that is not the scope of this permit.

Yeah...day 81, that's right.

Old 07-14-2014, 10:05 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,374,769 times
Sorry for the inspection failures. Is that non gfi within 6 feet of a wet area? If so, that is the reason. We had one too but our contractor knew the codes and had it switched out long before inspection. Some of the so called codes are unreal but we have no choice. Day 81 would aggravate me more than anything. With the heat we have been having I know you are dreaming about swimming in that pool.

Old 07-14-2014, 01:32 PM

3,179 posts, read 6,004,461 times
Luckily a GFCI outlet is only $12-15 and easy to change out :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte